Jensenfan1978's playlist


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com

Monday, November 28, 2011

Supernatural Death Note Chapter 153

Laran and Tisha Wyman Warnings: Bad language, violence, and some sex. Spoilers: My favorite show is Supernatural. Anyone who knows me will say I am almost obsessed, unless they happen to be Laran, who knows I am. Laran loves Death Note. We both love to write. Never in our wildest dreams did we ever think we'd be writing an alternate universe/crossover between the two. What started as a several chapter story has turned into a novel. The story had a life of its own. This saga begins towards the end of season 4 and before L truly got involved with the Death Note. This is a story of healing, family,friendship, humor, and horror. We do not own either show or its characters, but I'd take Dean in a heartbeat. We make no money from them. Thank you for reading.For this chapter, I would like to say we do not own or make money from May It Be by Howard Shore, Enya, Nicholas John Ryan and Roma Shane Ryan. I will say the same thing  about the Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkien and the movie by Peter Jackson.  Comments are highly appreciated.

Winter Solstice - Sam and Sarah's wedding.

The few weeks saw everyone making Christmas and wedding preparations.    Dean had graduated from diesel school and finished his first year at the online university with a 3.98.  He spent a lot of his free time making the ornaments Sarah was selling on a web site.  He had also found a voice coach and was ready to surprise Sarah at her wedding.

Sarah's plans had surprised everyone.  She had literally put together an elvish wedding.  Her gown rivalled one of Arwen's from the Lord of the Rings movies, having designed it herself.  She'd also crafted the jewelry from beautiful beads, resolving to sell others like this online as well.  No one, save Lisa, had seen her dress.  She'd designed one for her friend and the men were wearing costumes similiar to those of elvish lords.  

Dean looked at the the white and gold elvish lord clothing his brother was wearing.  "What am I wearing, Sammy?"   His brother handed him  a similar outfit in a deep dark blue, trimmed in silver.  

Dean reminded his brother that there were some musicians with a lute, lyre, bodhran, and a flute.  "Just let me know when I can do this.  I really want to get it over with.  I'll be honest, Sam.  I've never done this before."

Sam grinned.  "You remember the Lord of the Rings movies you watched with the boys?"

"Yeah, I understand we're elves tonight, but Sam, I've been taking voice lessons for one song, man. I'm singing for her tonight and it's not in her wedding plans, so she's either going to love it or hate me.  I have worked for a while on "May it Be."

 "Oh man, Dean, she'll love it," he told him.

"Okay because the musicians freaked when I told them it was outdoors.  I got all of the fires lit and they're roaring in those huge metal disk-like things she asked me to pick up in town when I stopped by to get my diploma.  It's nice and warm out there. I have all of them hooked up to propane tanks so nothing dies down. We got, what?  Forty minutes?  I"d better shave.  Sam, your hair is braided?  Mine's gotten long. Is that happening to mine too?  Who is going to do that?"

Sam was grinning.  Dean, nervous over singing, was talking non stop.

 "It'll be fine, and yes my hair is braided.  There's a lady here that specializes in it," he answered him.


"She's just doing intricate braid around the sides to the back?  It's not all the down the back like a braided pony tail is it?  Yours isn't, but you're getting married.  That's usually different.  Where is she, I'll go get it done before I put these on.  This jacket is nice."  Dean looked down at the suede boots that would go almost to his knees.  They were a dark blue like the jacket and trousers.  He touched the suede, and looked up at Sam.  "Do we get to keep the outfits?"


"Yes we do," he told him.  "Sarah designed all of these.  She wouldn't let me see the girls' dresses, and I'm anxious to see how she looks.


"I know her dad arrived a couple hours ago.  I haven't seen him but I heard him.  For her sake, I guess I'm glad, but not for yours."  Dean touched the suede boots.  "Should I be wearing this before I get my hair braided?   Damn, that sounds weird."


 "You'll want the undershirt on..anything that has to be pulled over the head," he answered.  "Then finish dressing when you're ready."


Dean took off his bathrobe and stood there in his jeans and slippers.  "Lis told me not to dry my hair all the way and then laughed and commented about how wavy and almost curly it can get?  Sheesh."   Dean put on the silver  under shirt.  He left the trousers, jacket and suede boots where he had found them.  He headed out the door and stopped to look at this brother.  "That Lord of the Rings outfit should be a lot of fun after Lis and I are married."  He had a large goofy grin on his face as he winked at his brother and headed out the door.


 "Damn, I so didn't need to hear that," he groaned, shaking his head as he finished getting ready.


Dean returned forty minutes later to find the room empty.  He continued to get dressed.  A woman came in and put a heavy silver chain around his neck with an elvish letter hanging from it.  Dean lifted it and stared, "What letter is this in English?"


 "It means brother," she said to him.  "Miss Sarah had them made for all the men in the wedding party as a thank you.  You received brother, and I think Mr. Singer got one that said father."


"Thank you," he responded as he let it drop to his chest.  He looked into the mirror and stared at the reflection.  "Damn!  I look good.  Who would have thought I'd make a good looking elf?"  He laughed, looked up at the clock on the wall and knew it was time to join his brother.  There had been  no rehearsal and  he thought that was strange  He found Sam walking around by the large fires that were burning throughout the back property.  They had not gone far enough to see what was set up.  It had been done since Dean lit the fires.


"Well, are you ready?"


 Sam nodded, looking a bit nervous.  "I am," he admitted.


"You okay, Sammy?"  Dean reached up and touched his brother's face.  "We'll always be brothers, Sam.  Sarah sent me this.  It means 'brother.'  I feel a hell of a lot better after getting it.  What are we supposed to do  now?   They lowered the fires where she said the ceremony was going to be.  It's too dark to know where to go or what to do.  It's going to be cold over there."


I'm nervous," he answered as they headed out towards the fires.  "And I think she's got it all under control."


"If this is what you desire above all things, Sammy, then it's all right.  No need to be nervous.  Now if you're concerned about my singing....well, I hope you have plenty of finger nail on each finger to bite."  Dean grinned at him.  "Do we wait here or brave the blackness?"


The question was answered when Near appeared, looking very much like an elf with his fair skin and white hair.  "Follow Near," he murmured to them.


Dean leaned close to Sam, "I told my band to be ready to play when she appears.  I know Lis is with her. Is her Dad giving her away?  Or is Bobby?  If not, I figured he's be standing with you too."

 "Her father is..Bobby is waiting for me at the alter to stand beside you," he said to him.  "It's a combination ceremony..she had a friend fly in to conduct it.  It's legal but called handfasting in her beliefs."


"Combination?  Man!  You sound like you're marrying me off at the same time."


Sam burst out laughing.  "No, I meant there's things to be done to be legal in the state of Texas and still go with her beliefs."


Dean sighed.  "Okay.  It's just that I would not have put it past Sarah and Lisa to do that.  Dual ceremony, no worrying about another wedding in a little over a week.  They'd think it was romantic.  You know girls are."


"They talked about it but decided to hold each one differently," he said, then lowered his voice as they arrived in the clearing.  The trees were lit with white lights that gave a look of stepping into fairy land.  The snow had been removed and the area decorated to resemble Lothlorien or even Imladris.


Dean stood still and Sam had to stop ad see what he was doing.  He looked as if he were stunned.   He finally looked across at his brother, and spoke, his voice barely a whisper.  "It's beautiful, Sammy."


"It's incredible," he whispered.  Sara had done a fantastic job


Dean walked beside his brother as they continued to follow Near.  Bobby was waiting.  He was wearing a dark burgundy jacket and trousers, with gold trim.  Dean saw the gold chain and letter on his chest.  He had a hard time swallowing.


Everyone was in elvish costumes, even the one performing the ceremony.  There was a shift as music began, and Lisa emerged, wearing a burgandy style dress with gold trim that looked absolutely breathtaking on her.


Dean watched for Sarah and noticed the small band he'd hired take their places by the other musicians.  The two groups talked a minute and the other musicians grinned and reached into their cases and grabbed the song Dean was planning on singing.


Sarah emerged from the shadows.  Her hair had been braided away from her face and a gorgeous beaded tiara across her brow, matching the necklace she wore.  The gown was cream and gold, blowing any of Liv Tyler's wardrobe on the movies away.  She looked ethereal and just beyond radiant.


Dean knew he could sing the song on key but looking at the beautiful queen of the fairies walking towards them, he choked.  He saw the surprised look on her face when the combined musicians started playing the introduction to the song. Sam heard him murmur, "Oh Lord, what have I done?"


She looked over towards him, eyes wide.  This wasn't part of the plan but it seemed her future brother had other designs.


Dean panicked, "Sammy, what do I do?  I've screwed her wedding up.  She  had other plans. You can see it in her eyes.  I've done it again."

 "Sing," he told his brother.  "Go for it.  Focus on her alone and sing," he reassured him.


Swallowing hard, Dean listened to the music and heard the first strands of the part he was to sing.  He looked at Sarah and saw only her.  He started to sing, shocking everyone who thought he could only  sing off key. The voice master had taught him well.  He put his heart and his soul into the song that was just for Sarah.

May it be an evening star
Shines down upon you
May it be when darkness falls
Your heart will be true
You walk a lonely road
Oh! How far you are from home

Mornie utulie (Darkness has come)
Believe and you will find your way
Mornie alantie (Darkness has fallen)
A promise lives within you now

May it be the shadow's call
Will fly away
May it be your journey on
To light the day
When the night is overcome
You may rise to find the sun

Mornie utulie (Darkness has come)
Believe and you will find your way
Mornie alantie (Darkness has fallen)
A promise lives within you now

A promise lives within you now


 Sarah's face lit up as her favorite song was sung by the other. This was a gift beyond all gifts she could have ever been given.  Her eyes were bright with tears and happiness as she listened to him sing.


Dean had no idea there were tears going down his face or that the music had stopped and a pin drop could have been heard. He still had direct eye contact with Sarah.


She gave him a radiant smile after the last note had faded, telling him that she had treasured that gift.


Sam looked from his bride to be to his brother.  Dean's face had tear tracks, but there was a soft, gently smile on it.


Their ceremony went on from there, and there was a quiet but happy hush that filled the clearing as the speaker joined the lives of the two together.


The ceremony ended and Dean just stood, watching everyone around him.  This was perhaps one of the biggest changes in his life.  He felt a little sad, but there was a soft fulfilling joy also.


After Sam kissed his bride, Sarah moved to stand in front of Dean, kissing his cheek.  "Thank you, big brother.  That made everything perfect."


Dean leaned down and kissed her forehead.  "I wanted to do something very special for  you.  Welcome into the family, Sarah."

 She gave him a bright smile.  "It meant so much."


"I meant for it to do that, but I got kinda panicky.  I honestly thought I might have screwed up your wedding.  Sam just told me to sing."


 "You did great," she said, smiling brightly.  "And my favorite song too."


"Really?  That's awesome.  The voice master told me I wasn't really tone deaf and that I had a pretty good voice.  I just needed to learn how to listen.  I just wanted to give you something no one could.  I love you, Sarah. That's something I've come to understand.  I'm glad to have a sister."


 "You did fantastic," she said, small hand resting where the pendent was.  "You are my brother now."


Tears glistened in the hazel eyes and without thinking, Dean grabbed Sarah and kissed her and then hugged her close.  He finally let her go, a look of shock on his face.  He turned towards Lisa, Sam, and Bobby...."I'm sorry.  It wasn't like that"   He swung around to Sarah, "I'm so sorry."


 Sarah giggled. "It wasn't taken the wrong way, silly."  Lisa grinned at him.  "Forgiven."


Dean breathed a sigh of relief but turned towards his brother, "Sam."


He hugged his brother.  "Thanks for making this special for her."


Dean relaxed in his brother's hug, "Thanks, Sammy."  He turned towards Sarah,  'I Know he gets the first dance, but will you dance a reel with me?"


The bride's smile was wide.  "As many as you want tonight," she told her dance partner.


The dancing, eating, and celebrating continued for several hours.  Sam finally managed to sneak Sarah off to their suite.  Honeymoons would occur after Christmas.   


In their bed, Dean pulled Lisa close, and laid his head on her shoulder.  He whispered, "I almost wish we had done it with them tonight."  He closed his eyes and drifted off to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment