Jensenfan1978's playlist


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Desert Song Chapter Eighteen


    
        Sam blinked his eyes and kept sticking his tongue out of his mouth, making funny faces.  His head cleared and he looked around him.  He was in a private room and wondered where he was.

        A woman walked in and stood at the foot of his bed, hands on her hips.

        “It’s about time you woke up, Sam Winchester.”     

        The hunter stared at her for a moment.  “Mrs. Tran?” was his hoarse response.

        “Yes, they operated on you yesterday.  They said you might be unconscious for a while due to the concussion,” Kevin’s mother answered.

        “What time is it?”

        “It is four in the afternoon.”

        “That’s a long time.  How’s Dean?”

        “I don’t know.  Garth sent me here and headed up to ICU,” the woman responded as she pulled a chair up to Sam’s bedside and sat down.” 

        “Garth?  ICU!”  Sam pressed the button for a nurse.

        A male nurse entered the room.  “Can I help you, Sir?”

        Sam tried to take several deep breaths but all he could think of was Dean waking up in ICU and freaking out.

        “My brother, Dean Winchester, is in ICU.  I think we ought to be in the same room.  He’s not gonna handle this very well. He’ll pull out the IV if he’s awake enough.”

        “I’ll see what I can do, Mr. Winchester.”

                                               ******

        Dean slowly opened his eyes and licked his lips.  He felt tired, sore, and incredibly thirsty. 

        “Hello?” His voice was barely a whisper, “Damn it.  Sammy?”

        “Hey, Dean,” Garth said as he stood up from a chair near the hunter’s bed.

        Garth stared into a pair of highly confused green eyes.

        “Where am I?  Hell, where’s Sammy?  Is that bastard dead?”

        “Well, you’re in the hospital.  Sam is in a room two floors down, and
I don’t know who the bastard is, Dean.”

The hunter tried to sit up on the side of the bed, reaching for tubes and wires.  Garth pressed an emergency button and tried to convince the man to lay back down.

A doctor and several nurses ran into the room.  Dean attempted to fight them off, but he was too weak.

“No, please.  Sammy!”

A few minutes passed and Dean had been given a sedative.  He was not unconscious.  The drug was more of an ‘I Don’t Give a Damn’ medication.  

Garth was speaking to the doctor when the request from Sam was brought to the ICU.

A conference was held.  Intermediate Care was on the third floor.  A room was set up with the equipment needed to monitor the older brother and what Sam needed also. 

Sam was resting in the new room when his brother was brought down.  The younger man sat up as Dean’s bed was rolled into the room and set up closer to the door.

After all the medical equipment was hooked up, the nurse gave the older hunter a slight shot of pain medicine to work with the sedative.

Dean breathed slowly and his brother heard a slight sob.

I’m here, Dean.  We’re gonna be fine.”

“Sammy?”

“Yeah?  What happened to that son of a bitch?  The explosion knocked me for a loop.  I thought I saw him get carried away.”

“I’m sorry, but I was out cold.”

The hunter sighed.  “Did anyone find my Baby?”

“We have it, Dean,” Garth answered from the door.

“Garth?  What the hell?”

Sam sighed softly, “I listed him as next of kin, Dean.  We couldn’t do it for each other since both of us were in here. How are you feeling?”

The green eyes looked slightly glazed over, “Like shit, Sammy.  Garth?”

“Yeah, Dean?”

“Is my baby all right?”

“Yeah, she’s fine.  I’m gonna let you two get some rest.  You’ve been through hell and back from what the doctors told me.  Get some sleep.  I’ll be back later.”

Sam watched his older brother doze off and laid back down and closed his eyes.  He suddenly felt exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment