Jensenfan1978's playlist


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Supernatural Death Note Chapter 6

Authors: Lady Laran and Tisha Wyman Warnings: Bad language, violence, and some sex. Spoilers: My favorite show is Supernatural. Anyone who knows me will say I am almost obsessed, unless they happen to be Laran, who knows I am. Laran loves Death Note. We both love to write. Never in our wildest dreams did we ever think we'd be writing an alternate universe/crossover between the two. What started as a several chapter story has turned into a novel The story had a life of its own. This saga begins towards the end of season 4 and before L truly got involved with the Death Note. This is a story of healing, family,friendship, humor, and horror. We do not own either show or its characters, but I'd take Dean in a heartbeat. We make no money from them. Thank you for reading. Comments are highly appreciated.

Capoeira

The hunter looked at Watari. “Where's L this morning?”

"He takes a bit of his morning to exercise and then clean up," was the soft answer. "He's practicing."

“Practicing?”

"Capoeira," Watari responded.

“I haven't heard of it? Martial art form?”

The older man nodded. "It is actually." He told Dean about the history of it.

“Like a dance? I bet it's beautiful to watch. Dad taught us how to fight. I'm not bad, but I am not trained in martial arts a whole lot. What we fight doesn't usually require it.”

"Would you like to see? If you're finished, I can show you. He's probably still working at the moment."

Dean's eyes lit up. “Yeah, I would..if he wouldn't mind.”

He shook his head, rising slowly as bones popped and creaked slightly. "He won't. Follow me."

Dean felt a sense of excitement run through him, and it had been a long time since he had felt it. He enjoyed anything that required the discipline that martial arts demanded. His dad required it from him daily. Being the good soldier took a lot.

Watari led him to a room connected to the suite, opening the door and leading Dean into the room but keeping the duo beside the wall. Music of an almost African, nature heavy with drums, filled the room. L, dressed in loose clothing, was lost in the rhythm. His agile form, which usually looked so frail in his usual clothing and slouched posture, performed flips, kicks, and kicks performed while in a hand stand. It was a dance..deadly but beautiful.

Dean stood stiff as a board, not moving an inch, gazing in awe at L's movements, and becoming drawn into the beat of the drums. His eyes never left the form of the slender man, becoming mesmerized by the control displayed.

Eventually, the workout came to an end and L stretched for a moment before his body sagged back into its usual slouching position. He shuffled towards them. "Good morning," he greeted them.

Dean couldn't think of anything to say. His mind was still on the movements and the control this slouching man had shown moments earlier, and he showed no signs of perspiration, heavy breathing, or weakness. He continued to stare at L, his eyes wide and mouth open. It wasn't rudeness that caused the lack of response It was total awe and respect for the man.

"Are you well, Dean?" The question was accompanied with wide eyes and soft voice as the detective watched him.

Dean came to himself and was flustered that he was actually blushing from embarrassment for being caught staring in such a way. “Huh? Er...I'm sorry. That was just totally awesome, man. Seriously awesome.”

A small half smile quirked the dark haired man's lips. "Thank you. Each of us practices a form of martial arts..for discipline, exercise, as well as self defense. Mello uses a style of karate, Matt an older form of Tae Kwan Do, and Near, due to his smaller size, a style of kung fu that utilizes speed over power."

Dean nodded. “I was never taught the regular discipline of martial arts, but my dad was a former marine, and we were taught to fight like them. I can usually handle myself in a fight. I can take the blows and stand my own against several men, but I've never fought someone who has had the discipline. Probably get my ass kicked. I enjoyed watching. Thanks.”

"You are most welcome. Watari, I believe it is Near's turn to go first this time." L kept them on a rotation so there wouldn't be any fighting over favoritism in regards to using the room after he had finished. "I must clean up. I will rejoin you in a short while."

No comments:

Post a Comment