Jensenfan1978's playlist


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com

Monday, August 30, 2010

Supernatural Death Note Chapter 8

Authors: Lady Laran and Tisha Wyman Warnings: Bad language, violence, and some sex. Spoilers: My favorite show is Supernatural. Anyone who knows me will say I am almost obsessed, unless they happen to be Laran, who knows I am. Laran loves Death Note. We both love to write. Never in our wildest dreams did we ever think we'd be writing an alternate universe/crossover between the two. What started as a several chapter story has turned into a novel The story had a life of its own. This saga begins towards the end of season 4 and before L truly got involved with the Death Note. This is a story of healing, family,friendship, humor, and horror. We do not own either show or its characters, but I'd take Dean in a heartbeat. We make no money from them. Thank you for reading. Comments are highly appreciated.

Castiel, Dean, Mello, and Near

L stared at the angel. "Then I offer my services. Bring whatever information you have to me, I will assist in solving this." It wasn't often the world's greatest detective volunteered.

The angel stared at the detective, contemplating the offer. This may surprise you, detective, and I know it will Dean, but I will accept your offer. I have studied you recently. I try not to interfere in the Winchesters' lives unless it is absolutely necessary. It is not right to intervene in human affairs unless ordered to do so. Dean Winchester was dead, having sold his soul to bring Sam back from the dead. Dean suffered for what he did, in ways man can not understand, but I was told it was necessary to free him from the pit and the torture, because they broke him. He is a good man, L, and he believes his brother is. I want proof of that.”

“Wait a minute, Cas, no one needs to deal with Sammy but me. You aren't going to investigate him. He's my brother, and he wouldn't hurt or betray me. My little brother wanted to avenge me, okay? He's hurting cause he couldn't, and he thinks I can't do my job. I can show him what I'm capable of.”

Dark eyes went back and forth. "You bring me the information as to what is going on up, wherever your kind gather..and I will solve this for you. Everything ties in to Dean and his brother. In the meantime, we will also rehabilitate Sam. I do believe this..Ruby..needs to be dealt with."

“I have the knife, Cas, and I'm going to gank the bitch.”

“Not alone, Dean. We do not know what she is up to at this moment. You must be careful. She is unscrupulous, almost as bad as Meg. You go nowhere alone. I will know.”

Dean stood, arms crossed, legs apart, the stubborn look he could get on his face. “What the hell are you going to do about it, Cas? You're not allowed to hurt me.”

“I can transport you somewhere isolated, with no means of getting back without, me. Remember that.”

L held up his hand. "I agree that Dean should not go alone. If we can get the systems online, Near and Matt can monitor and advise us with headsets while Mello and I accompany Dean."

“Ruby will not be here alone, and demons will be watching everywhere. That is why I brought you here. She has communicated with the creatures, and she wants Dean dead. If they get him before you are ready, his death will not be comfortable. Stay here until your plans are formulated and you are well armed. Dean has the armaments to deal with demons, but two machetes are not enough for killing the creatures. Each of you should have more then one blade.”

"Mello and I can use them." So could Matt and Near. "We will need to ensure this cabin is safe for my companions as well. I will have the technical aspect up and running soon."

“I will be a short while. I will be bringing food and other items that will be needed.”

“Cas, you don't eat, man. Bring real food, like meat, bread, eggs, etc. Go into a store and ask. Don't just go by your own ideas on what should or shouldn't be consumed.”

The angel nodded and disappeared.

L's voice was flat. "He will not know our dietary requirements either."

“No, we'll wait til he gets back, go through what he brings...then, we take the Impala.”

He nodded. "That will be acceptable. Why don't you get started on the house protections against..whatever might be out there? I will work with the others on getting our systems back online."

Dean drew sigils on the outside walls of the house, there were devils traps at every entry. He did one by the fireplaces in the cabin. There wasn't a crack or crevice that wasn't salted. He hung charms and other magical items throughout the cabin. Then, he walked out 100 feet and began a magic litany with holy water, salt, and a few other items and marked a protection grid for the house. It took him several hours. L and the boys would stop and watch him at times.

Dean walked inside with amulets and gave one to everyone of them, including Watari. “You don't take these off. They won't stop them from coming after you, but they can't possess you.”

Near took the amulet and frowned at it. He wasn't fond of jewelry at all. The others donned them without complaint but the white haired teen looked at Dean. "Is this necessary?"

Dean looked at him, “Trust me, it is.”

He sighed and L knelt beside him, murmuring softly in his ear. The amulet was soon donned, which made Near fidget restlessly with it.

Dean watched the boy as he worked with getting guns, shotguns, and other armament ready, and was getting ready to sharpen any blades they had, knifes and machetes. He looked at Near fidgeting. Sighing, Dean put down the whet stone.

“Come on, Near. We're gonna go for a walk while I tell you a story about why they're necessary. Okay?”

Mello surprised L by speaking up. "It isn't that. Little fluff ball over there doesn't take well to change. He's worn the same outfit since I can remember."

Before L could say anything, Dean jumped in. “First off, name calling is a bully act and bullies are mainly cowards who don't pick on someone who can take them on and maybe just kick their ass. Second, there's a hell of a lot of people who don't like change...some more then others. It's easier for them when it's explained to them why a change is necessary and not permanent. You got that? Cause you owe him and everyone here an apology for that crap.”

Mello grinned and flipped him off. "I don't answer to you, and the fluff ball is used to it."

In fury, the hunter took off his jacket, “You think you're big enough boy, cause being used to it don't make it right. I'm not talking your fancy martial arts stuff either, I'm talking one on one. You think flipping someone off makes you special? It makes you an ass in the eyes of those you just might want to impress. It don't impress, boy. It don't make you a man either. It makes you look 13 if that old with no idea what to even do with a girl, much less how to act like you are mature enough to be with one, or with adults. So, come, baby boy. Without your special tricks, take me on? At some point, everyone of us has pushed an adult too far and gotten his ass kicked. It's beginning to look like your time. You are not doing that to him any more. You got that? So come on.”

Near rose from his usual sitting position and walked to Dean, gray eyes looking into hazel. "It is not necessary for Dean Winchester to do this. Near will walk with Dean Winchester."

Dean's anger cooled as he looked into the gray eyes. He looked at Mello, “You got a reprieve, boy. I'm not calling you by your name until you show me you've earned it. In my eyes, you aren't a man at all.” The hunter's voice grew soft, “Come on, Near. Let's go for that walk.”

No comments:

Post a Comment