Jensenfan1978's playlist


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com

Monday, August 30, 2010

Supernatural Death Note Chapter 8

Authors: Lady Laran and Tisha Wyman Warnings: Bad language, violence, and some sex. Spoilers: My favorite show is Supernatural. Anyone who knows me will say I am almost obsessed, unless they happen to be Laran, who knows I am. Laran loves Death Note. We both love to write. Never in our wildest dreams did we ever think we'd be writing an alternate universe/crossover between the two. What started as a several chapter story has turned into a novel The story had a life of its own. This saga begins towards the end of season 4 and before L truly got involved with the Death Note. This is a story of healing, family,friendship, humor, and horror. We do not own either show or its characters, but I'd take Dean in a heartbeat. We make no money from them. Thank you for reading. Comments are highly appreciated.

Interlude with Near

Dean's anger cooled as he looked into the gray eyes. He looked at Mello, “You got a reprieve, boy. I'm not calling you by your name until you show me you've earned it. In my eyes, you aren't a man at all.” The hunter's voice grew soft, “Come on, Near. Let's go for that walk.”

The two headed out back towards a rocky trail up the mountain, Dean stopping to grab a shotgun, shells, and a knife, handing a shotgun and knife to Near also.

Mello was about to retort but was cut off by an incredibly icy look from L. Near said nothing, taking the weapons and tucking them away appropriately. He slipped on the white shoes, following the other.

Dean found a rock outcropping and climbed up, looking to see if the teen needed help, but Near seemed to have no problem He sat down and looked out over the the mountain slopes below them. To the right, through some trees, he saw a dirt road, and the cabin was to the left amongst rocky boulders and trees. Near sat next to him.

Dean looked at the boy. “You know, I can understand better then most about not wanting things to be different because it makes me feel unstable like something's not right. I live that way most of my life and it causes a lot of pain and loss. I can really understand the need to feel stable and safe. A couple of years ago, a demon named Azazel killed my mom. Things went to hell in a basket after that. I was four years old. My life was never the same. Insecurity, feeling unstable, and being overburdened with responsibilities has been my life ever since. I don't want that for anybody, Near.”

Dean swung his legs over the cropping and let his feet dangle. He looked up the at sun as it went past its zenith. He swallowed. “There was another demon, named Meg, who was trying to separate us. It all has to do with my brother. She possessed him and was using him to kill hunters. He thought he'd killed me but I caught him. We got into a couple of really nasty fights before we got her out of him. Bobby gave us a couple of these amulets and said they would prevent it happening again. Sam and I, we went and got them tattooed on our chests.” Dean pulled up his t-shirt and showed Near the black tattoo. “This is not something that I really wanted to have on my body for the rest of my life, but it was for safety and sanity, so I did it. What I gave you is only for a short while and it is a weapon that you wear. Like everything else you keep around you to feel stable and sane, do the same with it. Evil things have a hard time with it...demons can't deal with it at all. They can't enter you. I know it's not white and it's not what you feel comfortable with, but safety is part of stability and sanity. We'll sit here and be quiet and let you think on that.”

The quiet surrounded both of them as Dean finally lay on his back and watched the clouds going by overhead and let the young man consider what he had said.

Near broke the silence. "Near knows nothing about Near's father, only that Near's mother was a drug addict who gave birth to a premature albino baby. Near was handed from foster home to foster home as most people were unprepared for Near's intelligence or behaviors. Finally, Watari found Near and brought Near to a safe place where Near could learn." Large gray eyes turned to Dean for a moment. "Near is autistic and does not understand emotions. This frustrates the others. Mello especially. Change does not come easily for Near nor does other things. This is difficult for many to understand. Yet Watari and L have and do not mind."

Dean had tears in his eyes as he looked up at the boy. “I don't mind that, Near. You are smart, very much so, but you have qualities about you that show how you can see inside a person and you ask questions that make a person think about themselves and why they do things. I like you, Near. I can't help being protective of you when Mello starts that crap. I can't help it. I'm not gonna let him do it. Okay?

My story is different then yours, but in some ways it's similar. Similar in that there was a childhood that had no love, no mother who would care about you. I grew up fast, and never got to be a kid. My Dad wanted soldiers to help him fight and find his revenge. Sammy's life is way different from mine, but like it in others. He's angry. Me, I hurt. So, having emotions isn't all it's cut out to be. It may make people feel uncomfortable, but I'm gonna tell you something. You be you, and who you want to be. Don't worry about them.”

His fingers played with the robot toy he'd brought with him. "Because Dean Winchester has emotions, it makes Dean Winchester more effective at what Dean Winchester does. Near will be an adequate L but not to the level that the current L is. L understands emotions better than Near."

“Then find those you trust who have emotions and understand them and they will complete you and make you more then adequate, Near.”

"That is the difficult part as trust is hard to come by." He seemed almost too old for his age.

“Yeah, it is.. I'm 31 years old, Near. I trust Sam, Bobby, Ellen, Jo, and, to an extent, Castiel. They're the only real friends I've got. Now, I'm not sure of Sammy, and that terrifies me. Trust is hard to find, but you never give up trying. You have Watari for the time being, and L. I know there are problems with Mello, but what about Matt?”

"Near has no friends," was the soft answer before he went on to answer the rest. "Matt is a follower for the most part. While Matt is highly intelligent, Matt prefers the games and computers to the rest of what Near, Mello, and Matt are being trained for. Matt and Mello are close..where Mello goes, Matt follows. There is a deep bond there that Near does not understand." He looked at Dean. "Sam Winchester was possibly misled. Sam Winchester's only fault here is being human in Sam Winchester's desire to avenge family. L and Watari will help Sam Winchester understand this and give Sam Winchester the tools needed to move forward."

“Near, I'm your friend, and I will try to be here for you as much as I possibly can. I'm a hunter and on the road, but if you need anything, you call me. You got your cell, cause here's my number. You call me any time you need me. If I can't get there because of a case, I will send someone I trust to help you, but you won't be alone. I promise. I'll be the friend you need.”

The gray eyes went wider. "Dean Winchester would truly be Near's friend?"

Dean sat up and held out a hand, “Yeah, Near, and your protector as much as I can be. I'll be your friend for life.”

He didn't smile but his eyes held a light to them they hadn't had previously. A small hand rested in the bigger man's hand before a white cell phone was handed to Dean. "If Dean Winchester will give Near Dean's phone, Near will put Near's contact information into it."

A black phone was slid into Near's smaller hand and both began putting their information into each other's phones. Dean added Bobby's and Sam's phones as second contacts under his information, along with who they were. He gave Near back his phone, a gentleness in his eyes, and the laugh lines showing.

There were two phone numbers, plus a personal email address that had been put onto Dean's phone.

“I can use a computer for research, but I will get me an email address and we can send each other messages that way. I'll learn all about it, I promise. Come on, let's head back before it gets any later. You know about cleaning firearms as well using them? Sharpening blades? It's a good skill to have along with everything else you're learning.”

"Near's lessons in martial arts have taught Near about using bladed weapons. Near was also taught how to use and care for fire arms. Not that Near is fond of using them."

“All I've ever done is hunt monsters.. What I really would like to do is find a nice town to live in, open up a garage and be a mechanic, or even better, become the fireman I always wanted to be. I want to mow a lawn, plant a garden, and have the upkeep of a house to worry about. I'd like a wife and kids. It's what I want, Near. Whether I'll ever see it, I don't know. You seem to be proficient in a lot of things. Can you box, or fist fight if it became necessary?”

"Near has learned kung fu and can use it for self defense."

“Well, whatever you do, be a master at it, but always know a little bit more. I knew a sensei who taught tae kwan do. He also taught his people to box and grapple. He said it's never enough. That's for you to decide, though. You know what you need more then anyone.”

Dean got up and waited for Near. He'd thought about offering a hand but felt that Near might be not like that, so he waited.

The white haired teen rose. "Near is too small for those but has become effective with this style."

“Well, my friend, hopefully, they have a network going. We have to pinpoint the lair. You up to that? I imagine you are probably the best of the three with that.” Dean grinned as they headed back down the trail.

Near followed alongside. "Near will guide Mello, L, and Dean Winchester as best as Near can. With Near and Matt on the case, success will be given."

“You know what, Near? I believe you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment