Jensenfan1978's playlist


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Supernatural Death Note Chapter 7

Authors: Lady Laran and Tisha Wyman Warnings: Bad language, violence, and some sex. Spoilers: My favorite show is Supernatural. Anyone who knows me will say I am almost obsessed, unless they happen to be Laran, who knows I am. Laran loves Death Note. We both love to write. Never in our wildest dreams did we ever think we'd be writing an alternate universe/crossover between the two. What started as a several chapter story has turned into a novel The story had a life of its own. This saga begins towards the end of season 4 and before L truly got involved with the Death Note. This is a story of healing, family,friendship, humor, and horror. We do not own either show or its characters, but I'd take Dean in a heartbeat. We make no money from them. Thank you for reading. Comments are highly appreciated.

Castiel's Rescue

Dean walked with Watari and headed to the table where they had eaten and began to clear it.

Near had slipped out after Watari had given the message to begin his own daily work out. The older man went to the table and began stacking dishes on the serving cart. "Mornings can be busy here. L insists that at least an hour a day is given for them for exercise. Mello is the most active of the three but with the amount of cases they go through a day, sometimes movement is curtailed."

“Yeah, they need to keep active as much as possible. It's important. Does the cart go downstairs to the kitchen? If you'll tell me where, I'll take it on down.”

"Just in the hallway beside the door. The hotel staff will pick it up."

Dean moved the cart outside into the hallway, stopped and looked both directions, feeling uneasy. He stepped back inside. It didn't feel like Ruby. Did the creatures know about hunters? Worse, did they know that hunters were here or were they after the team? It didn't feel right.

L, rubbing his hair with a towel, stepped out of a room, dressed in his usual long sleeved white shirt and jeans. "What is it?"

“Something's not right, and I'm trying to figure out what it is. Give me a minute to think.” Dean paced, went back out into the hall and stood in silence. Silence? He ran back inside and locked the door.

“Okay, you got other guests here? I mean, this is a full working hotel, right?”

L frowned. "I am unsure as to the guest population. I can have someone find out."

“No one leaves here until we figure out why a hotel should sound like like a graveyard at midnight. There's no sound out there. Nothing. No voices, no sounds of footsteps, no elevators,....nothing, L. There's at least cooks, maids, waiters, bellhops...hotel staff.”

The detective turned on his feet, pulling Dean further into the suite. "Matt, check the registry of the hotel. I need to know how many staff members are employed and how many guests are checked in currently. Mello, pull Near, check the other hotels and motels in this town. Ascertain if all is well. Once the three of you are done, hack the databases and send incoming visitors away."

The hunter turned towards the detective. “Okay, now how many people knew you were coming,and how many knew Sam and I were coming? Also, who knew it was this hotel?”

"None barring the agency that asked for my assistance. We are checked in under false credentials. Same as the suite that was booked for you and your brother." L sat at his desk chair, fingers blazing over the keyboard while the boys scrambled to follow their mentor's orders. "As far as the hotel, I change hotels every so often. I operate from the shadows, Dean. You are the first outsider to know who I am and what I look like."

“The agency that asked for help, does it have offices here?”

"No. The local office for that one is four major cities over."

Mello looked at Dean. "How do you know if that demon chick didn't tip someone off?"

“She has some use for Sam, so she's not gonna hurt him. If she sent them here, how's he gonna be protected? I can't imagine them sinking low enough to deal with a demon. What the hell could she have told them to bring them out in the open in broad daylight?”

"Birds of a feather flock together," Matt muttered, hands flying over the keyboards of two different laptops. "If she wants your brother, she'll find a way to get to him. Now she knows that we know what she's been giving him, she'll know that you'll want him out of her sphere of influence."

“So, she sold me to them in exchange for Sammy? I don't buy that. I planned on spreading a few lies around to make her come after me, but Ruby's got nothing on me worth making them take this risk. Damn it, we're not ready. We don't know where the lair is and we're not armed with the only weapon that can hurt them. We have two machetes.”

The goggle wearing teen nodded, still focusing on his tasks. "I'm in! I've gotten into the hotel's security system. I'm dumping the feed remotely onto your laptop, L."

Dean stood looking over L's shoulder, muttering under his breath, “Damn it, Cas. Where the hell are you when we need you?”

L cycled through the cameras, waving Mello and Near to their stations to get to work.

Dean remained quiet, waiting on the experts for this. No one heard the soft fluttering of wings. Castiel stood standing right behind Dean. If the hunter turned, he'd be nose to nose with the angel.

There was the sound of a gun being cocked and the blond was on his feet. "Who are you and how did you get in here?"

The gun went flying from the hand that held it and hit a wall. “We do not have time for this. Dean, do you have any idea why these creatures have come out into the open and are hunting you? Where is Sam? Who are these people?”

L answered the new arrival quietly. "Sam is under my protection and care until his health issues are taken care of. We suspect it is due to the influence of one demon named Ruby but not enough evidence to support that. You may call me Ryuuzaki if you so desire. I suppose you must be the one named Castiel?"

“If Ruby is involved in Sam's health problems, it must be blood addiction. She would use the blood to try to boost his powers, but they do not work that way. It is psychological, Dean. Ruby must want Sam badly. Why, Dean?” Castiel turned to the detective. “Why do humans feel the need to use fake names and titles. Which name or title do you prefer, detective, Ryuuzaki or L?”

The slender detective didn't even flinch. "For my own protection and that of my heirs, Castiel. She did admit publicly that his addiction was to demon blood. Watari has been working with him in the drying out process and both he and I will aid in ensuring he stays off of it once he leaves my protection." Dark eyes looked blandly into those of the angel. "I can only assume the demon sent creatures here to regain control over him. As to why...again, I can only assume you and /or your superiors would know the answer to that."

“The creatures were created millenia ago by Lucifer to be his servants. His hatred of humans caused their creation. They would look for those who are a threat to their master and destroy them ,but there has been no serious enemy in centuries.” Castiel turned towards the hunter, “until you, Dean. First, Sam is needed for some purpose we do not understand at this time, and you prevent their use of him. The most important threat is that you ARE the one who will destroy Lucifer. I have not been told how, Dean, but it is known that the righteous man who sheds blood in hell is the only one who can stop the end of the world. Dean, you are that man, and running from it is going to get a lot of people killed. They have come for you. I am assuming that you had a plan that has been circumvented by Ruby. Everyone has 10 minutes to get what they need. We are leaving. Prepare Sam.”

Mello was the one who broke the silence. "I call bullshit."

The angel turned towards the teen and raised his arm, hand outstretched and the boy disappeared. Castiel turned and said, If he needed anything, I suggest you gather it quickly. You now have eight minutes.”

L set the laptop aside and stared at the angel. "You will return him..now."

“You will all get ready, NOW. Or, you will be leaving here without whatever you deem necessary to fight this battle. You now have seven minutes.”

“Damn it, Cas, you can't come in here like this and do this!”

“Dean Winchester, I am a servant of God and I can do whatever I deem necessary. You have six minutes. I suggest all of you be prepared. You will be traveling like your companion."

“Cas, I need the car!”

“It will be there, Dean. Five minutes.”

Dean took one look and began packing his duffel, quickly.

Watari stared at newcomer as the others began packing. They had this down to an art form "Where is the boy?"

“He is safe, where you will be in four minutes. Dean, get Sam ready.”

Dean looked at Cas, in anger. “We are damn well gonna deal with this, Cas. I promise you that. You can't come in here and order people around.”

“You are God's creation, Dean. I can do exactly what I am doing with what is his.”

“I belong to no one, Cas. I told you that before. Where is he? If he wants me, tell him to face me, then.”

“Two minutes, Dean.”

The hunter headed to his brother's room, grabbing the laptop and duffel to put his things in. He had a panicked look on his face.

Luggage was standing beside the two heirs. “Mello is going to throw a huge bitch fit." L shook his head. "Rightly so."

In seconds, they were standing outside a large cabin out in the mountains that were fifty miles away from the city. The Impala was parked out front. Dean sat on the ground and was retching, muttering how the transfers made him sick.

A blond streak came running towards them, skidding to a halt in front of the angel. "You are an asshole."

“I was created by God, so there was no interbreeding with donkeys on anyone's part.”

"Really?" L held up a hand, cutting the blond's rant off immediately. "Matt, Near, Mello, assist Watari with the living arrangements and getting Sam comfortable. He will be reaching a difficult time soon." The boys immediately obeyed and the detective stared at the angel. "Castiel, was it?"

“That is my name. I will need a list of everything you will need. Dean, besides machetes, what else will be required by you? I know how to destroy them. Who is the victim?”

"I have fault in your logic and the logic of your race." His voice was the usual flat tones as he fished a lollipop out of his pockets, unwrapping it and popping it into his mouth.

“I do not understand why the demons and the angels believe a Winchester is important. I am striving to find out but it is being kept a deep secret at this time. I would like to question Ruby but she does not need to know where you are.”

"The Winchesters aren't. Mello is correct. Your superiors are feeding you lies and nonsense. Humans do not have the power or strength necessary to fight the battles that your kind face. I believe it is more of a need for transference...shift the blame onto someone else."

“The blame will fall where it will fall. My job is to protect Dean Winchester. I pulled him out of hell after we battled to enter it. Lucifer is not there. He is trapped somewhere. The seals being broken will lead to his release. Dean must stop it or face him later. It would be easier to kill Sam Winchester because he will be used for evil in this at some point, but I can not do that and not hurt Dean. I will not do that.”

“Kill Sam? Like hell, you bastards will! I'd die for him, Cas, and you know it.”

“Dying would serve no purpose, Dean. It would only put Sam back into Ruby's grip.”

L broke into the argument. "One could argue that the angels could have stopped this before Dean went to hell, thus keeping these seals intact. One could also argue that a human cannot kill this so-called being named Lucifer. Is it not in the literary work called the Bible that an angel named Michael threw him out of heaven?"

"Yep," Mello chimed as he came out of the cabin.

"So it stands to reason the Winchesters are not as important as your kind believe they are. I would suggest doing actual detective work instead of blindly following orders and putting innocents at risk."

“I have doubts, L, which is why I am protecting Dean Winchester and not allowing Sam to be harmed. Things are not right, but I do believe the angels think that Dean is the only answer. I do not know why, but I intend to find out. There are angels who have the answers who are fallen but it is a great risk. Any angel who is in contact with them becomes one of them. I have to know beyond a doubt that they are right before I do this.”

“You will all be safe here. I have hidden the cabin from prying eyes. It can not be seen. I need lists of what is needed.Whenever you are ready.”


No comments:

Post a Comment