Jensenfan1978's playlist


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Supernatural Death Note Chapter 105

Lady Laran and Tisha Wyman Warnings: Bad language, violence, and some sex. Spoilers: My favorite show is Supernatural. Anyone who knows me will say I am almost obsessed, unless they happen to be Laran, who knows I am. Laran loves Death Note. We both love to write. Never in our wildest dreams did we ever think we'd be writing an alternate universe/crossover between the two. What started as a several chapter story has turned into a novel. The story had a life of its own. This saga begins towards the end of season 4 and before L truly got involved with the Death Note. This is a story of healing, family,friendship, humor, and horror. We do not own either show or its characters, but I'd take Dean in a heartbeat. We make no money from them. Thank you for reading. Comments are highly appreciated.

Dean's Problems

The meal passed as it usually did, lively and full of chatter as they shared the food and anticipation of the trip they were about to go on.

Dean rose from the table, not having eaten much. He leaned over and kissed Lisa and ruffled Ben’s hair. Picking up his dishes, he scraped off what he didn’t eat, rinsed them, and placed them in the dishwasher.

“I’m heading over to pack my stuff. What all do you want packed for Ben, Lis? I’ll leave yours for you. I’m not getting yelled at for forgetting something.”

Sam knew his were packed. He thought about Dean’s mess up about the reservations for a restaurant, remembering everything his brother had been trying to do on too little sleep. Grinning, he said, “Mind if I join you, Dean.” Bobby winked at his younger son, nodding approval.

Dean stopped for a second and stared at both men. Sudden comprehension showed in the hazel eyes, his lips pursed for just a second before he nodded yes.

Sam put something together and then headed out of the trailer with Dean, handing him a healthy sandwich. "Eat that, ok? We'll get things taken care of."

Dean looked at the sandwich and sighed. “Are you telling me I didn’t eat enough, Sam? I know how to pack.” He stopped and stared at his tall brother, who had a habit of appearing a lot bigger than usual of late. “Because I messed up the dinner and stuff?”

"Dean, you barely ate three bites before getting up. And no, it isn't because you almost messed things up. You didn't sleep much last night and working hard beforehand. I just want to help to make sure everything goes all right," he pointed out.

“Yeah, you’re right, Sam. I need to go through Lis’ jewelry. I haven’t been able to find a sneaky way to get a ring size. I’m buying one today.”

"Check that while I get your stuff together first before Ben's, ok? And eat first!" He poked him playfully.
Dean sat on the porch steps and ate his sandwich, knowing his brother watched to make sure he didn’t wolf it down. Lisa had been adamant about that. After the last bite, he stood up and headed into the house. He went through the chest of drawers until he found her jewelry case. Lisa didn’t have many pieces of jewelry. What she did have, her parents had bought her. He wanted her to have a something she deserved to have and it had to come from him. He planned to buy her ring and than something really nice for Christmas. His wife should have nice things and they should not have come from her parents.

Sam went through his brother's belongings, packing nice clothes to shop in as well as for the restaurant. Everything the man would need for this venture.

Dean headed to his son’s room and put together what the boy would need for the next few days. He met his brother in the living room. Sam had a suitcase and a suit bag in his hands. Dean’s eyes widened. “We got suitcases? When the hell did we get those, and where have they been hiding?

"You can thank Lisa for that," he laughed. "I found them on a shelf in your closet actually. You're not gonna be able to shop at the store you want to in jeans, so I packed something nicer to wear so the sales people will take you seriously."

“Really? Aw, damn it, Sam. I’m gonna have to deal with snobs? I hate that. I hope they’ll take me seriously. I’m not...what’s the word? Couth? Hell I don’t k now. I’m just me Will they even let me look at one?”

"Go in there without looking nervous, be confident and polite, and they'll have no problems with you. Did you want me to go with you?"

“You know I’ll end up acting like I did with Sarah’s dad. Cocky, that’s what Sarah told me a while back when she mentioned it. Cocky? If they don’t look down their noses, Sam, I can do what you said, but hell...Would you mind?”

"I packed for the occasion, just in case," he said with a smile.

Sam found the look of relief on his brother’s face almost comical. Dean had never been raised to know how to act with the upper crust. Servants and people who dealt with the wealthy were worse... sometimes worse than the wealthy themselves. Dean, being Dean, would hide behind an attitude.

At this time Lisa and Ben entered. Ben ran to his room for some toys and a book.. The men watched Dean’s future wife head towards their bedroom and shut the door. Sam saw his brother smile the smile that few ever saw. It was soft and gentle and so unlike the Dean most people knew. He grinned, glad that a woman finally brought it out of him.

"Let's get these loaded up so we'll know how to plot out trunk space for the cars," he told him.

Dean picked up his son’s suitcase, noting that Ben had placed the toys and book in a satchel to be packed also. Smiling, he grabbed the satchel and suitcase and headed out the door, Sam behind him with the two items that were Dean’s.

They loaded the car and Sam went to get his and Sarah's cases to pack as well. Lisa showed with a suitcase, a bag for the dress, and a makeup case. Dean looked at all of that and than at the woman who handed them to him.

“Women really do need this much?” He stared at Lisa and Sarah who had come out behind Sam, realizing he’d said the wrong thing. Turning red, he started grabbing the luggage and arranging things so the bags were on top and less likely to get crushed.

Sam bit his lip, trying not to laugh at the reactions from the ladies. Dean was going to get himself into major trouble.

Dean had the luggage arranged, shut the trunk hood and turned towards Sam, talking low, “Exactly how much crap do they put on their faces, Sam? I never noticed Lis having a case full before.” Turning, Dean noticed Sarah standing right behind him. “Sam had not turned around yet, because he was watching Ben and Bobby semi wrestling by Bobby’s truck. He heard his brother groan, “Oh, god, I’m dead.” Dean was as white as a ghost and Sarah was redder than Dean had been earlier.

He caught it and snickered. "I think I'm going to get the cooler," he said. They'd planned a picnic lunch to save on expenses and to keep things healthy. Dean grabbed his arm, a panicky voice saying, “Like hell you are. I’ll go get it. Give people time to calm down.”

"All right, Dean, go for it."

Sam watched his brother plaster a very fake smile on a worried face and turn to face not one, but two women. Lisa decided he needed a lesson, so stood beside Sarah.

“If you ladies would excuse me?”

The younger brother bit back a snicker as the two didn't move, and he leaned against the car. He loved his big brother but Dean could do the dumbest things sometimes.
Bobby leaned down, whispering in Ben's ears. "This is why you never say anything about how much makeup and clothes a lady packs. Got me?"

Ben looked up and nodded, watching his dad dig himself in deeper.

“Aw, come on! Guys don’t need that damn much. I can understand a small case, but those things could hold the crown jewels, and I’m not talking mine or Sam’s.” Dean stared at both women and winced. “MAN!”

Sam and Bobby started cracking up then, watching him get himself into more trouble. This was a definite fun thing for them to watch.

Dean licked his bottom lip, and tried to think of a way out, finding none. He turned to his brother and saw how he and Bobby were enjoying this. “I’m in deep shit, huh?”

"Hip deep, Dean, and sinking fast."
“Oh HELL!” Dean had the look of someone facing a rope at a hanging tree. “Really?”

Sam watched his brother turn even whiter than he was. Sam swore that what tan his brother had was gone and he could probably count the freckles on him if he the inclination.

Dean suddenly relaxed towards both of the angry women in front of him and stood looking facing them.

"Yup, big brother, that you are." He leaned back to watch the show.

“I’ve never been anywhere with a woman where she would need anything near what would be in those cases. Okay? I mean, damn it, Lis, where you been hiding it all?”

Sam heard Bobby whistle quietly.

"Sinking, Dean, sinking faster," he called out.

“Maybe I am, Sam. Lisa and Sarah are the most beautiful women in the world, man. I can’t understand why women as beautiful as they are would need even one half of what would be in those cases. They’re beautiful, Sammy.” Dean turned back to be face to face with both women if he looked down. He did. “I don’t understand. You’re both beautiful. Why cover it all up?”

That wasn't exactly a lot to push the anger aside, Sam knew. It was still showing a bit of a lack of appreciation for the hard work they put into looking good for them.

“Are you telling me, by not talking, that it takes all of that to look like you ain’t wearing any?

Bobby leaned down, “Hey, Ben, let’s go get that cooler.”

Ben frowned, “Can’t I watch. Dad’s saying all the wrong stuff and it’s funny.”

"I don't think you want to watch the bloodbath that will follow, squirt, so let's get the cooler. Ladies, I think he gets at least partial credit for trying. Just remember, he learned everything pretty much on his own."

Sarah stared at Bobby and than back at Dean. “Than he’s not the lady’s man like the reputation that preceded him?”

Dean grew angry, “Now that’s a low blow, Sarah. You and I have never had sex, so you sure as hell don’t know what I’m like. I can see your face from here. Big difference.” Sam groaned, and Bobby dragged Ben off.

Sam sighed. "Enough..Ok? He made a mistake, ladies..I know..but no fighting please."

Dean turned to walk off and ran into his brother. He looked up into amused eyes, and turned white again. “Just let me walk away, Sam. Okay? I got to think here.”

He squeezed Dean's shoulder, telling him without words that he was there for him if he needed it. Dean nodded and turned to leave.

He froze when Lisa said his name. Bowing his head, Dean Winchester waited. “What happened here, Dean.”

“Lis, I’ve spent years of one nighters. I never paid any attention to a woman’s bathroom. Hell, I never really got to many women’s bedrooms. Okay? You don’t keep all this stuff out where I’d be use to it. Neither of you has ever looked like you were wearing a ton of stuff. Ah damn, I’ve done it again. I haven’t been chasing women since you came back into my life, Lis. I’ve lost that kind of touch, but I don’t want to say anything that would hurt you. I joked when I shouldn’t have. I’m sorry.”

Lisa sighed, going to him to hug him. "I think our joke went too far too, love. I'm sorry and apology accepted."

Dean looked shocked. “Wh..wh..what joke?”

"Acting angry when you made all those funny comments," she said. "A lot of women will do what we did to make their guys squirm."

“I was squirming, Lis. It was intentional? You weren’t angry? I couldn’t think of a damn thing I could say to that back there. I joked because it didn’t make sense to me. I blew it. I know, but I was really scared I’d ruined this weekend with you. Damn it, Lis.”





No comments:

Post a Comment