Jensenfan1978's playlist


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Supernatural Death Note Chapter 111

Lady Laran and Tisha Wyman Warnings: Bad language, violence, and some sex. Spoilers: My favorite show is Supernatural. Anyone who knows me will say I am almost obsessed, unless they happen to be Laran, who knows I am. Laran loves Death Note. We both love to write. Never in our wildest dreams did we ever think we'd be writing an alternate universe/crossover between the two. What started as a several chapter story has turned into a novel. The story had a life of its own. This saga begins towards the end of season 4 andbefore L truly got involved with the Death Note. This is a story of healing, family,friendship, humor, and horror. We do not own either show or its characters, but I'd take Dean in a heartbeat. We make no money from them. Thank you for reading. Comments are highly appreciated.

The Jewelers

“Yeah, it’s gotta be right for ya’ll.” Dean got out and headed towards the door. He stopped, closed his eyes, took a deep breath, and grabbed the door knob.

Sam locked up the car and fell into step beside his brother. "Let's do it."

Dean quietly said, “Yeah,” as they entered the building The rooms were elegant and very posh. The older Winchester felt as if he’d entered an alien land. He stood there looking around

A young man in an elegant suit, with watch fob, came forward and asked if he could be of assistance. Dean’s eyes grew wide as he looked at the suit and the chain with the watch part way in the pocket of the man’s vest. HIs mouth opened a couple of times. Sam and the jeweler watched the hazel eyes close.

Sam started to ask the over dressed man about rings, when Dean’s hand touched his arm.

“It’s okay, Sam. I need to see wedding sets....three piece in either white gold or platinum.”

"Of course, sir, please follow me and take a seat. Is there a particular style that you are looking for?"

“I’ll know it when I see it.”

The salesman nodded, pulling chairs out for them. "I shall be right back."

The man returned with some very pretty rings with extremely small stones in them. Dean looked at them and picked up an engagement ring so he could the stone in it.

“What are these?”

The man looked at the car and back at Dean. “I assumed these would be suitable, sir. The prices should be right.”

Dean had seen the looks. “What?”

Sam leaned back in his seat. "Sir, I do believe a manager would be better suited to attend to our needs. Just because the vehicle is old, does not mean it has low value, and I do not appreciate being treated in such a manner."

“He insulted my baby? Look, asshole, that car is a 1967 Chevy Impala, and she runs like a dream. She’s worth more in value than your vehicle probably costs. She’s a classic, and I rebuilt her. I drive her because I prefer her. That doesn’t mean I can’t afford your damn rings.”

At this point, the manager came running.

The younger brother explained the situation in terse terms and the manager shooed the salesman off, growling at him and telling the man that she would speak with him later. "My apologies, sirs, this is not how I train my employees to act with customers. Now, let me put these away and you can tell me what it is you're hoping to find."

“I want a three piece wedding set, in either platinum or white gold. The woman’s rings need to look like they belong together. I’d like them to look delicate..really feminine, The man’s ring can be plain. I don’t really care about it. At least $1000.. I’m only doing this once. It’s got to be right.”

Sam looked at his brother as the manager went to find what Dean was looking for. “Where’d you learn those words?”

“I asked Ms. Hemings. She always wears nice rings.”

The manager popped her head out from behind a counter. "Do you have a preference in stones?"

Dean looked up. The woman I am marrying is dark. I want a diamond on the engagement ring. If it has smaller stones around it like the band, I wouldn’t mind small diamonds and rubies.”

She nodded and disappeared again, coming back a short time later with several trays of rings. She took a seat on the other side of the table and set out the first tray.

Dean shook his head. “You don’t understand. I know, with the Yoga, she could probably beat the crap out of me, but she’s .....to me, she’s very much a lady. Delicate, gentle, and loving. It’s got to be all of that.”

"Just take a look, sir, I think I know what you're looking for." One of the sets was unique. The engagement ring portion was delicate, a single diamond solitaire in a beautiful white gold setting. The flanking wedding bands made up a gorgeous flower, almost a rose, using the diamond solitaire as a dewdrop once assembled on the ruby petals.

Sam saw tears in his brother’s eyes. Dean’s voice choked as he said, “Yes. that’s the one.”

"Ring size, sir?"

Dean reached into an interior pocket in his jacket and removed a small box in which was a very lovely sapphire ring, a gift from Lisa’s parents. This is the size.”

She did a quick measurement and smiled. "Perfect. I'll have this boxed up for you, sir. Would you like this ring cleaned while you're here?"

“That would be wonderful. I also need a man’s wedding ring in the same metal. I want a really nice jewelry set in emeralds for a Christmas gift for her. Earrings, necklace, bracelet, and a solitaire ring. I’d like a good quality of gold and stones. I would like the earrings and the necklace to be lacy.”

She sent the ring to be cleaned and put the other trays up after taking the wedding ring set out. "What type of work do you do, sir?"

“I am a professional hunter, I rebuild classic cars, and I do auto mechanic work, but I hope to design my own cars.”

"Given the physicality of your work, I would recommend titanium instead of gold or platinum, sir. This way you could work with the band on and not have to worry about sustaining damage to it," she said and Sam nodded, understanding the reasons. He knew his brother would want to keep it on.

“Okay, if I can really keep it on, how difficult is it to clean? I am in harsh chemicals sometimes. Will they hurt it?

She rose, getting some leaflets for him to look over. "Our more active customers, including chemists, use titanium instead of gold or platinum."

Dean read over the leaflets. The titanium looked like white gold. It was strong and could withstand the chemicals he worked with. He looked up, “May I see what you have? Is there any chance on that emerald set?”

"I'll take a look to see what we have while you look over the rings," the manager told him as she brought him several trays to look at.

Dean found a titanium ring with a small Celtic cross engraved on it. He smiled. “I’ll take this one.”

The manager sized his hand, then wrote the ticket up so far. Afterwards, she came back with sets of emerald jewelry
Dean looked at the jewelry and asked his brother for help. They found a matching filigreed necklace and earrings with emeralds, a marquis cut solitaire ring, and a filigreed bracelet with small emeralds throughout the filgree.

“I’ll take these. If you have an emerald case to put them all in, except the ring, I’d appreciate that.”

She smiled. "I'll have everything ready to go momentarily. Take a look around while I get your purchases together. Would you like the set gift wrapped?"

“Gift wrapping would be wonderful.” Dean stood up and stretched. He looked at the different displays and turned towards Sam. You wanna look? You might find a gift for Sarah”
“Sam nodded and started browsing while they were waiting for the wrapping, cleaning of Lisa's sapphire ring, as well as writing up the ticket for payment.

“I sure am glad Watari wasn’t joking when he said L paid large fees for working for him. I bet it’s gonna be at least 10 grand, Sam. I bet that guy in the fancy suit never does that again. He lost a big sale.”

"That manager is good, very friendly. More people need to be like her," he answered as he browsed through the display cases.

Dean leaned over a case and said, “Hey, Sam this is Irish jewlery with emeralds.”

He moved over towards it, spotting a beautiful charm bracelet. It only had a few Irish charms but would be something he could gift her on occasion to add to her bracelet over the years. "I like the bracelet for her," he said, still looking over the jewelry.

“We’ll let the manager know when she comes back.”

"Dean, you're going to call me crazy..but I think I found the perfect engagement gift for Sarah," he said, eyes on a specific piece of jewelry. "You know she's not fond of rings, right?"

“Right. Dean tried to look over Sam’s shoulder at a display.”

Sam pointed at a gorgeous locket. The chain for it was braided, rose and white gold. The locket was an oval one in rose gold with the claddagh symbol on the front in white gold. The heart between the hands was a gorgeously cut emerald. "What do you think of giving this to her when I do propose? After we're married, she can put her grandmother's ring on it when she's working."

“That’s a beautiful piece of jewelry, Sam. It's definitely her.”

"From what she told me, the ring is white gold so it'll blend when she keeps it with the locket," he said softly. "It's not traditional for proposing but she's not the traditional type of girl."

“What’s important, Sam, is she suits you. If that is her, than buy it. It’s perfect from what you’re saying.”

Dean kept walking and looking and that’s when he found the watch. HIs voice was awed when he called his brother, “Sam.”

He went to where his brother was. "What is it?”

There, on a piece of black velvet material, was a gold wrist watch. The watch face could not be seen. Dean had never seen a wrist watch where the face was covered like a pocket watch. On the lid of the watch was a western style engraving of a Colt 45. Dean stared, open eyed.

“I want to buy that for Bobby from you and me, Sam.,” said the hushed and awed voice.

"That's perfect for him," he said. "Maybe we should do more Christmas shopping while we're here."

“Yeah, that’s great idea. I think we should put the day Bobby adopted us and all three of our names on the inside of that watch. We have L, Watari, and the boys to buy for also.”

"Watari might be good to buy for here. The others, I think, will be a different store. This isn't really their thing."

"No, it isn't. We need video games and electronics for Matt, and maybe L, sporting goods for Mello, and puzzles for Near.

"Problem with video games is that we've no idea what he has and what he doesn't," Sam said, looking through the cases.

“True, but he likes music too, doesn’t he?”

"Yeah he does. I think I know some stuff that he may not have. I'll have to hit Amazon though cause it'll be a pain to find it in the normal music stores."

“Well, Thanksgiving isn’t here yet. We order faster delivery and we’ll have it on time.”

He nodded. "I can do the same for other gifts from me to other people if I don't find what I want this weekend." Sam paused, staring down at a pocket watch. It was beautifully crafted andsimple, perfect for the elderly gentleman who had done so much for them. "Dean? Look at this."

Dean came to stare at the watch.

"What do you think?"

“Watari? Yeah. It’s him.”

Sam added that to the list to be picked up. "Anything else?"

I can't think of anythign else right now. I'm pretty sure what I'm getting Sarah.

"What's that?"

“I’m having that sewing machine delivered on Monday. I thought a quilter would be good. You lay the quilt in the machine, and follow your pattern that’s on a little tray and the machine quilts for you.”

"We chose the attic upstairs for her craft room since it runs the length of the wing. I had the workers reinforce it and turn it into one giant studio," he said quietly. "She'll love that though she's more hands on."

“That’s a great idea. I wish I’d thought of it. The machine would fit well up there.”

"One portion for her painting, another for sewing..it works out. She'll have fun with it," he said with a laugh, picking out some bangles for the girls in various colored gold.

Dean thought for a moment. “They putting in air, eat,and ceiling fans?”

Sam nodded. "Yup, all taken care of."

“I’d like to buy Ben a good knife. I’m not sure how Lisa will feel about it.”

The manager returned with Dean’s purhases and the total. Dean smiled, handed her the watch for Bobby and the one for Watari.. The wristwatch needs an engraving. I know that takes time. May I pick it up tomorrow? Would you wrap these also? I think Sam may have some purchases.”

"I have the engraver on site if you wish to wait," she told him, writing up Sam's order as well as the engraving for inside the locket for Sarah.

“How long would it take?”

"For this order, under twenty minutes. I could give you both some tea or coffee while you wait," she offered.

“I would like a cup of...ummm...tea. Sam?”

"That'd be great, thank you." She smiled and slipped off to get them the tea and order the engraving. The woman returned a few moments later, handing them mugs of freshly brewed tea.

The lack of proper sleep was beginning to tell on Dean but he kept up the banter with Sam, and said he needed to go to the sewing store and order the sewing machine and quilting machine.

"I can do that if you want. You look tired," he told him.

“Lisa could go with you so it can be paid for, Sam. To be honest, I need a nap. Still need to figure the logistics of the pudding for two full bathtubs.”

Sam snickered at that. "No kidding. And not a problem, give her a heads up and you can hide these presents for us."

"I can do that."

"Okay," he grinned

Dean dialed Lisa and explained what was going on. He told her was tired and needed her to go with Sam and pay for the two items.





No comments:

Post a Comment