Jensenfan1978's playlist


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com

Friday, August 3, 2012

Snippets Seventy-Nine: John's Reaction



John Winchester spent the remainder of New Year’s Day packing.  Bobby tried to convince the man to let him have the boys.

“No, Bobby.  It’s my job to protect Sammy.  Dean seems to be failing at that.”

“That boy has bent over backwards protecting his brother, John!”

“He was salting a snowman with yellow, marble eyes, Bobby.”

“It proved something to that boy that he needed to see, John.  The snowman melted when the salt hit it.  Dean needed to know that this creature, whatever it is, can be destroyed. I think that someone or something led that boy to do that.”

Castiel, standing in the corner, whispered, ‘Me.  It was me.’

“Well that may be, but I’m taking  the boys away from here.  I need to get back to hunting and training Dean.”

“John, promise me you won’t let your son think he’s not capable of watching his brother.”

“No.  I’m not gonna do that, but I’m gonna drill it into him so deep, he’ll never shake it off.  Secrets are not a good thing, Bobby.”

“You have a new clue, John.”

“I should have known that two and half years ago.”

Bobby walked away, muttering, “What an ass.”

Castiel went looking for his charge.  Dean was sitting on the bed next to a napping Sammy.

“It’s okay, Sammy,” he whispered.  Dad doesn’t understand and he doesn’t know what I know.  I’ll keep you safe.  I promise.  I’d die for you, Sammy.  I love you and I believe in you.  I won’t let the man with the yellow eyes have you.”

The angel’s eyes widen and he all but sobbed, ‘Father!’  Heaven was silent.  Father knew the angel was already aware of this what his duty was.

No comments:

Post a Comment