Jensenfan1978's playlist


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com

Monday, November 8, 2010

Supernatural Death Note Chapter 76

Authors: Lady Laran and Tisha Wyman Warnings: Bad language, violence, and some sex. Spoilers: My favorite show is Supernatural. Anyone who knows me will say I am almost obsessed, unless they happen to be Laran, who knows I am. Laran loves Death Note. We both love to write. Never in our wildest dreams did we ever think we'd be writing an alternate universe/crossover between the two. What started as a several chapter story has turned into a novel The story had a life of its own. This saga begins towards the end of season 4 and before L truly got involved with the Death Note. This is a story of healing, family,friendship, humor, and horror. We do not own either show or its characters, but I'd take Dean in a heartbeat. We make no money from them. Thank you for reading. Comments are highly appreciated.

Aftermath

Everyone rushed to clean up so they could beat Dean to the big floor where Sam, Near, Ben, and the women were told all about the misadventures Dean had had.

Near was curled up on a seat, listening to the tale with a somewhat curious expression on his face. Sam, however, was cracking up.

Sarah looked surprised. “He stripped naked in a car wash? In front of a bunch of strangers?” She looked at Lisa. “Did you know he was like this?” Sarah was grinning when she asked.

Lisa was giggling. "I knew he could be brave but that is something I hadn't expected at all."

Sarah looked at Sam, wondering. “Lisa, I'd like to talk brothers with you sometime, if you wouldn't mind. Maybe this afternoon?”

"No problem," the woman answered softly.

She grinned at her after that.

“At that moment, Dean entered, cleaned up, hair combed, and clean shaven. Both women stared wide-eyed. He looked nice. Dean gave them one of his big smiles and Lisa almost trembled.

He stood there and stared at everyone, knowing he had to have been the topic of conversation. He was just too tired to egg it on at the moment. He walked over to the two women, leaned down and gave Lisa a gentle kiss. “I love you.” He went to check on Near, to make sure he was all right.

The teen was somewhat isolated from the others, not too far from L. "Dean has had a bit of an adventure," he murmured to the man.

Dean smiled, “Yeah, I guess I did. Are you okay? I wanted to apologize for this morning. I shouldn't have done that. I just wanted my two families to meet. It won't happen again, Near, until you say so.”

"Near is unused to such groups," he told him, looking into hazel eyes.

“I knew that. I was so excited I didn't think about it. I'm sorry.”

"Dean is right to feel excited. Dean's family has grown and Dean now has a child to raise. This is something for Dean to feel happy for."

“Near, that doesn't change anything between us. Do you understand that? I still think of you as mine. I still want that relationship with you.”

"Near understands," he answered softly.

Dean knelt down to where he was eye to eye, looking into the gray eyes. “I love you like a son, Near. I know you don't understand that, but you are important to me. You always will be. The only change is my family has grown larger. I hope, when you are ready, you will spend time with all of us. I still plan on us doing things together. We still have a steak house to visit, when L will let me.”

He nodded, large eyes meeting Dean's. "Indeed," he answered softly.

Dean gently pulled the teen into his arms and held him. “I love you, Near. Even if you don't understand, don't ever forget that.”

Near responded with a light hug as well. "Near has no intention of forgetting, Dean."

“Good, because I'll hold you to that and I'll remind quite often.” Dean started to get back up and found that it wasn't as easy as he thought it would be. He had overdone it. He sighed, put his hands on either side of Near's chair and pushed with all he had left and managed to get up. He winked at the teen and walked over to where the women were talking.

“Hey, Sam. Have you guys eaten lately? I thought we might go out into the gardens and eat lunch.” Sam had seen his difficulty in getting up and realized he'd have to take the lead in this. Dean needed a light meal and sleep desperately. He was still healing physically as far as rebuilding strength goes.

"No, we haven't. Lunch is waiting for us. I think Watari made seafood," Sam said, guiding everyone to head outside for the meal.

Dean grabbed Lisa's hand and walked behind the others a little slower then the rest. The day was catching up quickly and he was beginning to feel it and was fighting it with typical Winchester stubbornness.

The younger brother stayed on his other side so he could help if Dean's strength tried to give out.

The older hunter had not recognized what his brother was doing, but Lisa did. She started watching Dean also.

“Hey, we going to our favorite spot with the great chairs?”

"That's where Watari said he was going to set it up," Sam responded.

Dean grinned in answer. He was starting to hurt in his lower back and his ass from the fall. He figured he must have jerked something wrong when he landed. He just hadn't felt it before now. He was worried about telling anyone for fear that Watari would put a temporary hold on the trials. He felt more tired then he'd ever done been from hunting. He was frustrated and wanting to fight back against it. He was pretty sure if he tried that he'd be fighting everyone n the building.

"Where are you hurting," his brother asked him. He could see the difference in movement and knew his big brother had done something.

“I'll be fine, Sam. I either jarred or pulled something when I fell through that hole. Can't be anything more then muscle. I landed kinda funny. Wasn't expecting it, and that's my fault.”

"Long hot soak and stretches should help with it. I'll see if I can't find some deep heating rub to help too," he said, thinking of Missouri's ointment.

“Sam, does anyone else have to know? Watari will think it's a hundred times worse then it probably is. Okay? I just want to do this job. If they call a halt every time I'm tired, bruised, or pulled something, we'll be here for months training."

"I can say it's for me," Sam told him.

“Thanks, Sam.” Lisa stared at Sam in bewilderment. She mouthed behind Dean's back, “Why?”

He mouthed back at her. "Tell you later." She nodded and drew Dean into conversation about the hunt, and did he really strip naked in front of a group of strangers?

Dean laughed and said, “They shouldn't have been looking.”

Sam chuckled as they arrived at their location, finding food waiting for them.

Dean seated Lisa and sat next her. Sam and Sarah joined them. Ben had stayed inside when promised a game with Matt. Watari said he would see to it the boy ate. Dean had winced when he sat down, and Sara noticed this time.

“Dean, are you all right?”

Dean stared, looked at Sam, “Is it that noticeable?”

"You're moving stiffly and wincing in pain. Yeah, I'd say it's noticeable. We'll have Lisa help you with it if you don't want me to."

Dean shook his head, looked at Lisa and smiled, then turned to Sam. “No, I need you for this, Sammy. Lisa won't be strong enough to do any good. I really don't want to see another doctor or get put on muscle relaxers. They can make you sleepy if you have the wrong kind.”

Lisa frowned at him. "You think I don't know how to give massages?"

“From what I remember, you give damn good massages, but this is to relax someone. This is probably gonna hurt like hell, and it's got to be deep and powerful. I don't know if you can do that.”

"Ahh, I see. I guess Sam can help you then."

Dean winked at her, “You could come hold my hand and then help me relax afterward” Sam looked at her and mouthed No Sex.

"We'll see," she said with a laugh.

Dean's voice reached a low whisper as he leaned in towards her, “I can promise to make it worth your while.”

"Behave yourself," she teased.

Sam had to cover a grin due to the look on his brother's face.

Sarah shrugged, shaking her head. "Let's eat!"

“What are we having?” Dean asked as he watched Lisa and Sam remove covers.

"Seafood pasta Alfredo," Sam commented. "And it smells delicious."

“Sounds great.” Lisa handed her fiancee a plate and he sat back and tasted the pasta. His smile told it all.

Sam and Sarah began eating, obviously happy with the choice of food. Watari had definitely brought out something delicious as usual.

Dean enjoyed the food, but he was not eating a large amount. He was very tired and the pain was getting stronger. The hunter refused to let it beat him, so kept the conversation going. Sam, looking at his plate, thought that Watari would know in an instance that something was wrong. He said nothing to Dean about it. Sam hoped Watari would notice.

Lisa noticed and encouraged him to eat, wanting him to replenish the energy he had spent today.

Dean thanked her and said that he was just tired and all the exercise today had taken some of his hunger away.

"I know but you've lost energy, Dean, and need to replace it. Food will help." She didn't sound naggy but it was obvious she was concerned about him.

The man next to her just nodded and picked up his fork, trying to eat some more.

Lisa was watching him carefully.

Dean looked up and noticed her watching him. “I'm all right, Lisa. I hurt my back a little and bruised my ass. I'll be find. I just need Sam to rub the back and rest up a little. We probably won't go back in to finish the trial til tomorrow afternoon or the day after. I'll be okay.”

"True but that doesn't mean I don't worry," she said softly.

“I'm sorry you have too, but it's nice to know you care. I love you, Lisa.”

She smiled, kissing his cheek. "I love you too, Dean. Very much."

The group continued talking after the meal was done. Dean had leaned over and had his head on Lisa's shoulder, listening, sometimes making a comment, and struggling to stay awake. He was frustrated by the feeling because he thought he ought to be healed. Getting tired because he hadn't exercised enough was one thing, but still feeling sleepy was another.

She kissed the top of his head. "Finished eating, love?"

He smiled at the kiss and sighed. “Yeah, I tried to eat it all, but I'm just not real hungry. I was more thirsty, and I'm tired....physically tired.”

Sam noticed how his brother stressed physically. He knew Dean was hurting but acting like he wasn't, and he definitely knew that his brother still needed more rest then he was allowing himself. It would take his body a while to recoup what he had lost from the injuries. He knew he had to explain to Lisa why he had told Dean he would not tell Watari but say the ointment was for him. He shook his head.

"Let's go upstairs then and let you rest," she whispered to him. She wanted to help him get some sleep.

The head on her shoulder nodded. A soft whisper said, “Okay. Will you stay awhile?”

"If you want me to stay with you," she said, "I will."
“I'd like that very much. Thank you.”
Sam watching in surprise, not having seen this side of his brother before. Tenderness towards a woman was something Dean seldom showed.

She stood, offering her hand to him so they could go.

Taking Lisa's hand, the older hunter rose and put an arm around her waist, as they both started to head back towards the building. Dean softly said, “Talk to you guys later.”

Sam wondered again about his back and butt. If he wasn't noticing it now, he would later. Muscle injuries needed treatment, and would be more painful if not dealt with. Maybe Lisa planned on tending to him after all.

Sam went to talk to Watari, finding the ointment Missouri had given them, and then heading up to knock on Dean's door.

Lisa answered the door, letting Sam in. His brother was in a t shirt and boxers, half asleep on the bed.

"Hey Dean, I've got the ointment. I thought about using some of Watari's, but figured Missouri's would be better. Ready to get this done?"

Lisa told him to go ahead. Dean was on his stomach because he back hurt too much. She mentioned that his buttocks hurt badly too. He fell pretty hard. She walked over to the bed and crawled over onto the other side and leaned against the headboard, reaching out and taking her love's hand.

Sam warmed up the ointment before starting to work on Dean's painful areas.

Lisa pulled up Dean's shirt and lowered his boxers, when they both noticed bruises in both areas.

Sam expected them on his brother's ass but wasn't sure about the back.

"Dean, what the hell happened to get you so bruised up like this?"

“What? I was walking and fell into a hole and dropped about seven or eight feet, not expecting it. I fell on my ass. It hurt like hell. My back bruised too? I have no idea unless I hit something and didn't realize it. It happened pretty fast.”

"Yeah, bruising pretty good there."

“Is it safe to rub it? I didn't think I'd hit my back. Damn it, Sam, we don't tell anyone.”

"Unless you show signs of it being bad, I won't say anything. You have issues, I will report. Deal?"

“Deal. That's fair. I won't keep anything serious from Watari.”

"Good, is this any better?"

“Yeah. The muscles feel better but the bruises are gonna hurt.”

Lisa was fuming. “I don't understand this. Why are you hiding things? I thought hiding things was a part of the past now. You two had better explain it real good or I'm going to Watari, because I want the truth.”

"He's worried that Watari will postpone more of the group's training."

“I don't care if he postpones it or not, Dean's health is more important. You both ought to know better. I'm surprised at both of you.”

He looked at Dean to see what he would say on it.

Dean looked at his brother and then his future wife. He knew how important honesty in a relationship was supposed to be. His hazel eyes met her brown ones and he sighed.

“You're right, Lisa. I was hiding and it was wrong.” Reaching for his cell phone, he opened it and dialed Watari's number.

Watari answered the phone. "Yes?"

“Watari, I thought you ought to know that I was going to do something stupid and had dragged Sam into it. Lisa called me on it. I was wrong. I owe both of them and you an apology. hurt my ass and my back in the fall. Thought it was only muscle, but I must've hit the back. Both areas are bruised. It's pretty sore. Just wanted you to know. I hope you won't call off the rest of the trial.”

"Can you move all right or are you experiencing any loss of sensation in your limbs?"

“I'm moving slow because it hurts, but there's no loss of sensation anywhere. Sam and Lisa are saying it's bruised up.”

"Ok, I'm sending one of the boys up with something to help with pain. Just soak and stretch it out the best you can."

“Thanks, Watari. Thanks for not running me through the ringer. It's what I deserved.”

"I'm glad you came clean to me with this. If you're in pain tomorrow, I'll call in some help."

“I'll be fine, Watari. I really don't like doctors.”

He chuckled. "I didn't say a doctor. Now get some sleep," he said softly.

Dean's had started scratching his head as he tried to figure out exactly who would come if not a doctor. He looked at the other two. “Who would he call in to help if it wasn't a doctor?”

"No idea," Sam answered. "Just get some rest. I'll check on you later," he said, ruffling his brother's hair.

Dean stared up at his younger brother, feeling almost a kid again. Sam never ruffled his hair. He smiled at the thought of his brother trying to be the protective one and thought it was nice in a odd way. Other then Bobby's brusque care and Ellen's over mothering at times, he'd never really felt protected by family before.

“Thanks, Sam. I mean that.” Dean watched his brother leave the room. He turned to Lisa sitting on the bed next to him. “He said to soak and stretch it. I guess I need to do that. You're the Yoga expert. Any ideas, or do you need to go keep an eye on Ben?”

"He's being entertained by Matt at the moment," she laughed. "Come on, let me teach you a few stretches to help with those areas."

Grinning, the hunter got off the bed, pulling his boxers up and t shirt down. He reached up for Lisa to help her get off, but she shook her head and jumped down.

She laughed, then started to show him a basic stretch. Dean worked with her for the next thirty to forty-five minutes, wincing at times, but struggling not to let out a sound. When they were done, he was sweating badly. He was still not up to par and both had forgotten his exhaustion which had finally reached a peak. He kept quiet about it, not wanting to concern Lisa over something he thought of as trivial.

“I need to soak, and I assume it's hot water. You want to join me?” He smiled as he asked.

She winked at him. "I just might at that."

Dean slowly got up off the floor and reached down to help Lisa get up. He turned towards the bathroom and the big tub with the whirlpool. He found some bath salts that foamed and made a hot bath, turning on the whirlpool. He got undressed and hopped into the tub and leaned back, closing his eyes, letting it ease his muscles. He was hoping he really would have company.

Lisa slid into the water after undressing as well, enjoying the heat and salts.

Dean felt her legs come up against his from the opposite end of the tub. He could stare at her without her knowing that his eyes were open. He kept his head back and looked down towards her. He waited to see what she might do or not do.

She reached out, taking his hand and holding it. "Feeling better?"

He had watched her sit up and reach across the tub to take his hand. He was disappointed that the bubbles covered her. He squeezed her hand. “I'm still sore, but it's manageable. I'll be fine. You make it better.”

"Good. We're not going to 'play' tonight, love. I just wanted to spend time with you. I'm glad the stretches and massage helped."

He sighed but appreciated what she meant. It had been a long time since that weekend. He'd never forgotten her, and it seemed she had not forgotten him. Ben was a good reason not too. They needed to be together without being together. He could deal with that. Smiling softly, he asked her, “You want to borrow a t-shirt?”

Lisa smiled at that. "I would like that."

“That would be nice. I'll wear the boxers and you wear the t-shirt. Do you have to leave, or are you staying?”

"I'm staying," she said quietly.

She heard the intake of breath, then a soft sigh, and a quiet “Thank you. I don't want to be away from you right now, but I was almost afraid to ask.”

"Don't be afraid to ask, Dean," she told him. "Asking for things isn't bad."

“It is if you thought I was asking for the wrong reasons. As much as I may want you, and I do, I need you more.”

Lisa looked at him. "Love, I'm not protected. I'll have to see a doctor about that first. Besides, we need to give Ben attention to help him adjust to having a daddy around."

“No, you don't understand. I do want you, Lisa, but I know there needs to be time. What I mean by needing, is just having you here, talking, holding you, and just being with you. I want and need the time with Ben also. It's got to be a shock for him.”

"I'll be here, Dean. I promise you that."

“I was going to ask if you would make staying the night a permanent thing, but I don't want to push. I'm grateful for tonight and the thought of just holding you all night long.”

She smiled. "I'll think on it and see how Ben feels about it."

“I don't want him jealous of me or thinking that I'm taking you away, Lisa. I've just lost so much time because of this job. I'll wait as long as you need me to.”

"That's why we have to work with him on this so he's comfortable with both of us together. I also want to start working you in as his father and taking the authority role with him," she told him.

“I'm not sure what you want in that aspect, Lisa. The only kid I've raised was Sammy, and I was a kid too. You'll have to tell me what's allowed and what's not. My dad was not the best role model for being a father.”

"You didn't do a bad job on Sam," Lisa pointed out. "Guide him in what's right and wrong. Help him grow."

“All right. I will, but Lisa, there's gonna be times when I do things with Near, and will want him doing things with us, when he's ready. I think of him as my own kid. Will that bother you?”

"No..but I do know that this Ryuuzaki seems protective of him. He may ask for you to come and visit him instead. I don't know."

“I mean, while we are here. If he happens to be in our area, than then. I may be called in on cases once in a while. It's good money working for L and Ryuuzaki said I will be needed at times. I will see him then too. We may talk on the phone, email each other,...that kind of thing. I promised him a meal in a real nice steak house. The kind that is quiet with just a few tables in each room. He is so nervous of crowds. I want him to experience things. I will be doing other things with Ben. “

"That's fine. The poor kid needs interaction," she said softly.

“Yeah, he does. I'm the first person outside of their established group that he's taken to. I don't want to lose that. It's a first for me...getting to help someone without it dealing with evil.”

“The water is starting to get cold. If you want to dry off and look in my duffel, there's t-shirts in it. If you would toss a pair of boxers in here, I'll dry off after you are out.”

Lisa smiled and stepped out of the tub, drying off and going to look for a t-shirt. A pair of boxers came flying into the bathroom.

Dean dried off, picked up the boxers and put them on. He headed into the bedroom and saw that Lisa was already in the bed and sitting on the side closest to the wall, waiting for him. She chuckled when he used both arms to push himself up and onto the bed. He grinned at her and commented, “I don't even want to know how you got up there.” He turned off the light, got under the covers, and pulled her close. He was soon fast asleep with an arm around her waist, her back up against his chest.

She drifted off to sleep a short time later.

Sometime, in the middle of the night, Ben snuck into Dean's room, seeing his mother in the arms of the man she had told him was his dad. He carefully pulled a chair over and climbed onto the bed. He carefully inched his way in between them, snuggling into Dean's arms so they were around both Ben and his Mom. In his exhaustion, Dean never felt it. If Lisa did, she said nothing. Dean slept on, with his family in his arms.

Lisa did, and smiled before drifting off to sleep again.

Lisa woke first and laid still waiting to see what would happen. Both of her men were sound asleep, Dean had a leg over both of them, Ben snuggled with his head under his dad's chin.

She bit back a giggle, wishing she had a camera for this.

She heard the door creak open and Sam stuck his head in to see if they were awake. He saw her move and an arm motion him to come over.

"Camera?" Her voice was almost too soft to be heard.

Sam pulled out his cell phone and took pictures from several different angles, smiled and mouthed 'later.' He quietly left, heading upstairs to have copies made for everyone.He wasn't sure how Dean would react to the photos, but he thought they were special.

Lisa grinned, cuddling into her loved ones.

Dean finally woke, an eye opening as he felt hair under his chin but the body didn't feel like the love his life. He didn't move but looked down with the one eye, seeing his son. Lisa could not see the grin on his face, but she felt him squeeze and pull in tighter. She knew, then, he was awake, and apparently, not upset over Ben being between them and in his arms more than she was.

Ben's mom was very pleased with that.

Dean lay there, contentment at a high in his life for the first time. He stayed still, keeping his breathing slow and even, no idea that Lisa was awake.
Watari softly knocked bringing in a cart with three trays. He'd seen the pictures Sam was having made.

"Come in," She called out quietly as not to disturb her family.

Dean realized that she was awake, but did not move or speak. Ben was still asleep and he had to have been up late. 'Gonna have to stop that,' he thought. 'Not good for kids.'

Watari entered with the cart and softly closed the door. He walked over to the end of the bed and looked at Dean and his family. To Watari, they already were. He hoped, when L saw the pictures, that L would finally understand the need Dean had.

Lisa smiled, sitting up carefully. "Thank you, Watari."

The hunter could not move without waking his son, so both Lisa and Watari heard a soft whisper, “Hey, What did you bring this time I'm gonna learn to like?”

Both looked at him in surprise. He smiled and winked and held his son closer, now that Lisa had moved.

Watari chuckled and told him that he'd brought french toast that had been made with healthy ingredients, eggs, and turkey bacon.

“That needs to be eaten while it's hot. Go eat, Lisa.”

Lisa grinned and expertly moved Ben, not waking the boy so his father could get up. "He'll be all right now. Come and eat with me."
Knowing Dean's clothing preferences, Watari smiled softly to see Lisa in the man's t-shirt and the hunter in boxers only. They held hands as they walked to the table, Dean grabbing the chair Ben had left beside the bed.

She took a seat, pouring herself some tea.

Watari told them he had others to take care of and would be back later for the trays.

Dean sat down, removed two lids for them. He watched Lisa pour him a cup of tea, and he smiled and thanked her. Looking back towards the bed, he turned towards Lisa. “What time did he happen? I never felt him.”

"About two thirty or so," She laughed.

He chuckled softly, then frowned slightly. “Don't you think that's awful late for him to be up?”

"It is but he isn't in school right now since it's break. I don't mind it as much as long as he is in bed reasonably on the nights before important things. It's a trade off we have."

Dean smiled, “Fair enough. I can live with that.”

"School nights..he's allowed Friday and Saturday night to be up late. He also knows he has to do his chores and reading after he gets up."
“Okay, if that's his routine, I'll go with it.”

"If you want it changed, we can talk about it."

“Lisa, my life was crazy. I never had a normal bedtime except when I was at Pastor Jim's or Bobby's. I tried to see to it that Sam did, but my job was different. Lots of times, I had to go out and do things I regret to take care of both of us. I have no idea what is a right or a wrong time for a nine year old. Sam was in bed by eight on school nights, unless there was a lot of homework. I helped him with it when he asked. I wouldn't know what to say about that, to be honest.”

"We'll talk about things like that and help you learn," she told him. "I trust you with him, Dean."

“I just don't want to make mistakes and hurt him in any way. I want things to be right between Ben and me. I've already missed so much.”

Lisa swallowed her bite and looked at him. "First things first. You're not going to be the perfect dad. I'm not the perfect mom. We're human..we make mistakes. Ben is a good boy and understands that."

Dean stared at her and nodded. He spoke softly, “I didn't have a good dad.” His voice broke a little when he said it. “Any way, unless Watari plans on another trial today, I'd like to do something, all of us. Ask Sam, Sarah, and Bobby. See if Near would like to come. If the weather is nice out, maybe a picnic.”

"It doesn't matter that you had a good dad or not. Your dad may have had a great father and look how he turned out.You love Ben?"

“Yeah, Lisa, I do. I have for a long time...even after you told me he wasn't mine. I knew he had to be. I loved him without knowing, not caring. \I claimed him as mine in my heart that day. He's my son.”

"That's all that matters. That you love him and communicate with us."

“Okay. I can do that, but, is it all right if I love you too?”

Lisa gave him a big smile. "You damn well better, mister, since you're stuck with me."

“I want you as my wife, so badly. It's got to be special though. I'm only doing this once. So, we wait til I take care of this. When it's over, I have something to show you. Sam and I have made plans, and we want you and Sarah right the middle of it. Unless you need a big church wedding, I know where I want to get married. I hope you will like the idea. That's for later though. I want to show it to you.”

She shook her head. "I'd be happy with a quick I do in front of a judge," she said with a grin. "Now eat before this meal gets cold."

“I don't want a judge. This happens only once. It's got to be right. Okay?”

"Just don't go overboard, OK?"

“That would all depend on whether you and Sarah like what Sam and I want to do.”

"All right, we'll give it a listen. Now are you going to eat or do I have to do what I do to Ben?" She was obviously teasing him now but wanting to take care of him.

Dean teased back, “What do you do to Ben? Would it entice me to eat?”

She cut a bite of the french toast, then held it to him. "Eat it or no dessert with dinner tonight, buster."

Unlike Ben, the hunter had a wisecrack answer. “That all depends on how good the dessert is.” He did take the bite, though.

"I happen to know his weakness and yours, mister," she grinned.

“I know he likes girls, but he likes apple pie?”

The grin grew bigger. "Two things: hot apple pie a la mode and hot apple pie with a bit of cheese."

“I've never really eaten pie with anything. Good that way?”

"It's delicious. I'll have to make it for you that way. Ben would eat the entire pie if I let him."

“Well, I'd love it, but it would have to be a special,once in a while treat, or there's low fat out there. Watari has a great pie recipe that I can have. I took too long healing, and I'm still not right with regaining my strength. I have been eating wrong and they changed my diet, if you look carefully at my meal here.”

"I'm glad he started teaching you how to eat healthy then," Lisa said.

“I thought it would be harder, but Watari is fantastic. He promised Sam and me that we could have the recipes. Sam likes this kind of food all the time. It's new for me, but I do like it.”

"It helps that I like it too," she said with a smile.

“I hope Ben will. You think we ought to wake him before this meal gets too cold for him to eat?”

She got up and went to the bed, gently tickling his foot. "Ben..breakfast."

Dean started eating his meal in earnest, while watching the scene that was behind him.

She kept tickling his foot gently. "Ben..wake up. Breakfast is ready."

The next thing Lisa knew, Dean was on the bed and tickling his son's rib cage. “Your mama said get up, Ben.” Ben started laughing and trying to get away but Dean had him pinned, tickling him. He finally picked the boy up over his shoulder and slid off the bed and carried him to the bathroom. “Do your thing in there, and come eat. Love you, Son.” The new dad returned to the table.

Lisa laughed at the 'Love you too' coming from the bathroom. Dean was definitely getting into this. The new father was finishing his breakfast when Ben exited the bathroom. He asked for another cup of tea, not planning on going anywhere until the boy had eaten.

She poured him a cup, then some milk for Ben as he climbed into his chair.

“Good morning. Sleep well?”

"Uh huh," he said happily, taking a bite of his food.

Dean smiled at him and watched him eat. He felt like he had to be dreaming, and it couldn't be real. He almost pinched himself.

Ben munched on his breakfast, making happy sounds at the taste of the food.

His father continued to watch and listen, a contented smile on his face.

Lisa was smiling as well, enjoying having her family together.

Dean still sitting in his boxers, didn't want to leave the table. This had been his dream for so many years. He didn't want to move or break whatever spell that surrounded him.

Finally the meal ended with Ben giving a very loud burp, then a sheepish 'excuse me.'

His father grinned and turned to Lisa. “I told Sammy that he was too much like me to not be mine.”

She giggled at that. "NO kidding. Now, we should get cleaned up and changed. See you in a little bit?"

“Yeah, I guess in the main room upstairs. I love you, hon.” Dean leaned over and gently caressed her lips with his. “In a little while.”

"Love you too," she kissed him back and then went to change and clean up, Ben behind her.

Dean watched them both go and headed to the shower.





No comments:

Post a Comment