Jensenfan1978's playlist


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com

Monday, November 8, 2010

Supernatural Death Note Chapter 77

Authors: Lady Laran and Tisha Wyman Warnings: Bad language, violence, and some sex. Spoilers: My favorite show is Supernatural. Anyone who knows me will say I am almost obsessed, unless they happen to be Laran, who knows I am. Laran loves Death Note. We both love to write. Never in our wildest dreams did we ever think we'd be writing an alternate universe/crossover between the two. What started as a several chapter story has turned into a novel The story had a life of its own. This saga begins towards the end of season 4 and before L truly got involved with the Death Note. This is a story of healing, family,friendship, humor, and horror. We do not own either show or its characters, but I'd take Dean in a heartbeat. We make no money from them. Thank you for reading. Comments are highly appreciated.

Interlude

The two cleaned up and met the others, talking softly as they waited for Dean.

Dean entered the room, scanning it, and seeing Watari, headed his direction.

“Hey, thank you for your advice last night. It helped. I'm still a little sore, but I figured I would be. It's better though. I wanted to ask. Would it be all right to have a big picnic in the garden? Everyone could come if they liked. I thought it would be good for us, as a family to spend some time together. It seemed like a good idea. I noticed you have a clear area on one side. We could play games there.”

The older man nodded. "Anything you would like to request for food?"

“Watari, the last time I was on a picnic was before Sam was born. I don't know. Maybe you could find out and fix us up right?”

He gave a gentle smile. "Did you wish to include Ryuuzaki and the boys?"

“At first, I thought just us, but no. You are all family. That includes you. If you have football, volleyball, and baseball equipment, it would be great.”

"I think I can arrange a few things. Relax and I'll have it ready in a few hours."

“Thanks, Watari. I am going to go talk to everyone and make sure they all come.” Dean was almost bouncing, heading towards the rest, noting that everyone was in the room.

He got to a good vantage point. “Hey! Everybody! Listen up!”

L looked up from his laptop, an eyebrow arching.

“In a few hours, we are going to have a major event....a no work day. A picnic is in the works. Watari is going to come up with whatever is considered picnic food. I asked him if he had any game equipment. He said he'd fix us up with some stuff. This is for everyone. We Winchesters consider L's group as family. This is a family picnic. I want to make it an annual thing for all of us. Ryuuzaki, boys, Watari? Will you join us? Sam? Sarah? Bobby?”

Matt and Mello grinned, obviously excited by the news. L shrugged slightly. "I will go to keep an eye on the boys."

Dean smiled, then looked at Near, hoping. He would not pressure him, especially in public.

Near nodded, telling him quietly that he would go. The hunter responded just as quietly with a soft “Thank you.” Another nod was given in quiet response.

Dean felt uncomfortable that Sam, Sarah, and Bobby had said nothing. He walked over to make sure he hadn't done anything wrong.

The three had been plotting something with Lisa and gave Dean an innocent grin when he came up to them. "The picnic and family day sounds good, Dean," Bobby pointed out.

Dean grinned. He was looking forward to real family fun. It was not something that he was used to but he wanted it badly.

Looking at the foursome, he was curious. He had noticed looks they were giving each other. “Am I an odd man out, here? I can go.”

"Nah, you're good," he grinned. "So sports too, huh?"

“Yeah. Sports ought to be a part of picnics. Doncha think?”

"True," he chuckled.

“I barely remember how to play those games. Mainly in gym, you know?”

"Well, who says we have to take it by all the rules," Sarah pointed out with a grin.

“True. You know, I keep getting the feeling that you'd like me to just go find someone to talk to? I think I will see what Ben and the boys are up to.”

"Probably wrecking havoc," she laughed.

Dean leaned in and kissed Lisa, then turned and headed towards the boys.

Matt and Mello were giving Ben a crash course in games, working patiently to help him as they played Halo together. The three were getting along well despite the age difference.

The hunter watched for a few minutes, then realized there was really nothing to do up here. He headed back to his room to get the Doyle book. He'd finished it a couple of days ago and wanted to find something else. He picked up the book and headed to the library.

Entering the library, he saw an urn and cups on a table, sniffing it, he thought it smelled citrusy. He poured himself a much needed hot drink. It smelled wonderful. Taking a sip, his eyes widened, and he smiled. Taking the cup with him, he put the Doyle book back where he'd gotten it. Glancing at shelves, he spied a book he had always wanted to read, but was not sure how to go about doing it and not being teased. He sighed, picked up the book, and found an alcove with a soft, padded chair and an ottoman. There was a small table beside it. He sat down, set his cup on the table, and opened Lewis Carroll, hoping he wasn't spotted.

There was actually another person in the room who had snuck in before Dean had left the group. Near was in a wing backed chair, curled up with a book.

Dean did not realize that he was not alone. Both the man and the teen were quietly enjoying a good read in private.

Watari came in a while later, smiling at Dean. "The preparations are ready."

“Fantastic, Watari! Does everyone know?” Watari wondered what Dean was reading that made him slip the book into the cushions on the chair, as if hiding it.

"They're waiting on you and Near, actually." He wasn't surprised when he heard the soft voice of his charge answer. "Near will come, Watari."

Dean's eyes grew wide and there was a look of panic on his face. “Near? I didn't know you were here. Did you come in after me?” Watari's curiosity was growing stronger. What was the boy reading?

"Near was here before Dean came in." He padded to the other. "Near saw what Dean was reading. Is the book good?"

Dean blushed a bright red, the eyes growing wider. “Yeah, it is actually. I've never read it before. I think I'll go put it in my room. I'll meet you upstairs with the others.” Watari thought he'd heard the hunter say “somewhere”, after he said my room. He watched a very embarrassed Winchester leave the library at a very fast pace for someone with a sore back. He looked at Near.

“What was he reading?”

"Alice in Wonderland," he answered quietly, then went to follow the other. "Dean?"

Thinking about the type of man Dean was, Watari could see the sensitive child in Dean wanting to read the book, but he could see the macho hunter being incredibly embarrassed if the others found out. He shook his head and smiled.

The elevator had not reached the library floor, so Near caught up with Dean.

Near looked up at the hunter. "Dean?"

Dean looked into gray eyes. “Yeah, Near?”

"Near has never read the book Dean is reading. May Near borrow it after Dean is finished?"

Dean turned red again. “Yeah, I'll give it to you as soon as I'm finished with it. It's got two books in it, actually. He wrote a sequel to Alice.” The elevator opened and both entered. “You coming with me or going on up?”

"Near will go with Dean. Why is Dean showing signs of embarrassment?"

Dean sighed. “This is the type of book that will get me all kinds of ribbing from Sam and the others if they know I'm reading it. It's something I always wanted to read as a kid but Dad would have killed me if he'd caught me reading it. I'm a man now, and that can make it just as bad. I like it so far and I really want to finish it, but I won't be able to if anyone finds out. I know you can keep a secret, so please, don't tell anyone.”

They got off on the third floor and Dean headed towards his room with Near. Entering, he looked for a place to hide the book. He finally slipped it under the mattress.

"Near will not speak of it."

“Thanks, Near.” They arrived at the top floor to find everyone ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment