Jensenfan1978's playlist


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Supernatural Death Note Chapter 100

Authors: Lady Laran and Tisha Wyman Warnings: Bad language, violence, and some sex. Spoilers: My favorite show is Supernatural. Anyone who knows me will say I am almost obsessed, unless they happen to be Laran, who knows I am. Laran loves Death Note. We both love to write. Never in our wildest dreams did we ever think we'd be writing an alternate universe/crossover between the two. What started as a several chapter story has turned into a novel. The story had a life of its own. This saga begins towards the end of season 4 and before L truly got involved with the Death Note. This is a story of healing, family,friendship, humor, and horror. We do not own either show or its characters, but I'd take Dean in a heartbeat. We make no money from them. Thank you for reading. Comments are highly appreciated.

Classic Cars

Dean pulled off the main highway and through a set a of iron gates. His brows raised as he looked at what lay before them.

It was a large property, obviously owned by wealthy people. Bobby shook his head. "I knew the kid's father...he loved to tinker with cars when he could."

"Why's he selling everything when they live like this? You said cars?"

"Yup..and you'll see why when you meet Jake," he answered. When the car stopped, Bobby went to the front door and knocked. Moments later, the door was opened by a young man with a golden retriever at his side. The dog was a service dog for the blind.

Bobby introduced Sam and Dean. Dean held his hand out and gently touched the young man's hand.

"Thanks for giving me a chance to look at the cars you have that need rebuilding."

"You're welcome, Mr. Winchester. I've known Uncle Bobby all my life. He and my dad hunted together at times. If you'll follow me, I'll show you where he kept them. Dad loved to tinker when he had the time," he said with a smile.

"Thank you. I used to hunt with Bobby, myself. What's your dad's name?"

"Thomas Finnegan," he answered as he led them outside to a large building at the back of the house.

"I don't guess I knew him.: Dean stared at Bobby, a question in his eyes. He stopped when they reached a large building."Son of a...." There were several finished cars but also a half dozen classics in some semblance of disrepair. Dean's eyes were wide as he looked at them. Nothing was older then a '65. All were in bad shape except the '57.

Dean looked at Sam, "If the shop can't afford these, I'm gonna make an offer from my pay from L. These can be rebuilt, Sam. These are classics."

Jake smiled. "This was my dad's hobby when I was home from school. He refused to hunt when I was home because I was at boarding school during the year. I know there's some that're finished, and I'd like for you to sell them for me..with a generous commission of course. The rest, I'm willing to part with directly to you. I have titles to all of them. No legal issues at all."

"I have money put back for chances like this. I can give you $7500 for the six that need rebuilding. I can definitely get you good prices on the ones that are finished, that's if they run as sweet as they look. I'd take them to car shows where the collectors go."

Sam piped up then. "Hells, I could build a website to pull in collectors too."

Jake nodded. "In truth, we'll have a contract drawn up for the finished ones. The quote for the metal was at that amount for the ones that need work so I know you're being fair. I also have to ask if you'd be interested in something else." He headed carefully through the 'show room' area and guided them to mechanics area where all the up to date equipment was kept.

Dean stood and stared around him.

"I won't use these, no way to. I'd rather see it go to someone who could use it," he told them. Bobby's eyes were huge as he took in the equipment.

Dean's voice was low and awestricken, when he asked, "How much?"

He quoted a price that was on the low side but the older hunter knew that Jake was just wanting to get rid of them.

Dean began contemplating his savings. He knew he had more than enough but he'd have to build and sell a lot of cars to make up for it, but damn! He looked at Jake.

"I'll buy it."

Sam nodded at his brother. The shop had enough squirreled away to cover for it, and this could be written off as a business expense. Jake smiled. "I'm glad. If you three will step into the house, I can have my attorney draw up the contracts and bill of sale."

"Sam, the shop can reimburse me as we sell cars, but that's stuff I look at online and dream about for the shop. The stuff we can do with it. You wouldn't even begin to imagine."

He pulled his brother to the side, whispering to him softly and telling him the shop had enough to pay for it. Business had been incredibly good lately.

"Sam, we agreed to keep a buffer in case of hard times. Remember?"

He handed him a slip of paper with the full balance in it.

Dean looked at the balance and then at his brother. "Sammy? How?"

"Making careful investments," he told him. "I'm not playing the market but watching the companies over the years. I spotted the stable ones and went in for that. I've also managed to put a portion away in IRAs as well for all of us."

"Okay." Dean sounded stunned. "Let's talk to the attorney. We'll need a certified check."

"I had one prepared, remember?" Bobby shook his head, amazed at Sam's business sense. Between his acuity with numbers and their talent with machines, they'd do well.

"I thought it was for the one car, Sam? You knew about this?"

"No but we weren't sure if there would be anything else, so I had a special draft note pulled up for us. Works as well as a certified check, just as safe."

Dean looked pale. It was a large sum of money to him, coming out of the shop. He looked at his brother, "Okay, Sam. You know this part better then me. You're the boss over this part. We'll need to rent a big truck to haul all of it. I'm gonna need a new building."

"I'll handle it, Dean, just drool over the new toys you and Bobby get to play with," he teased him.

"I am, Sam. Damn, Bobby. We got a complete shop for rebuilding cars. Everything we need, man!"

The older man grinned as Sam followed Jake out to get the legalities out of the way. "I know. This is better than Christmas," he laughed.

"Hell, Bobby, it's a hundred times better. I've never had a good Christmas since Mom died. This is paradise."

"We're going to have fun, that's for sure. Man..computers for diagnostics for the more modern cars. This is going to be great."

"They've been telling me in the diesel class that you got to have those now. They are worth a small fortune, Bobby. You gotta update them every couple of years once the new cars go out of warranty."

He nodded. "I know but updates are cheaper than buying all this from the factory."

"It'd take years and a lot of going in debt to buy this stuff new."

"I know," he chuckled. "And to think, we're getting it at a very very incredible rate."

"Bobby, was he talking our kind of hunter? Or going after deer or duck?"

"Our kind," he answered. "Thomas was aware of the supernatural world as psychics and the like run through their family. When Jake was almost two, the family was attacked by a coven of witches. Jake's abilities are what kept him alive until Thomas got home..though he lost his ability to see."

"So, you hunted down the coven? Jake still have those abilities? I mean how'd he know we were hunters, or used to be."

Bobby nodded. "He recognized me as I used to babysit him at times if Thomas got called off for an emergency and no other hunter could handle the job. Jake still has them and spent a lot of time learning to control the gifts."

"Wow, Bobby. Is living here now? He might need some friends who would understand. We wouldn't mind, you know. Sam might appreciate it more then either of us."

"He moved back here a few weeks ago. Knowing him, he probably had a vision that we needed this stuff and let the info drift to me that he was willing to offload it."

"Yeah, I know all about visions. Sam doesn't seem to have them any more, or if he does, he says nothing about them. Maybe he can control them or the blood addiction messed that up. I don't know for sure, Bobby. I just know he says nothing about it, but there's not really been any mention of visions since he died and I did what I did to bring him back."

Bobby looked at him. "I have a feeling that the visions stopped because there may very well be no more kids like him. He connected to them through that blood."

"Damn, Bobby. I never thought of that."

"Sam and I talked about it earlier. He brought it up to me with that theory. He wanted my input before he asked you what you thought on it."

"How long ago did you guys talk about that, Bobby? It's been almost two years since they stopped."

"Earlier today. It'd occurred to him they hadn't happened in a long time and he was wondering about it."

"Kind of odd, isn't it? Both of us thinking the same thing?

"It happens."

"You know, that's in the past. Was he scared to approach me about it?"

"No, he'd wanted to bounce the theory with me before talking to you. Said something about getting it straight in his head first."

"Okay, just so it's not going back to no talking again."

"No, not that at all. Just was using me as a sounding board mostly," he said.

"No, that's okay, Bobby. I do the same thing. I was concerned that it might have been a while since he talked with you and might have felt he couldn't bring it up to me because of the past. I don't want that at all."
"Sam wouldn't do that to you, Dean. You were busy, thought hit him, and he wanted a sounding board so he wouldn't sound like an empty headed moron," he said with a chuckle. "His words, not mine."

"The only time he's been an empty headed moron was when he was so drunk."

Bobby snickered at that. "You're not not better when you're looped either."

"He told me I was short. Only time I can remember doing something like that was when I had yellow fever."

"I can think of a few times. You two are very entertaining when you're drunk," he said with a grin.

“When was I ever that drunk, Bobby?”

"First time, you were what..just legal to drink..and got so bombed out of your tiny gourd, I spent more time laughing at you than drinking myself," he said with a laugh.

“That was after Sam left for college? Where the hell was Dad? Oh. That was after he dumped me and went his own way? I did stop to see you for a while. I’ve had drinks before, Bobby, but I don’t remember going drinking with you.”

"I bought you your first beer when you became legal," he said.

“On my birthday? I remember you showing up, because Sam and Dad were at it pretty bad I know we went to the bar, but I don’t remember getting drunk or anything. I just remember one beer. Course, it was a pretty bad day, with them fighting. Why did you come all that way, Bobby? I thought you were there to put a stop to the fighting, but it continued til Sam left.”

"I knew they were fighting and wanted you to enjoy yourself at least," he said softly. "God knows you deserved one happy day."

“You came for me, Bobby? You never told me that.” Dean was quiet for a moment. “Thanks, Bobby.”

He slapped his back. "Anytime, kid, you know that."

Dean’s voice cracked, “I’ve learned that this past year. I never recognized it for what it was. I’m grateful for all you’ve done for me, and I’m sorry I didn’t see it before this.”

"Better late than never," was the sage advice.

th The older Winchester pulled the older man into his arms and held him tight. Sam found them there and wondered what had happened.

Bobby hugged him back, then looked at Sam. "Everything squared away?"

Sam looked questioningly at the older man, met his brother’s gaze, smiled and said, “Yeah. We can rent a truck and have it deliver the equipment after we get back from town. We can get the cars a little at a time. Jake is in no hurry. He’s a great guy.”

Dean grinned. “Let’s go get that chicken and plot out the weekend. I already rented rooms in town for tomorrow night.”

"The question is getting those cars back to the shop," Bobby said. "We may have to call in some favors to get them there."

“Sam just said that Jake wasn’t in a hurry, Bobby. We got the wrecker which will flat bed one and haul a second, and your truck will haul one. We can do it.”

"Two trips," he mused. "Yeah, we can do that."

“We’re hiring a truck to bring the tools and electronics back. Right, Sam?”

Sam nodded. "Yeah and gotta take pictures of the ones that're completely restored too."

“Get Sarah to do the photos. She’s the artist, Sam. I want to have an album for each one we restore, showing the work as it goes. We promised one to Mr. Hemings, but I want one for us too. Keep an album growing with each car from start to finish in it.”

"I know...and we get a nice slice for the commission. I saw the papers, Dean. He's generous."

“On the finished ones? How much of a commission, Sam? I know he said a generous commission, but I never expected a huge chunk, just a chance to get the word out about us.”

Sam handed Dean a piece of paper with the commission percentage written on it. The number was very generous. Dean looked at the commission percentage and raised his head to stare at his two partners.

“Why? He doesn’t know us, Bobby. Why the price on the tools, and now this? Who is he to us, and why is he doing this? Nobody just gives this kind of money away? Don’t throw L at me. He’s eccentric on a major scale.”

Bobby looked at him. "The kid doesn't need the money, Dean, and it's a reminder of the loss of a beloved family member."

“You know, Bobby. My past catches up with me sometimes. I still have a big problem with trust. Wanting to help someone he knows, like you, Bobby, is something I can understand. But he doesn’t know Sam and me. It just took me by surprise.”

"He knows a bit about you due to contact with me. You remember me calling occasionally to offer a warning on a case you're on?"

“Those were him? He had visions about us? Hell, Bobby, why didn’t you tell us?”

The older man ran a hand through his hair. "He asked me not to. He trusted me and his dad..that was pretty much it in regards to the world of the supernatural. And considering what that world cost him, it was a small price for him to ask."
“I understand the cost, Bobby. Hell, you know I do.. Anyway, I’m grateful. I don’t understand why he’d do this when the only thing he knows about us is from visions, but I’m grateful. Sam, let’s all go get that chicken. I’m tired.”

"Because you two matter to me..and I'm like an uncle to him," he said, walking with Sam towards the car.

Dean walked around the Impala and got behind the wheel, he turned and looked at the older man in the back seat. Smiling softly, he winked and asked, “Does that make hunting cousins of some sort?”

"He knows a bit about you due to contact with me. You remember me calling occasionally to offer a warning on a case you're on?"

“Those were him? He had visions about us? Hell, Bobby, why didn’t you tell us?”

The older man ran a hand through his hair. "He asked me not to. He trusted me and his dad..that was pretty much it in regards to the world of the supernatural. And considering what that world cost him, it was a small price for him to ask."
“I understand the cost, Bobby. Hell, you know I do. Anyway, I’m grateful. I don’t understand why he’d do this when the only thing he knows about us is from visions, but I’m grateful. Sam, let’s all go get that chicken. I’m tired.”

"Because you two matter to me..and I'm like an uncle to him," he said, walking with Sam towards the car.

Dean walked around the Impala and got behind the wheel, he turned and looked at the older man in the back seat. Smiling softly, he winked and asked, “Does that make us hunting cousins of some sort?”



No comments:

Post a Comment