Jensenfan1978's playlist


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com

Monday, November 15, 2010

Supernatural Death Note Chapter 91

Authors: Lady Laran and Tisha Wyman Warnings: Bad language, violence, and some sex. Spoilers: My favorite show is Supernatural. Anyone who knows me will say I am almost obsessed, unless they happen to be Laran, who knows I am. Laran loves Death Note. We both love to write. Never in our wildest dreams did we ever think we'd be writing an alternate universe/crossover between the two. What started as a several chapter story has turned into a novel The story had a life of its own. This saga begins towards the end of season 4 and before L truly got involved with the Death Note. This is a story of healing, family,friendship, humor, and horror. We do not own either show or its characters, but I'd take Dean in a heartbeat. We make no money from them. Thank you for reading. Comments are highly appreciated.

How to Deal with an Exhausted Hunter.

"Ben was hoping to do his daily reading with him tonight." She had him reading several hours a day during holidays and summer to keep his skill levels up.

"Hey, Ben! Why don't you get your book, and you can read to both of us. Your Dad will love it. I know I will."

Ben perked up "Can I?"

"Yeah, come on. Your Dad hasn't had anything read to him since I don't know when , or a chance to read since Alice. He never got to finish that. I think I need to find him a copy so he can. You can be his literary study for today. How's that sound? What are you reading?"

His face lit up. "Mom bought me the Wizard of Oz online and Watari had it shipped. I've always wanted to read it!"

"That's a great book. I'm not sure your Dad's ever read it. Come on."
Dean was still sitting on the edge of his bed, head buried in the laptop. "Hey, Lis, with me running an automotive shop, we're gonna need a heavy duty washer and dryer. What do you think of these?" Looking up, the older Winchester smiled and said, "Hi, guys. What's up?"

Ben was bouncing, holding his book. "Uncle Sammy said I could read with you guys!"

Dean looked at his brother, then at Ben, and smiled. He remembered Sam at that age. "Sounds like a great idea to me. What are you reading?"

"Wizard of Oz! I just got it," he grinned.

"Really? I've never read that. Is it like the movie or better? Sam?"

"I've just read bits and pieces so this'll be new to me." Ben climbed onto the bed as Sam took a seat. Sam looked at his brother. "You know, Dean. You've been up quite a while. You need rest. Why don't you lay back against the pillows and take it easy a while. We'll read til supper's ready."

Dean eyed his little brother, realizing that Sam was still taking hold of the reins. He was tired and the younger Winchester seemed to know it. He leaned back, pulling his legs up onto the bed. "Okay, Sam."

The boy began reading, voice clear as he started sharing the wonderful story with the other two. The older Winchesters were enjoying the narrative, drawn in by Baum's story telling. Time past quickly as Ben read to them.

Lisa managed to snap a picture with her cell, smiling at the adorable image. She'd thought for sure the two adults would be bored but both were hanging onto Ben's every word.

Sarah was drinking a cup of coffee, relaxing for a minute. "Are they bored?" she asked, smiling.

She giggled. "No, he's got them eating out of the palm of his hand. I didn't expect either of them to be so interested in the story."

Sarah smiled softly. "I've talked to Bobby some. The boys have had a rough life. Sam may have had more of a childhood then Dean did, but it wasn't much of one. It was whatever Dean could scrape for him. Dean worked hard to do it. The book is a childhood fantasy, but a lot darker then the movie. They would understand and appreciate it better then most, and they need to be kids. They've never really had the chance. I think we ought to have Ben read it to them daily. They'll both love it."
"I think you're right. I'll see what other books are out there that the three of them will enjoy. It'd be great bonding time for them."

"Well, if they'd like animal stories there's the Riki Tiki Tavi, The Jungle book, Beautiful Joe, and Black Beauty. There's the Hardy Boys. I have a cousin whose kids love the Plant that ate the Dirty Socks series."

"I'm thinking Hardy Boys next," she laughed.

"Those would be marvelous. I can imagine Dean reading to Sam, but Sam caught on things quickly and read to himself by the time he was seven. He didn't need Dean for that. I can't imagine John Winchester reading to them. Bobby doesn't seem the type. How old was their Mom when she died? These are probably the first stories your future husband has ever had read to him since he was very little. It would explain Alice, wouldn't it?"

"Dean was very young," she answered.

"I know Sam has gotten angry with him in the past over his being childish at times, but the kid in him has to get out at some time. Bless his heart. He has to be an adult, but sometimes, he needs to play. Ben will be good for him, and Sam needs to play with them. It's about time they were brothers, don't you think?"

Lisa nodded. "I agree with you there. Reminds me...we should get a playground behind the house."

"Why don't you and I look online and find one that will be strong enough for all three of them. Let them build it. Swings, monkey bars, slides, seesaws, and lots of jungle gym stuff made of heavy wood. Big enough for kids of all ages."

She grinned. "Works for me."

"We can have it delivered and surprise them. There's a nice level area before you reach the tree line. It would fit there perfectly. That's a large space. I'd love to put a pool out there for them to swim in. Of course, if we put a pool elsewhere, and covered it? Near could swim in the summer, and we could leave the sides open but screened. In the winter, it could be closed, heated and we could still swim."

"Lisa nodded. "It's a good idea, especially since we're going to keep it covered for Near."

"We'll talk to Watari and see what he thinks. I don't imagine they know how to swim, but it's not hard to learn."

"Good idea," she said, stirring the soup before pulling out the laptop that Watari had given for the girls to use.

They discussed the merits of different playground equipment and finally found one that was used for scouting groups. Both girls liked the idea. They bought some heavy metal poles for a volley ball net, and some for tether ball. "We can get some old tires and mount them in concrete in the tires. It will last forever."

Lisa nodded, looking over the ideas. "These are all good ones."

"We need to make sure a pool would be acceptable, but another closed in area with a barbecue pit and picnic tables would be nice. I don't know about bugs out here, but there are bats."

She shuddered. "Ugh, no bats!"

"There's rattlesnakes and tarantulas also." Sarah grinned. We are definitely away from civilization, my dear. The thing is, civilization hasn't been what it's all cracked up to be. I'd rather be here with Sam. I may find some kind of art work I can do. If not, I am going to start an online art gallery. There's a lot of native American, and other cultures who have crafts and such in the area. I would love to buy and sell in an online store."

"Sounds good to me," she said softly. "I think I'll be running around with a gun and flamethrower. We'll have to figure out how to keep nature out of the house and grounds.

"The cabin is built to keep nature out. The buildings that house everything, are strong and capable also. We will need those to have a pool and barbecue that can include Near. Dean would probably have one in the back yard too. It would be more like him, I would imagine. He seems the type. Now in the open, they may be there."

"I don't want to have to worry about snakes and spiders in our yard."

"We need cats. A large number of them. They will keep the entire area protected. Get big cats. Toms. We don't want them as pets, but as varmint killers. They'll do it. We need them. I looked online earlier. There's a small town near here, and they have a shelter. We can get some cats that way."

"I think the cornbread is ready."

Lisa nodded, heading back to check on it.

"If it's ready, I'll get the boys."

"It is," she called back

Sarah walked into the main bedroom. "Sam, Ben, supper...go wash up. Dean, we'll bring you some food in a few minutes."

Sarah turned to leave. Dean stared for a minute.
"Do I have to eat here alone? Sam, can't I join you guys?"

"Sarah, love, find some trays. We're going to eat with Dean in here."

Dean was good at reading faces. "Sam, I think the girls are wanting to eat at the table. Go on ahead. I'll be okay."

Lisa came back, setting trays out for everyone. "Sorry Dean, I hadn't thought of it."

"You don't have to do this because I can't go in there, Lis. I'll be fine. I know it's not comfortable to sit in here all day. Believe me, I know. Go ahead. Honest. I'm all right."

Sarah came in with his tray, handing one to Sam as well.

"I'm sorry, guys. I was being selfish."

"It's not selfish to want to spend time with your family," Sarah said, then scolded him. "So stop it or I'll make sure you don't get pie."

"I can't have pie, Sarah. Unless, someone got Watari's recipe."

Lisa whistled to herself, serving Ben his food.

Dean tried to catch her eye, but the woman was avoiding him. "Lis?"

"Yessss?"

"Did Watari give you all of his recipes?"

"He gave me some," she said with a grin.

"Apple pie?"

"You'll have to be a good boy to see," she teased, sitting down to eat her own meal.

Dean tasted the soup and commented on how good it was. He had never eaten cornbread, but he asked for seconds on it. Both women told him no.

"It's a bit rich, and you'll want to save room for dessert," Sarah grinned.

"Okay. I've never had it before, and it's really good. Sam, you've been out on your own a number of times. You ever have cornbread?"

"No, I haven't. I think we'll have to have this again. The soup is fantastic too."

"Yeah, it is. I don't eat soup very much, but this was great."

Sarah smiled. "I'm glad you like it."

"Soup doesn't normally taste like this, Sarah. I'd pay to eat this."

She blushed at that. "Thank you."

The hunter turned red also. "He wasn't usually that open with things but found himself saying whatever came to mind, lately..

After dinner, Sam helped clean the kitchen. Ben was outside playing. A large truck pulled into the compound. Sounds could be heard coming from the rear of the vehicle. Watari Bobby, and everyone who was not stuck in bed, came outside to see what was going on.

A man stepped out of the truck, and asked for the Winchesters.

Sam nodded. "You found them."

"Great! I have your puppies."

"Umm..what?"

"Puppies, Sir."

He looked back at t he group. "Who ordered puppies?"

A voice from the porch behind him said, "I did."

Sam's face lit up, then headed to the truck to peek.

Dean followed him out to the truck, with Bobby and Watari shooting him daggers for being out of bed.

"I saw them online when I looking for cats. I'm not sure what kind of cats are best and the person on duty said to call tomorrow. Their cat person would be back then. They had these three pups, all males, all fixed. Bull mastiff mixes. They're gonna be protective and huge, Sam. I called them the three stooges, Moe, Larry, and Curly. They each got a nice leather collar. I paid for those. They got their shots and name tags on the collars. One for you, one for Bobby, and one for Ben and me. I didn't think L would take kindly to having one because he and the boys travel so much. I didn't want to separate them, and big dogs are hard to find homes for."

Sam was jumped by a puppy, face being licked to death, and he started laughing. Both he and Dean had wanted puppies growing up and had played with Bobby's dogs when they could.

"That's Curly, Sammy. I think he likes you. Hey, Bobby, come pick one, or let one pick you. Ben?"

It didn't take long before Ben had a puppy in his lap, making the boy giggle as the puppy demanded attention.

"That's Larry, son. Hey Bobby, Moe's waiting on you. I know it's hard after losing yours, but Moe will love you and be there."

Bobby picked up the puppy, rubbing his ears. The older man looked happy as the puppy wagged his butt to show he was very pleased with his new human.

Watari chuckled. "I think this was a great choice," he told Dean.

"Thanks, Watari. I will go back inside now, before I get my ass whupped."

Dean went back to his room, wondering whether Sarah and Lisa would mind having dogs the size of ponies inside their homes. He winced at the thought.

Lisa followed and kissed Dean. "You know, Ben's been wanting a dog for sometime now."

"You understand that it's gonna be in the house? It will be about the size of a mountain lion, maybe bigger? Tiger size? I got a grocer making deliveries tonight. Beds, dishes, food, toys. They will have to be housebroken."

"Good, you get to teach Ben how to do that and train him," she said with a grin. "Good bonding experience for you two. Dean..we need anti-snake and spider stuff. I will panic if I go outside and see one of those."

"Does that mean I can get up and stay up? I'm getting cats. I don't know about rattlers, hon. But bugs and stuff, the cats can handle. You take a gun when you go out. Snakes aren't gonna be in areas where there's a lot of people. It's when your hiking or off alone, you need to be careful about."

"Snakes scare me to death," she admitted.

"I'm not crazy about them either, hon. I'll find out what, if anything, can be done about them. You know snakes are everywhere. You've lived around snakes most of your live, Lis, and didn't know it."

"I've lived in the city, love, not like this. So please..find out what can be done, OK?"

"I could get some ferrets, hon. They are supposed to kill snakes, I think."

She shuddered. "Okay."

"I'll talk to the animal people tomorrow. If I get ferrets, I'm gonna have to have them fixed. Don't want them out of control in the wild."

"Should find out too if they can survive in this climate," she said softly.

"Hell, it's probably a mongoose I'm thinking about anyway. I'll ask around."

"I think you're right," Lisa said, blushing.

"What'd I do to make you blush so pretty?"

"Cause I realized that I'd made a mistake, mongoose over ferrets," she giggled.

Dean looked disconcerted. "I'm the one who made the mistake, Lis. Should I be embarrassed because I got a ferret and a mongoose confused? Seriously, here. I made an honest mistake. You didn't know, and were going by what I said. I'm sorry I caused you embarrassment."

She poked him. "You didn't. I made the same mistake."

"Why is mixing up a mongoose and a ferret embarrassing? Do I need to feel that way? If not, why should you? It's a silly mistake."

She giggled. "No, we shouldn't."

Dean halfway laughed. "Okay. Then why are you?"

Lisa giggled again. "I don't know."

Dean nodded. "Okay. I think what we need are Jack Russell Terriers for the snakes. They are the best snake hunters. I'll see if the shelter has them. If not, I'll check the net and see what I can find. We still need cats for other varmints, but three or four Jack Russells is a good idea."

"Probably should see if we need to have them trained to do that first," she said.

"It's instinctive. I'll search for a breeder who breeds dogs for that purpose. I'll buy some."

"It'll keep the kids safe, so I'm all for that."



No comments:

Post a Comment