Jensenfan1978's playlist


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com

Friday, November 12, 2010

Supernatural Death Note Chapter 87

Authors: Lady Laran and Tisha Wyman Warnings: Bad language, violence, and some sex. Spoilers: My favorite show is Supernatural. Anyone who knows me will say I am almost obsessed, unless they happen to be Laran, who knows I am. Laran loves Death Note. We both love to write. Never in our wildest dreams did we ever think we'd be writing an alternate universe/crossover between the two. What started as a several chapter story has turned into a novel The story had a life of its own. This saga begins towards the end of season 4 and before L truly got involved with the Death Note. This is a story of healing, family,friendship, humor, and horror. We do not own either show or its characters, but I'd take Dean in a heartbeat. We make no money from them. Thank you for reading. Comments are highly appreciated.

How are we Doing This?

"The colt is here. We should get moving."

They headed back to the dining room. "Not til I know a few things. We're not going in blind, Cas."

"Near is working on getting surveillance set up; Sam if you will go up there and assist him?" L had obviously taken advantage of the time apart. He and the boys were already geared to go.

Dean's duffels were sitting on the dining room floor. He sat down beside them and checked every weapon. "Cas, where is this gonna be? I need a schematic of the building and the surrounding areas."

Castiel listed an area that wasn't too far from the church. L looked at the camera, knowing Near was working on it now.

By the time Sam got up there, Near was sitting in his usual position in a chair, headset on and fingers flying over the keyboard.

"That's awful close, Cas. With everything Ryuuzaki has done, is it possible either the Satanists or the demons can get in there? I don't want to worry about two places right now. One at a time. I know the interior of the church. What kind of building is she in?"

"An abandoned warehouse, ten miles south of it," he told him. "Ryuuzaki's upgrades to the church will keep them out for a while. Unless they're carrying explosives."

"Which will bring the building down," Matt pointed out. "So bit of an idiotic move that."

"Depends on how powerful and where you plant them. This warehouse? Is it a storage type warehouse? How big? How many stories? What's in it?"

"I don't know what's in it."

Near's voice came over the loudspeaker. "Seven stories with an office at the top. The warehouse used to contain fireworks or so the official report states."

"You've got to be kidding me? Fireworks? Cas, what floor is she on? How many demons does she have with her? We don't have the time to clear out seven floors of demons. Just zap us to the right floor but not in front of her. Be ready to zap us to the church."

"I wasn't able to get close enough to find out."

"Matt will boot the laptop; Near will pull up the schematics now." Matt did just that, letting Near take over the computer remotely from upstairs.

Dean watched the schematics on the computer. "Damn rat's maze." When the schematics for the fifth floor appeared, Dean stared hard. "Hold a minute. What the hell is that on there?"

Ben had weaseled his way into the group and looked at the drawing. "It's a carousel," he commented.

"What?" Dean stared again. "Can you enlarge that?"

Seconds later, the image enlarged. L was staring at it as well. "I do not believe this was used for fireworks storage."

"No, I don't either. It's definitely a carousel. Indoor amusement park?"

Sam's voice responded. "Three bets she's in her favorite meat suit type again."

"Yeah, so what the hell do I do? She doesn't take the souls of the kids. She leaves them in there. I don't want to kill...." Dean looked down and saw Ben listening intently. He looked up. "Lisa, would you and Sarah take Ben and maybe watch a movie or something with him? Please?"

The two girls nodded, and Matt told them were the entertainment room was that had the large screen TV. It would keep Ben occupied for hours.

Once alone, the group looked at each other. L spoke up. "I know you do not wish to, Dean. Is there a way to force her to take another host?"

"She leaves that body, we could lose her. I don't know what to do. Damn, I don't know."

Mello looked at Castiel. "Well, ideas?"

"We do not have the time to do a search."

Dean interrupted him. "Yeah, we do. We go to the church first. Bring back a Satanist. They were going to do some real nasty stuff, so I got no problem. We gotta keep her busy. Cas, can you bring us a Satanist? If it's a woman, it's better."

"You're thinking of forcing her into that body?" L tilted his head. "How?"

Watari frowned. "I have an idea. Near, is there a building where a clear shot could be given at the seventh floor?"

There was silence for a moment and the laptop blinked, bringing up an outlying building. Watari tapped it. "Here. I'll position myself here with a rifle and use a tranquilizing dart. Given she's in a child's body, we can use enough to put her under. With your presence there, she'll have to flee to another host."

"Everybody wearing their amulets? If she's not on the seventh floor, we'll have to lure her up there. I don't think it'll be a problem."

"It's a plan," L murmured. "Watari is a crack shot."

"Okay, the church is in the northeast. Cas, can you get Watari where he needs to be, and take us to the church to get a Satanist? Or are you gonna do that and just take us to the warehouse? If you grab one, disable the rest. Can't have that church open."

"I will drop Watari off and then grab one of the members of the Satanist group so you can prepare that one for possession."

"Cas, take Watari and us. Drop Watari to his building. Drop us near the church for right now. Grab one and disable the rest. You must do that. Let me make sure the Satanist thinks we are using her to get at Lilith. She must not know what we are up to. Then take us to the first floor of the warehouse. We'll go from there. Okay?"

"Give me a few moments to prepare the tranquilizer," the older man murmured, heading out to prepare his gear.

Dean had been going through his gear, checking weapons. "Can I have the colt?" He'd put his gun in the back of his jeans along with the demon killing knife. L noted that he was strapping a holster to his calf.

"Cas if there's a woman, we need her."

L nodded, sliding the box over. "We are going to need weapons that will handle demons once we get to the warehouse."

Castiel gave him a look. "You've already mentioned that. If there is one there, I will find her."

"Yeah, L, we will need them. If you don't have what you need as far as weapons and ammo, check my duffels. If what you need isn't in there, it will be in the Impala." Dean tossed him the keys. "Everyone, listen up. This is worse then what we dealt with with Ruby. Lilith was the first demon. One of Lucifer's generals. She's stronger then most of them. She doesn't have the powers that Azazel and Alistair had, but she's strong. Both of them are dead. She has to join them. Make sure you have everything you need. Oh, if you see a little girl. It's her. She also loves very beautiful women. One of the two, guys.

"Given the inclusion of a carousel, I would be more willing to bet she's a kid right now," answered the red haired genius.

"You won't get an argument from me on that, but with Lilith, this could be a trap. I'm not taking chances."

Watari's voice came through the loudspeaker. "Dean, Sam, just how likely is it the bodies in the warehouse still contain their souls or the bodies are in a condition that the people can be saved?"

"There's always a possibility of that, Watari. I only know of two ways to do that. Mass exorcism and Sam. We've done mass exorcisms before but we need a working p.a. Cas, do demons understand angel speak? That high pitched sound you guys make for normal language?"

"Only one problem with that. It will drive Lilith out too."

"The only one that would understand would be Lucifer," the angel answered.

Watari came back up, carrying two cases. "I know you have the knife and colt, but I would prefer the boys have a means of defense since their normal weapons would be useless. The weapons from the Impala are on their way up to overlook." He set one of the cases down on the table for the three geniuses to open.

"It's okay, Cas. I wouldn't be able to pick her out of all the clouds of black smoke anyway. Watari, their weapons will work with my ammo."

Dean rose to go look at what Watari had brought in.

L opened the case and there was a hiss of indrawn breath from all three of them. The older man handed the weapons to their owners. Matt and Mello were given what looked to be standard katanas, and L was given two smaller short blades that would extend his reach but still work with his martial arts style. When the blades were drawn for inspection, the unusual style was even more noticeable.

"I had these made when the plans came together weeks ago. The blades are flashed with silver."

"The crystal powder must be rock salt?" Watari nodded at Mello's question.

Bobby walked over and stood beside Dean and they both stared in awe. Dean looked at Watari. "Those are incredible, Sir. You guys understand that, unless they leave the bodies, you may be killing real people?"

Bobby motioned to the other box and softly asked Watari what other surprises he had for the boys.

"I am aware of that but am also aware of what Dean said. These demons ride the bodies hot and hard. The survival rate of the hosts is astronomically low. I will not put my charges at risk if it can be helped." The other case revealed an elegant sniper rifle, complete with tranquilizing darts.

"Sam and I tend to think about it more. Dean will kill if necessary for survival. He's the hunter in every way, but he'll bear that guilt later. He always does, but he doesn't take the time in warfare to think with his heart."

Watari handed Bobby a piece of paper. He'd had Near calculate survivability of the victims of possession. The rate was heartbreakingly low.

Bobby looked sad when he read it. "I imagine Near showed this to Sam,who has probably done something similar at some point, but make sure, sometime today, that Dean sees this. Would you? When you think it would be best for him to see it."

Dean had ammo, holy water, and rock salt in his backpack. He was not taking the duffels with him, carrying light.

"Everybody about ready? I got something to say before we leave. Gather round, please. Near, Sammy, you listening in?"

Watari pulled Dean aside. "We need to talk a moment," he told the one that had become like another grandson to him.

Dean tried to read his face. "Okay. Give me a second, guys." He turned back to Watari. "Okay?"

"Bobby felt I should show you this, and I agree. I had Near do some calculations based on the information from you, Bobby, and Sam in regards to demon possession." He placed the paper into the other's hand. "This is the survivability rate of a host. Near's fairly accurate with calculations. I wanted you to see this because I don't want you to wear the burden of what's to come."

Dean took the paper, hands shaking slightly. He stared at Watari then read the paper. Watari watched him as he read Near's findings. He nodded, folded the paper and put it in his jacket pocket. "Thanks, Watari," he whispered.

Not having time to do more, Dean turned back. "Okay, first off, I'm proud of all of you, and I'm glad I'm doing this with you. Near, you and Sam have been fantastic backup and I'm grateful. Especially for your calmness in a crisis. I love you both. Mello, Matt, you are fantastic. I've changed my mind about working with kids, but only you two because you don't fight like kids. I trust you. L, Watari, thank you for everything you have done. I've never experienced anything like this before. I don't understand why you both took Sam and me under your wings like this, but it means more then you'll ever know. Bobby, thanks for becoming my Dad, and thanks for fighting beside me. Cas, we knock heads all the time, but I'm glad you're here. I just wanted all of you know how much you mean to me. Okay! Let's go guys!"

Bobby looked at him. "Stop talking like you're not expecting to come back, idjit."

The three geniuses strapped on the weapons, ready to go.

Dean grabbed his backpack, murmuring something about track records, but turned to Bobby. "If I'd thought that, I'd have said goodbye to Lisa and Ben."

The older man bopped him over the head when he heard the comment about track records. "Stop it. Think positive."

"Lucifer's not getting out, Bobby. That positive enough for you?"

"And you're coming' back in one piece, even if I have to drag you. Positive enough for you?"

"Yes, Sir. Cas, Watari's destination first, then near the church."


No comments:

Post a Comment