Jensenfan1978's playlist


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Supernatural Death Note Chapter 85

Authors: Lady Laran and Tisha Wyman Warnings: Bad language, violence, and some sex. Spoilers: My favorite show is Supernatural. Anyone who knows me will say I am almost obsessed, unless they happen to be Laran, who knows I am. Laran loves Death Note. We both love to write. Never in our wildest dreams did we ever think we'd be writing an alternate universe/crossover between the two. What started as a several chapter story has turned into a novel The story had a life of its own. This saga begins towards the end of season 4 and before L truly got involved with the Death Note. This is a story of healing, family,friendship, humor, and horror. We do not own either show or its characters, but I'd take Dean in a heartbeat. We make no money from them. Thank you for reading. Comments are highly appreciated.

Aftermath

The driver took a very long way to get home, ensuring they weren't followed. Poor Mello was ready to claw his skin off by the time they arrived at the base. They were herded into a room and examined by a doctor. Dean stood in the doorway, a look of exhaustion on his smoke blackened face. He looked at Watari who had come in to check on everyone.

“Can't I just skip this? I'm fine. I want to get the debriefing over with, get a shower, a gallon of something to drink, some food, and rest. I'm tired, Watari. I'm not hurt. Since when does being tired become a medical problem?”

"We need to make sure you don't have any smoke inhalation or burns. It's to be on the safe side so no, you can't skip."

“Watari, they always find something that has nothing to do with why I'm in there.” Hazel eyes stared out of a black face, and the head bowed. Dean knew this was one battle he wouldn't win. He did not go in and sit down, but stood in the doorway.

Watari grinned as the doctor began checking Dean over, listening to his lungs and making sure everything was all right.

“You always examine patients in the doorway, Doc?” This one had Dean's curiosity piqued.

"When they look exhausted, I do," he chuckled.

Since Dean had never met this doctor since he took over to care for Near, he figured the man didn't know his past. “Yeah, well, it's been a rough day.” Dean didn't consider that Bobby wasn't exhausted, and at thirty-one, he certainly shouldn't have been.

"You're still regaining strength from your surgery, but everything looks to be healing up fine. No signs of smoke inhalation or burns. You were very fortunate, Mr. Winchester," the doctor said. "My recommendation is a shower, a hot meal, and to rest. In regaining your strength, I'll leave a workout regimen with Watari."

“You're Near's new doctor, aren't you? Why do you know about me? My doctor left after telling me one more week. I don't understand.”

"Medical files, sir. Any good doctor worth his salt checks on those before seeing his patients," he said.

“I don't understand. I'm out of the doctor's care now. At least, I thought I was. Watari?”

"Every doctor maintains a file on their patients, documenting past treatment, inoculations, the like. I kept your file for security purposes and let this doctor read it when I realized all of you would need to be looked over."

“So, I now have a permanent doctor here?” Dean shook his head and headed up to the top floor to find Lisa, Sam, and Near. He was starting to have trouble thinking clearly. He knew it was because he'd pushed so hard. He had to though. He couldn't let them down.

Near had heard the conversation and met Dean halfway. "Dean, follow Near. A discussion must be held."

The hunter sighed and turned from his intended destination to follow the teen.

Gray eyes met hazel when they reached a room and Near shut the door behind them, standing in front of it. "Dean will stop this behavior at once."

“What behavior, Near? Look, I just want to find everyone, bathe, eat, and sleep, in that order. My mind's not very clear right now, so you are gonna have to just say whatever it is you have to say, because I have no f'ing idea what you're talking about.”

"Dean is acting as if it is Dean's fault that Dean tires easily and that because of tiring so easily, Dean is slowing the group down. The attitude of avoiding the doctor was another sign something is wrong."

“Okay. First off,I pushed myself to be able to keep up, okay? It was really hard, but I was not gonna let my team down. I see nothing wrong in that. I was not blaming anyone, not even myself. I knew what it was. I always avoid doctors. I'm terrified of needles, Near. They always put me in hospitals with ugly nurses. That's just normal for me. I can't help it. I have no idea what caused that.”

"Most people have that irrational fear. However, Dean was showing signs of anger at what Dean perceives as Dean's weakness."

“I went in knowing I had a problem, but knew if I had to drop out, Bobby could take the rest of them through. What angered me was Lilith somehow finding out we’re running this. My problem could have gotten someone hurt or killed. Near, I wasn't mad at me, but the situation. Please, Near. I'm so tired right now.”

"Dean will make Near a promise first."

“All right, Near. Whatever will stop this, I'll promise.”

"That if Dean feels tired, Dean will speak out..now and in the future. If Dean is hurt, Dean will inform someone. That Dean will not hold people to one standard and Dean to another."

“To a point, Near. If the lives of my companions requires that I stay strong and alert and in charge, I'll put that first. If I'm in charge, they are my responsibility. Anything else, yeah, I will.

"That is why L and Bobby are second in command. Dean is not solely responsible. It is time Dean learns to utilize the team instead of feeling that everything is on Dean's shoulders," the teen pointed out.

“Near, Bobby, yes. L, to an extent on a lot of things, but I still read the lay of the land best and Bobby knows that. It's my job, Near. Now I want to go to the top floor and find Sam and Lisa. Okay?”

Near opened the door, moving out of the way.

Dean started to leave, but stopped, and turned. “Are you angry with me, or tantamount to what constitutes as anger for you?”

"Near does not feel anger," came the soft response.

“Something made you open the door the way you did and move aside the way you did. I just get the feeling things aren't right between us now.”

His voice was quiet. "Near does not understand why Dean does what Dean has done.Things are not logical."

“Near, I'm not doing anything wrong or trying to hurt myself. I'm a doing a job that requires that I keep the people I'm leading protected. It means, if something dangerous is ahead of us, I lead. If we're being followed or are trying to get out of a dangerous situation, I go last. It's the rules of the game, Near. I utilized Bobby and L a lot when I really started getting tired and knew I'd drag them down. I did the only thing I knew to do to bring everyone, including Tweedledum and Tweedledee, safely home. I did that except for the poison ivy. I'm not trying to make myself less or anything else. It's my job. It's what I do.”

Near nodded, letting him pass.

“Are we all right? No more problems? If there is, we'll talk til it's right.”

"Everything is fine," he told him quietly. Granted, he didn't understand some things but attributed that to his lack of communication skills.

“Thank you for caring, Near. I'd hug you, but you wouldn't want all this guck on you.” Dean turned to leave, stopped and looked back. “Thank you for seeing us through, today. Your calm voice averted a lot of panic.”

"Near spoke no differently than Near usually does." He was confused now.

“Your voice in those earphones instills confidence and the belief that everything will be okay because you know what to do.”

"If Dean says so," he said softly.

“Dean says so, Near; and he's grateful. Thank you. I need to get upstairs before I find it to hard to stand. I'll see you later. Let's plan on the meal at a steak house in the next couple of days. Okay?”

Near nodded, white strands of hair falling into his face.

Dean made his way slowly to the elevator, fighting serious exhaustion at this point. He was having trouble thinking clearly. Things were spinning a little. He felt nauseated. He stepped into the elevator and hit the top floor button.

Sam had taken Lisa aside and told her all that had happened. They headed to the elevator to go find Dean. The elevator door opened and Dean tried to smile and walk towards them. Things were spinning worse, He almost got out of the elevator.

“Hi, Lisa. Hey, Sam, you guys did a good job.” Dean was feeling dizzier by the minute. “I think I need to get to my room. Sam, would you stick around? Sarah could come. We could eat together. I'm just feeling dizzy and think I need to take care of things to help me feel better.”

Sam slipped an arm around him to help him since he spotted him wobbling on his feet. "That sounds good," he said. "Let's get you upstairs and cleaned up before the ladies come to eat with us."

Dean was too tired to argue, letting Sam take the lead. “Thanks, Sammy, “ he murmured. “I love you, Lisa.”

"Love you too, Dean. Clean up and we'll be up there in a bit."

“I will miss bathing with you but I think I might be too dirty today.”

She laughed. "Just slightly."

“Will you stay the night and cuddle with me?”

"You know I will but if you don't get your butt into your room right now, I'll make you an apple pie and let Ben eat it all," she said sternly.

“You wouldn't do something like that, would you?” Sam, tell her I love her, and I'll go to my room.”

"Come on, Dean," he was fighting back laughter as he helped his brother to his room.

“I don't think I'm all here, Sammy. Something's not right with my head... I think. Hell, I'm not sure. I can't think straight. I hoped to talk about what happened today. I think those two guys of L's are morons. They can't think at all, Sammy. Maybe I am smart. I know I'm not that stupid.”
"You're tired, Dean. When people are this tired, they can say some pretty goofy things." Once in the room, he braced his brother against the wall and started the shower. Dean leaned against the wall, his head back, eyes closed. “Damn, this almost feels like drunk only more tiring. gave them nicknames, Sammy.” Dean chuckled. “The names fit them. They really did. You should a seen them when we caught them.” He shook his blackened head, hazel eyes staring out at his brother. “They were so funny.”

Sam snickered, pulling his hand back after he got the shower the right temperature. "It definitely fit. Now...can you shower by yourself or are you too tired?"

His brother stared at him, a look of confusion on his blackened face. His mouth opened and shut several times. “I don't know.”

He stripped to his boxers, then helped his brother undress. "Come on you."

“What the hell are you doing?” Dean's attention turned to Sam. He stared at his brother and his eyes grew large. “Sammy, you been messing with a vampire coven? You got bites all over you, man”

Sam winked. "Sarah can be a bit brutal." He gently pushed Dean into the shower and stepped in, wetting the other's hair so he could wash it.

The hunter stood under the hot water, and turned his face into it, black ash and soot trickling down his body. “Sammy? You and Sarah aren't virgins with each other any more? “

"We are. She just decided to play a bit." He worked shampoo into his brother's hair.

Dean leaned into the the hands scrubbing his scalp and moaned a little. “That feels good, Sam. Thank you. Lisa wants to wait and take time for me to know her and Ben better. I agree with that. I really do. I guess she took you last night? Now that would be fun.“ Dean leaned against the shower stall, head back. I must be out of my mind. I've been exhausted before, Sam. I've never talked like a fool when I was tired. Sheesh, man. Look what I've been saying. I know I joke about women, but not these two.”

He pressed soap into Dean's hand. "Start washing while I do this."

Dean scrubbed his face, neck, and entire body where he could reach until he was blood red. “Can you get my back and the back of my neck?”

"I will but don't ask me to get your ass." He was teasing his brother.

“I don't go that way, Sammy. Lisa's the only one who can touch that now. No one else. All of me is hers. I sure as hell hope I'm back to normal tomorrow and I don't remember any of this. Wonder what L did with Tweedledum and Tweedledee?”

"I don't know," he answered, finishing with Dean's hair and started the neck and back.

Sam stepped out of the shower and reached in and turned it off. Dean had his head leaning against the back wall of the shower, looking down, water dripping from his hair, nose, and chin. Wet, Sam realized just how long Dean's hair had gotten. “Can you hand me a towel, Sam, please?”

He handed him one and then took another, drying himself off.

The girls had asked Watari for a good meal for them, knowing Dean needed something substantial to regain strength. They had entered his room, and were sitting at the table, talking when Dean walked out in a towel.

"We have food. You look better," Lisa told him.

“Thank you. Food sounds like a good idea. Let me get something on.” He went to his duffel, and bent over digging for boxers, sweat bottoms, and a t-shirt, as Sam exited the bathroom. Lisa's brow went up. Sam rushed to his brother at that moment, when Sarah started laughing. The towel around the hunter's waist had come off.

Sam managed to stand between his brother and the women, hiding his face in his hands and tried not to laugh. Dean, not realizing, or perhaps not caring at that moment, put his clothes on. He turned and was nose to back with his brother. “Sam, personal space, man.” Both girls started laughing.

"Keep your damn towel on next time. I don't think you'd like it if you mooned the ladies with that ass of yours."

Dean turned very pale. “I did?" He looked at both of them, realizing from their expressions that they'd seen more then his ass. He turned blood red and headed for the door in embarrassment.They could hear him swearing as he grabbed the knob.

Lisa got up and dragged him to the table. "Stop it, silly. It's a fine ass so don't worry too much."

Dean sat down, eyes closed, face beet red. He knew he had been bending over, and to steady himself, since he was so tired, his legs were not together. He put his head in one of his hands. He face grew redder if that were possible.

Sarah looked at him, thinking again that he wasn't a bad looking man. After what she saw, she knew Lisa had a fine one. Not her Sam, but still fine. “Dean, how can you be embarrassed by us seeing what so many have longed for.“ She looked up and winked at Sam, grinning.
Sam looked at her for a moment, then shook his head.

Dean's facial expression was one of shock. “Sam, how the hell can I hang around her knowing she saw...” Both women started laughing hysterically. Dean turned red again. “That's not what I meant!”

"You've lost this one Dean. Just let it go." Sam snickered.

Dean's red face turned towards his brother. "Could you?"

"I've learned when to admit defeat," he grinned. "You can't play this one off. Come on and have dinner," Sam teased.

"Yeah. Be another thing if Lisa'd seen you blowing in the wind. What did Watari bring?"

"A really nice chef's salad, soup, and an apple crumb cake for dessert," Sarah said, taking a sip of her iced tea.

Dean removed the lid from his tray. The soup was some kind of broth. He'd never been into having broth, but took a sip, and smiled. He ate a bite of the salad. Watari had placed Caesar dressing on his. He was content with the meal, and was trying to stay alert and have conversation with everyone. This was their first dinner as a foursome and he was proud of that achievement in his and Sam's lives.

The girls chatted with them as they enjoyed the meal together.

Every once in a while, Dean's hand would glide across the table and touch Lisa's, his smile so tender. She would squeeze his hand with a smile of her own, than go back to eating and chatting.

Sam kept a close eye on him. Dean was still very pale. He had so wanted to ask about Tweedledee and Tweedledum. Dean was embarrassing so easily right now, that it was incredibly tempting. As messed up as his mind was from exhaustion, he would probably tell the truth. He wouldn't remember how to lie. Sam snorted at that thought.

He swallowed a bite of his salad. "Dean, you called the two guys something interesting. Never heard you use that before."

"I did? What?" Dean asked, taking a long thirsty drink of tea.

"Tweedledee and Tweedledum," he told him.

Tea sprayed across the table, and Dean jumped up, apologizing to the ladies. A look like a cross between panic and horror filled his face.

Lisa looked at Dean. "There's no problem here, Dean, and no reason to act like that."

Dean looked horrified. "No...you...you don't. Damn it, Sammy, leave me alone." Sam knew he had him.

She rose. "Dean..what's the problem?!"

Sarah looked surprised. "All Sam said was Tweedledee and Tweedle.......oh! Where'd you read about them?"

"There's nothing to be ashamed of for knowing any references to Alice in Wonderland," she informed him.

Sam looked at his brother. "But Dean hasn't read Alice in Wonderland, Lisa. That's not a guy book at all. Is it Dean?"

Sara and Lisa both glared at him. "Since when?!"

"It's a Dean thing. I've read it when I was in elementary school. That's Through the Looking Glass. You had to have read quite a bit, Dean. You finished it yet, or are you hiding it?"

Lisa got up, pulling Dean back to the table. "Stop it," she told him. "You've done nothing to be ashamed of."

"It's a kid's book, hon."

"A lot of people think so but it actually isn't," Sarah told him and began to explain in regards to the references to drug use and how mathematicians used it a lot.

"Are you telling me the little cakes and the mushroom are drugs?"

Sam grinned. "Okay, where's it hidden?"

The younger Winchester's fiance bopped him upside the head and reprimanded him softly for teasing Dean over this.

"Some people think so," Lisa told him.

"Then the caterpillar was smoking opium from the hookah? Damn! I thought it was a kid's story. It's damned good, too."

"It is a good story, one of the best," she said with a smile.

"I promised it to Near when I finish it. I got it yesterday."

Sam frowned. "Dean, yesterday? Tweedledum and Tweedledee are in the middle of the second book?"

Dean looked surprised. "I can read fast, Sammy."

"Damn, it took me longer to get to that part. Nice job."

Sarah grinned, "It is a nice job, Dean. Now, where did you hide it?"

Lisa shook her head. It wasn't good that Dean was hiding books. Everyone was happy he was expanding his mind in literature but to hide it?

Dean had turned red, face in palm. Sam smiled, "I looked around just now. Only place he could have hidden it.....under the mattress. Dean, you don't have to hide books from me. I know it was me. you were hiding it from."

Dean's mind was feeling almost cloudy. Thoughts were too thick to separate. He looked up at his brother. "I think I need to get to the bed."

Lisa nodded, guiding him to bed while Sara and Sam headed out to leave the couple alone. h

As Dean tried to lift himself onto the bed, he whispered softly, "I'm sorry for hiding the book, Lisa. It's a brother thing. Sam would have done the same thing to me."

"Sam knows you were worried about him teasing you.That's an old mind set that needs to stop, love."

"It's a guy thing, Lisa. A guy just doesn't want other guys knowing he's reading Alice in Wonderland instead of Tom Clancy."

"It's a piece of classical literature," she pointed out.

"I found it in the children's section. You never see it in the adult literature section unless it's the annotated one."

"Thank Disney for that," she said as she laid down beside him.

"Yeah, I guess they ruined a lot of stories with their movies." Dean moved closer and soon his head was touching her. She heard his slow, steady breathing. He was asleep.

Lisa drifted to sleep fairly quickly as well.

Sarah walked hand in hand with Sam. "You have a good brother, Sam. He's so easy to tease, though. I like him. He's cute and charming, but he's not you." Sarah got a mischievous smile on her face. Standing on tiptoes she whispered in his ear, "My bed or yours?

Sam grinned, tossed her over his shoulder and headed towards his room. Sarah had a smile of major contentment on her face. This was a side of Sam she hadn't seen yet, but she liked it.





No comments:

Post a Comment