Jensenfan1978's playlist


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Learning Dean Winchester: Chapter Eight



        In his drugged induced haze, Dean stared at the tears and sorrow on his brother’s face.

        “Done?” he whispered in a hoarse voice.

        “Dean, I probably have a long way to go, but  this is a start for me.  I kept deserting you over and over all of my life.   I’m sorry.  I think it never really registered in my head how important family was to you.”

        “Sammy?”  Dean coughed and grabbed his abdomen in pain.  His brother grabbed the glass of water and gave him a drink.  The injured man nodded showing he was finished.  “Damn it, Sammy, what the hell are you talking about?”

        “When you killed Dick Roman with Cas’ help both of you disappeared.  Crowley took Kevin and Meg and told me I had better start killing the Leviathans that were left.  I was completely alone, Dean.  I lost it.  Maybe it was shock.  All I knew was you were gone.  My mind told me you were dead, Man.  I couldn’t think.  I was in this cloud of fear, panic, and loss.  I got in the car and I drove for days, weeks…I don’t know how long.  When I met Amelia, she was running too.  It just happened with her.  We needed each other. “

        The green eyes stared up the younger man.  Dean did not answer.  Sam wasn’t sure if he’d done more damage or helped by confessing to his brother.  They stared at each other until Sam saw one long tear run down his brother’s cheek.  The taller man broke into tears.

        “I’m sorry, Dean.  I thought everything I knew was gone forever and I couldn’t do it alone.  I’m sorry.”

        “It’s gonna be okay, Sammy.  I’m glad you told me what happened.   I love you, Man.  Talk to me.  Okay?”

        Sam laid his head on Dean’s lap and murmured, “Okay.”  Dean put  a hand on his brother’s head and ran his fingers through the long hair. 

        Cas returned to replace Sam, but when he saw both brothers asleep on the bed, he smiled.  Sam had Dean in his arms and held him gently, his own head leaning against the injured man’s.

        The angel nodded and disappeared.  It was one victory in healing the boys’ relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment