Jensenfan1978's playlist


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com

Monday, September 20, 2010

Supernatural Death Note Chapter 22

Authors: Lady Laran and Tisha Wyman Warnings: Bad language, violence, and some sex. Spoilers: My favorite show is Supernatural. Anyone who knows me will say I am almost obsessed, unless they happen to be Laran, who knows I am. Laran loves Death Note. We both love to write. Never in our wildest dreams did we ever think we'd be writing an alternate universe/crossover between the two. What started as a several chapter story has turned into a novel The story had a life of its own. This saga begins towards the end of season 4 and before L truly got involved with the Death Note. This is a story of healing, family,friendship, humor, and horror. We do not own either show or its characters, but I'd take Dean in a heartbeat. We make no money from them. Thank you for reading. Comments are highly appreciated.

Leaving the Hospital

Time passed as it always does and soon, the doctors had deemed Dean healed enough to rest and finish healing at home. L had sent a car for both patients and Near was resting on one seat when the older Winchester came down.

Dean's smile lit his face when he saw the white head through the window. He slowly climbed into the rear seat, careful of the bandages and sling he wore. He leaned over and leaned his forehead against Near's. “You okay? I've been worried about you.”

"Near is steadily improving. Dean saved Near's life so Near thanks Dean a great deal," came the soft answer.

“I put your life in danger in the first place, Near. You should never have been where Ruby could hurt you.”

"Near would have been in a dangerous position regardless if Dean was there or not."

“Ruby wouldn't have been here if I hadn't brought her down because of Sam. Thanks, though.”

"It is unknown whether or not Ruby would have shown."

“Maybe. I don't know anymore.”

"Near does," came the logical response.

Dean looked at the young man sitting next him, and smiled. “Do you?”

He nodded. "Near does."

A whisper asked, “What do you know, wise Near?”

"Dean carries too much on Dean's shoulders because Dean has not allowed anyone else to share the burden. Near knows that had L not brought Dean into this, the casualties would have been far greater. Near also knows that the future will be more solid with the alliances made."

“We have alliances? What was decided on that, because I don't remember deciding anything, not that I wouldn't. It's a good idea actually.”

White hair brushed against pale skin when Near tilted his head. "Alliances were formed when L agreed to shelter and aid Sam Winchester. Alliances were formed when Dean became Near's friend."

“I never thought of them as alliances, Near. You and I are much more then an alliance. What happened between us was not an alliance made of necessity. It was made because we liked each other.”

He nodded. "Near understands. So does Dean?"

“Yeah, Near, I do now. We did need each other, didn't we? Just never thought of it as an alliance before. I do now.”

"Alliances can be based on a great many things or so Near understands it."

“Yes, I guess they can.”

He gave a pleased nod.

“You got any idea where we're going?”

The limo pulled up into a heavy looking building that had high security.

Dean tensed a little wondering what he was getting into.

Watari was there to open the door and help them out, bracing both until they were steady on their feet. "It's good to see you both."

“Watari! Man, it's good to see you. Sam and Cas are here, then? How are they both doing?

"Sam is doing well for the most part. It's been interesting cracking through his defenses. L has been helpful for that. Castiel..well..that one has been an unusual guest."

“Yeah, well, about that...Cas doesn't eat or sleep, he refuses to show that he cares about anything, then, suddenly, he'll do something completely out of character that you know there's really something special in there, but he's hiding it. I'm determined to bring it out of him.”

"As is Mello," came the dry response from the old man as he helped the two into the building. Security was obviously tight as he carded them in.

"What the hell is Sam fighting about? Defenses?”

Watari shook his head."He is stubborn about accepting that he is an addict. In his mind, it isn't an addiction."

Dean's eyes showed sadness. “No, I guess he wouldn't. He thinks I'm ruined and it's Lilith's fault and it's his duty to be strong and powerful enough to take her out.” Dean bowed his head a second. Shaking off the feeling, he halfway smiled.. “So, Mello is out to crack Cas? I'd pay to see that.”

"Dean, you shouldn't take it so personally. This is not unusual behavior for any addict. The blame is always placed on someone else."

“I know. I'm the crazy bastard who takes everything personally and blames himself.”

Near answered before Watari could. "Which Dean will stop doing once L and the team get done with Dean. Dean is too strong a person to do such a thing."

The hunter gave the young teen a puzzled look. “You think I'm strong?”

"Near knows it."

Dean grinned, “And how does Near know that?”

Gray eyes looked into hazel. "Near has seen it."

“You've seen it? Well, I guess since we're such good friends, that I will just have to trust you on that one.”

"Dean would be wise to do so." Watari had to hide his smile.

“Okay, Near, I'll trust you, and I don't do that easily, but I will with you.”

"Good." He turned into a large room where L was sitting, reviewing documents. The detective looked up and nodded. "It's good to see you both looking so well. Sit, I'll have tea or coffee brought up."

Dean looked thinner, and was still pale, but better then he'd been days earlier. He winced at the sound of anything to be ingested. “I appreciate the offer, L, but no thanks.”

"When was the last time you've eaten?"

Dean flushed, “Several days, to be honest. I eat it and it comes back up. I think it's one of the pills they put me on after they removed the iv. I mentioned it to the doctor. He gave me a shot of something and said I'd get use to them.”

Watari muttered something and left. He came back with a cup of peppermint tea. "I shall have something for the nausea called in and brought to you. You won't heal if you don't eat."

“I've tried, Watari,” Dean whispered softly, as he took the tea. “The shot worked for the rest of the day. It came back and he said I'd get used to it and suggested foods to eat. Only thing staying down is ice. I suck on it to keep some fluids in me. The guy must be nuts. Couldn't they try some other antibiotic and pain pill?”

"There's something else that can accompany that. Try the tea for now. I put a call in to L's personal doctor."

“I'm sorry, Watari. I did try, but when I don't feel right, it's hard to fight back like I normally would.”

"This isn't your fault at all," he reassured him. His cell rang and the older man answered it, then smiled. "It's handled. Pardon me." He left the room.

Dean sat on the sofa, took a sip of the tea, his eyes lighting up at the flavor. He liked it. He slowly took another sip, closing his eyes, waiting to see if he was going to be sick again. It didn't seem to be happening with the tea. He sighed, smiled, and took another sip.

"Watari knows his teas," L commented, eyes focused on his screens. "He's nursed a few sick children through his life."

“Yeah,” Dean whispered, “and a few sick adults too.”

A small smile curved the detective's lips. "That too.”

Dean had finished his tea, with a sigh, and leaned his head back against the large cushioned back of the sofa. Holding the empty cup in his hands, he listened to the quiet sounds in the room, finding them comforting in an odd way. He drifted off.

L worked through various cases, occasionally turning on a screen to check on something before going back to his tasks. He'd finished a few cases, rather simple ones in his mind.

Near, sat in a chair, sipping tea, and watching the hunter sleep.

The detective finally sent his heir to sleep, knowing that he too had a lot of healing to undergo. Watari, who had entered, seconded the motion, so the white haired teenager went to follow his mentor's orders.

Dean heard the voices and movements, and his eyes slowly opened, and Near heard a him speak softly, “Rest well, Near.”

Near nodded and went to his room while Watari looked at Dean. "I have something called phenargan. Are you familiar with it?"

The hunter looked at the older man. “It's what was in the shot the doc gave me. It worked good.”

"I have it in pill format. Take one, I'll bring you something to eat."

Dean's hand was a little shaky as he took the pill and swallowed it dry.

A few moments later, a bowl of soup and a light salad were placed in front of him.

Dean slowly ate the soup and some of the salad. It didn't take him long to get full.

Watari gave him a pleased smile. "Good, we need to get you back up to a healthy weight."

The hunter looked concerned, “I lose much?”

"You lost a bit, which we will get back on you." L nodded absently in agreement. "The Winchesters will leave this place in full health..physically and emotionally."

Dean smiled, but looked concerned. “How long will that take, L? I'm kind of in the middle of a war, you know?”

"There is no time limit on this, and I am endeavoring to end this war." His voice was grim.

“Well, I don't think I have any strength left to argue with you, besides, you haven't exactly released me yet, have you? If you can end the damn thing without Lucifer being released, I'd be forever grateful.”

He nodded. "I will perform to my utmost capabilities. In the meantime, just rest and heal."

Dean sighed, and lay back against the cushions of the sofa, and was soon fast asleep.







No comments:

Post a Comment