Jensenfan1978's playlist


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Supernatural Death Note Chapter 26

Authors: Lady Laran and Tisha Wyman Warnings: Bad language, violence, and some sex. Spoilers: My favorite show is Supernatural. Anyone who knows me will say I am almost obsessed, unless they happen to be Laran, who knows I am. Laran loves Death Note. We both love to write. Never in our wildest dreams did we ever think we'd be writing an alternate universe/crossover between the two. What started as a several chapter story has turned into a novel The story had a life of its own. This saga begins towards the end of season 4 and before L truly got involved with the Death Note. This is a story of healing, family,friendship, humor, and horror. We do not own either show or its characters, but I'd take Dean in a heartbeat. We make no money from them. Thank you for reading. Comments are highly appreciated.

Morning

The room was still quite dark, although it was late morning. Dean was still flat on his back in sweats, bathrobe, and slippers, head back, mouth open, and dead to the world. He had not moved at all, because any movement niggled at his sleeping mind that he hurt.

Watari knocked on the door, bringing in a breakfast tray.

Dean made the mistake of jerking awake and a sharp cry came out before he clamped down on his lips to quiet himself. He hissed softly and lay flat, realizing he hadn't moved.

“Damn! That hurt like hell. I'm sorry, Watari. I guess I didn't move last night. Every muscle I didn't use while I slept is telling me it's got knots and lots of little cramps. That's not counting the gun shot wounds and the breaks. What a way to start the day. Give me a few moments to negotiate with myself and see if I can't get out of this bed.” Dean halfway laughed as he said it.

"If you can sit up, I'll see what I can do to aid you." He set the tray down.

Dean used all the strength in his left arm and side to heave himself up. He turned white but managed it.

“You know, you really don't realize how much you need both sides.”

He nodded, setting out medicines and a glass of water. Once Dean was in position, Watari massaged the aching muscles of the rest of the body to help loosen them so the hunter could move.

Dean had not realized how much the stress of the night before had tensed his muscles, and sleeping flat on his back with no movement had not allowed them to unkink, stretch, and relax. He bit his lip a number of times, grunted once or twice when one was really knotted. When Watari was done, the hunter looked at him and nodded gratefully, saying, “Thank you.”

"You're welcome. Come and take your meds before you can eat."

Dean slowly moved his slipper clad feet over the side of the bed, then frowned. He still had on a robe and slippers? He knew he was tired, and he thought he remembered being dizzy, but not much of it. The look of surprise, amused Watari.

"You were fairly exhausted so we decided not to bother you by removing the robe or slippers."

“You came in and checked on me during the night?” The surprise in the young man's voice was definitely audible.

He nodded. "L and I both did."

From the look on the hunter's face, Watari realized he didn't know how to respond to that. “I um....I...hell, Watari, that surprises me, but thank you.”

"You are most welcome. Now come and take your medication so you can eat."

Dean took the pills and the glass of water, and swallowed them down, draining the water. “Where do you want me, Sir.”

"There's a table here if you think you can manage?"

“Yeah, I think so, thank you.” The older Winchester slowly moved to the table and sat in a chair. “What time is it?”

"Ten a.m.," he helped him get comfortable, pouring some hot tea for him. He knew Dean preferred coffee but strong caffeine was not allowed for the time being.

After staring at the hot beverage, a pair of confused hazel eyes gazed up at the older man.

"The doctors put you and Near on a special diet for a bit, especially you. Apparently, you've been eating the wrong foods for too long."

“There's something else wrong too? What's wrong with my food?

"Dean, how often do you eat vegetables?"

“I eat lettuce, tomato, onion, potatoes, and cucumbers. Pickles are cucumbers.”

"Also known as the trimming on hamburgers and french fries, am I correct?"

“Yeah, but I eat steak and baked potato when we can afford to, but that's not often. I get burritos sometimes when we are in a hurry and they're available at a store. I'll have bacon, sausage, eggs, toast, or pancakes for breakfast. I have my coffee. We get cokes or water.”

He shook his head. "You're not eating enough of the right things. The food you're eating now is high in the wrong types of fats and cholesterol."

“What am I supposed to eat? Rabbit food?”
"Steaks are good if grilled, chicken, fish, some pork, vegetables," he listed on his fingers the healthier alternatives. "You'll be on L's payroll now so you can afford to eat healthier. Dean, you're borderline on blood pressure issues."

“Well, that's not necessarily food. When you're on the road all the time, you eat where you can find food. It's seldom healthy, unless you eat the crap Sam does.”

"It is food. Dean, at least try to cut out the fried foods and eat a side salad instead of french fries. Also, vitamins."

“Salads? Next thing you're gonna tell me is I have to drink those vegetable or tofu shakes Sam drinks. Man!”

The older man took on a stance that L and the heirs were painfully familiar with. "Do you want a heart attack before you're fifty, Dean?"

Remembering the heart attack that should have killed him when he got hit by the taser in the water, Dean grew sober. He shook his head. “No, Sir.”

"Then you have to change your eating habits. Physically, you're at the right weight but you're eating things that are killing you."

“Okay, I can't do this with Sam. He'll kill me. What do I have to eat, and what can't I have?”

"Cut out the fried foods, cut back on the starches. Instead of french fries, go for a side salad or baked potato." He listed what would be a tasty alternative.

“I guess that means no drinks? No beer or a glass of whiskey?”

"Cut back..seriously." He gave him the amount of alcohol that Dean could have a week to keep it in a healthy level. "However, given the issues you're working through, alcohol isn't a good thing. It's a depressant."

“It deadens things sometimes, but no alcohol. I guess girls come next?”

"I shouldn't even be having a conversation on safety measures at your age, hmm?" His eyes were twinkling.

“I know what a condom is.”

"Then I shouldn't even have to answer that."

“I just wanted to know if having a different girl every night was considered unhealthy.? Everything else seems to be.”

"Every night?" Okay, he'd never had to worry about this with L.

Dean blushed a little. “Sam says I'm a magnet. Waitresses, librarians,...hell, Watari, they give me their numbers. I've seldom had to ask, except for the ladies. Cassie and Lisa are good examples of ladies. Then...well, there was Anna. She's a fallen angel.” Dean almost winced when he said it.

The elderly man coughed slightly. "Just..be cautious and safe. Test yourself every so often as well."

He nodded. "Good."

Dean grinned, glad that at least something was still on the menu.

"Now, breakfast before it gets cold."

Dean nodded, almost scared of what might now be considered a healthy breakfast.

There was a toasted bagel with cream cheese, hot tea, sliced fruit, and bacon. The difference was that this was turkey bacon, which was healthier.

“Tea's high in caffeine, isn't it?” Dean stared at the bagel with what looked like white butter on it. Fruit and bacon he recognized in relief. He picked up the bagel and cream cheese, having no idea what it was. He bit into it. It didn't taste bad, but it wasn't exactly breakfast either. He sighed, determined to get used to it somehow.

"Herbal which is naturally decaffeinated."

“So, it's not real tea either? I sometimes work real long hours. The caffeine keeps me awake. Hell, that means no cokes either, or chocolate.”

A horrible thought crossed his mind. Does that mean sweets too?”

"Within moderation..though I can't say much considering my charges' dietary habits. However, I do manage to swap sweets around on them so they don't have that high a sugar intake."

“Well, the only thing I can't give up is pie, preferably apple, but I'll take any.” Dean tried a slice of bacon. It was okay except it was very, very thin. He really liked his thick with rind on it but doubted he'd ever see it again.

"Can be made with sugar substitutes to be healthier."

“That's one I will have to taste to prove it to me.”

He grinned. "You should know I don't back down from challenges."

Dean grinned, “Okay, I like my crust light and flaky with a hint of cinnamon sugar on it. The filling has to be hot and taste..damn, there's not a word for it.”

“A soft chuckle came from the older man. "Understood."

“Okay, if I have my dream apple pie, I can deal with the rest. What is on for the rest of the day, besides resting?”

"A group of technicians were sent to help scan and upload Bobby's library to an online database. He, Matt, and Mello are trying to organize it now. You can help if you like."

“Organizing on a computer? Ummm....That's really more Sam's idea of fun. I can hunt for what I need, look things up, but organizing it can give you a lot of trouble.”

"You can suggest on what would make it easier. We need it from a non-technical person's point of view."

Dean had been sure that Watari was planning some kind of session to talk and dissect what had gone on in the 'The Room' last night. He knew it had to be done, but this job seemed like a 'get out of jail free' card for him. He grinned.

“Yeah, I can do that.”

Watari nodded. He'd wanted to give Dean time with the boys and let him relax. "Good. Do you think you can bend enough for a wash and change of clothing?"

“I'll find a way. The spit baths at the hospital are horrible.”

He nodded. "I'll leave some clothing out for you. I think you'll feel better after cleaning up."

“I can't get the blasted robe off. If there's someone gentle who can help get if off the bandages on the right side, I'd appreciate it. I miss my t-shirts but can't get one on. Don't think this bulk would fit.”

"Up you get, I'll help you get this off."

Dean stood up and walked slowly over to Watari, a slight look of concern on his face. He was ready to grit his teeth or bite his lower lip if need be.

The older man was gentle, helping him to remove the robe without causing any pain.

The hunter's look of relief was almost comical. “”Thanks, Watari.” He headed to the bathroom. He knew a shower was out of the question. A tub bath would be impossible to get out of. “Damn it,” he muttered under his breath. “Another friggin' spit bath.”
There was a knowing smile as he held up a package of saran wrap. "We can cover the bandages, let you shower."

“Oh thank you!” could be heard after a large sigh. Dean walked over to Watari to get saran wrapped.

The wrapping was applied. "Call me when you get out. I'll help you finish up."

“Thank you, sir.” Dean headed back into the bathroom, leaned in and adjusted the shower. He sat on the commode, slipped off the slippers, and began to inch down sweats and boxers. It was a little hard, one-handed, but he managed. He stepped into the hot shower and just stood there for a minute, allowing the steaming mist to run over his hair and face and down his body, savoring the feeling.

Watari laid out fresh clothing for him, tidying up the room as well.

Dean found a body scrunchy thing. He'd never used one, but always thought they were a good idea. The body bath soap smelled like a forest in the spring. It was not feminine in any way. He wet the scrunchy thing and set it down and saw a flip top on the soap. He finally used his teeth to open it and poured a large amount in the scrunchy. He managed to get a large portion of his anatomy bathed, except for his left arm. He figured it was a small price to pay. He saw the shampoo, contemplating it. He needed his hair washed badly, and thought what the hell, he could try. He managed fairly well....it just took longer. He did not want to get out of the water, but knew he was running up a massive water bill, so he turned the faucet to off, reached out, and grabbed the towel.

Watari heard the water turn off and smiled to himself. Dean had finished sooner than he'd thought, meaning the boy had more self control than he'd anticipated. Given the amount of damage and length of time without a proper shower, he'd expected him to stay longer. The toothbrush and toothpaste were resting on the sink at an angle Dean would spot.

Dean was dripping water everywhere, trying to dry his body with one hand and arm. He could only reach parts of his back. He sat down to do his legs. He could not dry all of his arm. He tried getting his hair as dry as he could. He saw the toothbrush and toothpaste, and actually grinned in satisfaction.

The older man waited patiently. "Dean, I have clothing. I'll hand them through the door to you."

A damp hand and arm reached through the door, reaching for the whatever clothing Watari had deemed easy enough for him to handle.

Light weight pajama pants and boxers were passed through. Watari would give him a clean robe once the boy was out and ready for help.

The hunter was grateful for the clean clothing, even if he didn't recognize them. His needed a good washing. They hadn't had the time recently to do laundry. He sat back on the commode, jumped up, wiped it down with a towel, and redried his rear. He sat back down and worked to get the boxers and pajama bottoms on. He looked for the slippers and slipped his feet back into them. He walked to through the door, his hair going everywhere, but he felt comfortable.

The older male chuckled. "Feel better?"

A grin was given in return for the chuckle, and Dean replied, “Yes, Sir, I do. Thank you.”

"You are most welcome. Let's get the saran wrap off of you and a robe on before you catch cold."

Dean walked towards Watari, and stood still, letting him remove the plastic wrap. The older man worked to get the robe on over the wounded right side of the younger man's body.

Soon they had Dean in his robe and ready to face the day.

The younger man looked a little tired from all the work but he felt contented.









No comments:

Post a Comment