Jensenfan1978's playlist


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Supernatural Death Note Chapter 41

Authors: Lady Laran and Tisha Wyman Warnings: Bad language, violence, and some sex. Spoilers: My favorite show is Supernatural. Anyone who knows me will say I am almost obsessed, unless they happen to be Laran, who knows I am. Laran loves Death Note. We both love to write. Never in our wildest dreams did we ever think we'd be writing an alternate universe/crossover between the two. What started as a several chapter story has turned into a novel The story had a life of its own. This saga begins towards the end of season 4 and before L truly got involved with the Death Note. This is a story of healing, family,friendship, humor, and horror. We do not own either show or its characters, but I'd take Dean in a heartbeat. We make no money from them. Thank you for reading. Comments are highly appreciated.

Interlude

Dean felt exhausted, almost listless. He knew he ought to try to get up, but there was no energy, no strength left in him at this moment to do anything except what he was doing. He had his head on top of Sam's, and he closed his eyes.

A soft tap on the door broke the silence.

“They heard and saw everything, Sam. Come in.”

Watari came in. "I thought you two could use a snack. I'm breaking the diet a bit in light of the fact you need energy."

“Thank you, Watari,”Dean spoke sofly from the floor in front of Sam's chair. “What did you bring us?”

Banana splits were revealed, doused in all the rich gooey extras. Sodas were waiting as well.

Dean's eyes lit up a bit. “Are you sure?”

He smiled, gesturing for the two to come and enjoy.

Dean groaned, “Sammy, my legs are numb. I've been on them since I got down here. I can't feel a damn thing right now.”

He rose, helping his brother to his feet. "Better?"

Dean took step and his legs went out from under him, he threw his left arm out to catch himself and forced himself to roll away from his right side. Sam heard the thud and an “hmph” sound. Watari's eyes grew large in surprise.

"Damn, Dean, I'm sorry, I thought you had it." He and Watari helped him sit up.

A rather loud stream of profanity could be heard.

"It's all right. Let's get you to the table. The blood should resume flowing properly by then."

“Thanks.”

The two men lifted him up and helped him walk towards the table.

“I sure as hell hope it has a ton of hot fudge on it,” Dean muttered.

Watari looked at Sam and they both started laughing. There was. Watari had not skimped on it. Dean thanked the older man profusely. This would make anyone feel better, and he needed it right now.

"You're welcome, Dean. Don't expect it too often though," he teased.

Dean looked up at him. “Well, if it takes what happened tonight to get one, you're right, I won't.”

Watari's smile was gentle. "You two made considerable progress. We're pleased."

“That's good,” Dean said quietly. "I don't think I can do much of this in one day again, please.”

"You won't be expected to. As long as progress continues. You two surprised us a bit with how willing you were to confront things and not argue over it."

Dean seemed surprised. “That wasn't arguing?”

Sam swallowed a bit of his soda. "I think they were expecting drag out fights."

“Oh. I'm sorry, Watari, my fighting was all spent this morning on that wall a few hallways down. I just didn't have any left.”

"Either way, it still worked out well for both of you."

“That's good to know. How did it work out well for us? Ummm, besides the treat?”

"You confronted issues that were bothering you, gave yourselves goals to work on, and established a base idea on how to work on it."

“Yeah, I guess we did, didn't we?” Dean still sounded exhausted and listless. His eyes kept drooping. He was enjoying the treat though. He smiled softy at things that were said, but made very little contribution to the conversation.

"You did. Once you two finish your treats, head on to bed. Dean, here are your meds. I'll be by with breakfast in the morning."

Dean swallowed the pills. “Watari, are we having one on one again after breakfast?”

He nodded. "You're with L tomorrow morning."

Dean nodded. “Okay.”

"Sam can go back to his room if he so wishes or remain here."

“Thank you. Sam?”

"Up to you," he answered tiredly.

“I've got no problem either way, Sam. You look tired. You're two floors away, aren't you? You're welcome to stay, you know. It's a big bed. Don't have to sleep as close as we did earlier.”

"Think I will," he answered

“Sounds good. Think I'll just get a sponge bath tonight. Watari, do you think I could get some help again tomorrow so I can take a shower? Sam, there's plenty of towels and stuff if you want one tonight. You're welcome to use a pair of my sweats. I know they'll be above your ankles.”

"Not a problem, Dean. We can tend to that after breakfast and before L meets with you." Sam had finished his snack and headed to the shower, snagging said sweats.

“Thank you, Watari. Do you know what he wants to talk about tomorrow?”

"No, I don't. By the way, I checked on Near earlier, he's doing better."

“Thank you. Tell him I miss him, but I'm dealing right now. He'll know what I mean.”

Dean muttered, “I've been worried about him.”

"He's resting but I will pass on the message."

“Thank you. After today, I'm beginning to think that things won't be restful around here until this whole thing is taken care of.The session with you this morning. Then Sam about last night. We at least talked, and we've been talking all day. Tonight, I thought was gonna be about him. It started out that way, and I was trying to help him, but somehow, it got turned around on me. My emotions are so frazzled right now, I don't even know what direction I'm moving in.”

"You'll regain your emotional footing soon enough," he reassured him. "Right now, you're confronting a lot of issues."

“Yeah, more then I thought I had, actually.”

"You're reopening wounds that you'd thought you'd healed and dealt with. It's not unexpected."

“Yeah, but a lot more then I expected, Watari, and I'm not sure yet where to find solid ground.”

"Give it time," he advised the young man. "Give it time."

“Yeah, I'll try.”

"Good, now rest. I shall see you in the morning."

“Night, Watari.” Dean sat at the table, waiting til Sam was done.”

Sam came out a short time after the older man had left. "Ok, I feel human again," he laughed, then yawned.

His brother grinned, “Probably smell better too Go on to bed. I'm going to at least sponge myself down as much as I can. I'll be in in a few minutes.”

Dean slowly got up, checking to make sure his legs would hold him, and headed towards the bathroom. The younger Winchester chose a side of the bed and laid down, yawning loudly again.

Dean was back in 15 minutes, and turned out the lights, moving slowly to the bed he slept on the opposite side from where he usually slept, so he would not force Sam to sleep facing his face. It was either his back or his left side. He noticed that Sam took the protector's side closest the door, which was his usual side. It made sense. He could do little if needed. Plus, Sam can sleep on either side, and he couldn't, and he did like to sleep facing out at times, and he did miss sleeping on his stomach. He be so glad when he was healed.

He worked to get himself onto the bed without throwing himself onto his back on it. It was a high bed. He did not want to wake up his brother.

"'Night, Dean," he mumbled.

“I thought you were asleep, Sam. You don't mind if I make a little movement here so I can get on this bed?”

"Go for it, I didn't drift off 'cause I knew you'd have to squirm a bit to get comfortable with those injuries." It was why he'd chosen this side too.

As Dean had said, it was a big bed, so Sam really expected to feel very little. He was surprised when the entire bed shook violently. Dean finally squirmed around and found a good position.

“Night, Sam,” he said, leaving his brother wondering what the hell he'd just done.

"Dean?"

“Yeah?”

"What did you just do?"

“Get into bed.”

"Dude, the whole bed shook."

“Yeah, I know.”

"Did you drop into it?" Which wasn't good for his shoulder, seriously.

“Kinda sorta.”

"Not good for your shoulder, Dean."

“Sammy, you're a sasquatch and this is a tall bed. I bet, with those legs of yours that you just sat down on it. Well, I can too, with two good arms to lift me up a little. I don't have that, so it's turn your back to it and jump backwards and land on your back. Hurt my shoulder, hell yeah. It does. I'm not gonna climb on a step stool to get into bed when I can't hold on to anything.”

He frowned, not having thought the bed was that high. "Okay. Just be careful. I worry about you."

“I will.”

"Kay," he yawned. "Sleep well."

“Thanks. You, too.” Dean's mind was working overtime, going over everything that had gone on that day. He wanted to think. Instead he dozed off quickly. Watari, understanding the young man more then he understood himself, had given him, in his medications, one of the pills to help him sleep.

Sam dozed off once he sensed Dean's body relax into sleep, still feeling protective over his older brother.





No comments:

Post a Comment