Jensenfan1978's playlist


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com

Friday, September 24, 2010

Supernatural Death Note Chapter 31

Authors: Lady Laran and Tisha Wyman Warnings: Bad language, violence, and some sex. Spoilers: My favorite show is Supernatural. Anyone who knows me will say I am almost obsessed, unless they happen to be Laran, who knows I am. Laran loves Death Note. We both love to write. Never in our wildest dreams did we ever think we'd be writing an alternate universe/crossover between the two. What started as a several chapter story has turned into a novel The story had a life of its own. This saga begins towards the end of season 4 and before L truly got involved with the Death Note. This is a story of healing, family,friendship, humor, and horror. We do not own either show or its characters, but I'd take Dean in a heartbeat. We make no money from them. Thank you for reading. Comments are highly appreciated.

Matt and the 'Journal'

Dean found the elevator and was soon in the room where the others had been working. He found Matt, alone in the room. Walking over slowly, he sat down, finding the seat to be comfortable. He sighed softly, then looked to see what the redhead was doing.

“Hey, Matt. Where is everyone? It has to be past lunchtime because I woke late.”

"Near went to take a nap, Watari insisted. Mello is checking on something for Watari. I take it you're ready for your surprise?"

Dean smiled. “Sure. L said it was in my room?”

"Yep, come on." He rose, stretching and heading for the door.

The older man got up slower then earlier, sighing softly again. 'How long am I gonna feel like this?,' he thought to himself. He made it a point to keep up with the teen. He was starting to hurt, but it could wait.

"If I'm going too fast, tell me." He had seen the flash of pain on Dean's face. "None of us are going to think less of you."

He laughed softly. “The only people who've seen me weak before this trip, have been Bobby, Dad, and Sam...mainly, Sam. I don't count Cas cause I'm not sure if he's human or not.”

"I didn't think these angel things were supposed to be. And besides, you got hurt saving Near. That counts for something." He pushed the elevator call button.

“I didn't believe either, but I have hand prints on my shoulders that aren't gonna go away, but every other scar, broken bone......everything was gone. It was like I'd been reborn. As for Near, well, I'd do it again in a heartbeat.” He followed the teen into the elevator.

The elevator went down a few floors and the pair headed towards Dean's room.

On entering the room, Dean stood by the table, waiting to see what Matt was going to do.

A few moments later, a dark gray laptop was set on the table, cords running to the wall to keep it from running on battery power. A nice leather carrying case was laid there as well.

Dean's mouth opened and his eyes were incredibly wide. “Wh...wha...what is this? L shouldn't have done this. I can't repay it. I thought he meant a notebook and a pen, or at most, a recorder. This is too much, Matt. I've done nothing to deserve this.”

"You are a part of the group now, one of his agents. You'll need reliable means of communication with him. I'll set up the security for it now and an email account. You need to think of passwords that your brother would not think of. There's a biometric level of security as well."

Dean's legs wouldn't hold him any longer. The shock of the computer had taken a great deal out of him. “Passwords?” He'd thought it wrong at first, but remembered Sam's cell phone. “I have no idea what he won't know.” Suddenly, Dean chuckled. “There's one he won't know.”Dean looked at the teen and suddenly turned red.

Matt looked at him. "The biometric security is to ensure that you and only you can access this laptop. It's a fail safe that if it isn't applied at the right time, the laptop will shut down and not boot until I restore it."

“What is it?”

The red head showed him the secret area where Dean would apply his thumb to for a scan. This laptop was custom built, designed by L and him.

“I guess you'll have to use the left one.” Dean was curious about this. He watched everything Matt did.

Matt taught him when he'd have to apply the thumbprint, emphasizing to keep that area hidden from view so Sam or anyone couldn't access it. The email program was brought online, complete with a special address book containing Watari's, L's, Near's, Mello's, and Matt's email addresses. "I'll program my cell into your phone. If, for any reason, you're locked out or there's an issue, call me. I can remote link to this computer and fix it. If it's hardware, we'll set up something for repairs."

“Okay,” Dean said as he reached into his robe and pulled out the cell, handing it to Matt.

He programmed the number in, handing it back to him. "Okay, sit down. I'll review what you do know and then teach you what you don't."

Pocketing his cell, Dean sat down, knowing he'd probably look like a fool. He could do research as well as Sam, but some stuff was Sammy's domain.

Matt was an incredibly patient teacher, explaining things simply and in a way to help Dean understand without making the older male feel stupid.

The hunter got frustrated at times. “Look, dad never had a computer around. I was never in one school long enough to pick it up. First time, I saw one up close, Sam had a laptop from college. Hell, he still hasn't told me what My Space is. He just laughed.”

"You mean to tell me he didn't try to teach you? This stuff is important."

“Maybe it was a macho thing. I don't know. He didn't offer, and I sure as hell wasn't going to ask. When he was asleep, I got on and tried to pick up on things myself. I watched how he researched and began to pick up on that pretty well. That's about all I know. I never had an email. I don't know all the ins and outs, but I can hunt with it.”

"I'll give you a crash course in technology. This...I could throttle him. It's not right to keep people ignorant."

“I don't know if it was intentional. We were always on the run, he researched online...I hit the streets, newspapers, courthouses, hospitals, and the lot. He was impatient when we were trying to find stuff. I was slow when researching. Lots of times, he'd push me aside and take over. It was the right thing to do. He knew more and I was slowing us down. When there was free time, we'd go get a bite to eat, or hit a bar and have a drink. Sometimes we watched a little TV, most times, it was a shower and bed.”

"Well then, it's time for us to start the lessons." He took a seat beside Dean and began the lesson anew.

The older hunter caught on faster then either of them thought he would. His questions weren't stupid, but actually made sense. He leaped at a piece of knowledge and seemed to swallow it whole, asking for more. He was becoming more adept with each thing he learned, slowly picking Matt's brain to get extra tidbits on a topic.

And Matt gave willingly, teaching the nuances of the programs in such a way as to make it easily understood.

A knock at the door surprised both of them. Dean looked at the window and saw darkness, surprised.

Watari entered with a dinner tray, after finding out that Dean had not eaten since breakfast.

The old man smiled. "I see you two have been hard at work."

Dean smiled. “Yeah, I think I'm getting a handle on it.” He was relieved that Watari didn't seem upset about a missed meal, when the muscle spasm in his back made him realize he'd had no meds either. His gaze met Wataris' as he winced.

Medication was placed beside his tray. "Matt is a good teacher when he wishes to be," he said with a smile.

“He's a very good teacher. Thanks, Matt. Can we continue tomorrow?” Dean had not removed the lids on the meal. Instead, he took the water and pills.

"Not a problem. Better eat up or you'll have him after your ass..oops, sorry Watari." he grinned and rushed out, blushing a bit at the compliment. The older man sighed and shook his head. "Such an imp that one."

“It's one of the things I like about him. Thank you, Watari.”

"You're welcome. Don't hesitate to ask them to go if you need rest," he reminded him.

“I won't. It must be late. I didn't realize we'd been at it that long. Well, what new food am I supposed to learn to like tonight?”
The dish lids were pulled up to reveal a Caesar salad, baked fish that was perfectly seasoned, as well as a pasta dish.

“That doesn't look half bad. Thank you, Watari.” Dean took a bite of the fish, and Watari swore he saw him close his eyes for a minute, but it happened too fast to be sure. The young man tentatively took a bite of the salad. He looked up at the older man, saying, “This is good!” His voice sounded surprised by the taste. He tried the pasta dish and murmured that he had no idea pasta could be good without meatballs and a lot of cheese. He started grinning as he ate the meal, enjoying it immensely.

He smiled. "You are welcome. Dessert is under the other one, staying warm."

The hunter's head jerked up at the word, dessert. “I get dessert? What is it?”

"Take a peek." There was fresh apple pie in there.

“That's real apple pie? Like you said you were gonna make? The healthy one?”

He nodded at that, still smiling.

“Thank you, Watari. That's one of the nicest things anyone's ever done for me. I mean that. Thank you.”

"You're welcome. I had the boys test another batch. I defy anyone to tell me that pie won't taste like a normal pie," he chuckled.

Dean grinned, but did not rush his meal, like Watari had almost expected him to do. “I really like this meal. I've never had much chance to eat fish. It's really good.”

"It's an old family recipe. I'm glad you're enjoying it."

Watari watched the hunter finish the meal, even eating all the salad. Dean reached for the other covered dish and removed the lid. He took a deep,
appreciative sniff of the pie and smiled. Picking up his fork, he took a bite.

“Mmmmm, Damn! This is good. Real good.”

A satisfied nod was given. "I did tell you it was possible for your dessert to be healthy."

“Yeah, you did,” Dean said, looking sad. “Problem is, I'm not gonna find stuff like this on the road.” He sighed, but a smile formed as he took another bite, eyes closing in appreciation.

"I know some things can be found." Most fast food places were holding healthier alternatives.

“Yeah, they do, and when I'm in a town, I can do that. Lots of times, breakfast and lunch come from convenience stores and donut shops.”

"You can keep a small cooler with fresh fruit in it to offset things."

“I never thought of that. Buying stuff in a grocery store and keeping it on ice would be cheaper, too.Thanks.”

"You're welcome," he answered.

“I know it's dark out. What time is it, Watari?” Dean didn't realize how exhausted he was. He pushed himself more then he should have. Sleeping in late left him thinking he was all right for the day , and he never realized that a nap was still important for getting well, and exhaustion could still hinder his healing.

He was more pale then he normally was, and his eyes had dark smudges under them. He was yawning. He didn't want to admit that he felt incredibly tired and shaky.

"Eight thirty. You should rest." He gently helped him to his feet.

Dean felt more shaky when he got to his feet, and he swayed a little, grabbing the table. He looked at the older man, sheepishly. “I guess I over did it, didn't I?” He ducked his head, figuring he was going to get an ass chewing like Bobby and Sam would do.

"A bit but it's all right, you're learning and still healing." He carefully helped him to the bed.

He fell on top of the blankets again, not trying to move under them on his own. He was half asleep before his head hit a pillow, but he forced himself to stay awake and look at Watari.

“Why didn't you chew me out? I deserved it.”

He struggled to get comfortable on top of the blankets, shaking his head at not getting in trouble.

"You haven't hurt yourself, just tired yourself out. Had you opened the wounds, you'd be fussed at." Watari managed to move the blankets and then tucked him in.

Hazel eyes stared up at him in awe. Dean's voice choked a little as he whispered softly, “No ones' done that since my mom died.” He turned his head so no tears would be noticed.

He gently stroked his hair. "You deserve to be pampered at times. Don't tell but I've done the same to L when he's exhausted himself."

The soft voice whispered even more quietly, “Thank you.” There was a slight sob, but Dean turned his head back towards the older man, with a slight smile on it. Watari knew he'd be asleep before the door closed.

The older man left to tend to his charges, satisfied that Dean would rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment