Jensenfan1978's playlist


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com

Friday, September 24, 2010

Supernatural Death Note Chapter 33

Authors: Lady Laran and Tisha Wyman Warnings: Bad language, violence, and some sex. Spoilers: My favorite show is Supernatural. Anyone who knows me will say I am almost obsessed, unless they happen to be Laran, who knows I am. Laran loves Death Note. We both love to write. Never in our wildest dreams did we ever think we'd be writing an alternate universe/crossover between the two. What started as a several chapter story has turned into a novel The story had a life of its own. This saga begins towards the end of season 4 and before L truly got involved with the Death Note. This is a story of healing, family,friendship, humor, and horror. We do not own either show or its characters, but I'd take Dean in a heartbeat. We make no money from them. Thank you for reading. Comments are highly appreciated.

The Confrontation

Dean struggled to get up. He shook his head, but he continued using the bedclothes to pull himself to his feet. He looked at Near. 'Maybe, if he sees me like this, he'll understand and he won't have to know what happened in the queen's chamber.”

Mello punched Sam. "Stop torturing your brother! Damn you're f*ked in the head. Don't you understand? He's your brother! God, I'd give anything for that and you're throwing it away like some spoiled ass. You want proof, we have it!"

Sam turned on Mello, “You touch me again, and I won't be responsible for what happens to you. My brother? He's been my babysitter, not my brother. What damn proof do you have? I don't even know you, so why should I believe you. Come on, Dean!!! Be a man for a change, and tell me why she's so evil. Prove it, big brother.”

A familiar voice came from the open doorway. “What do you want to know, Sam?” Dean stood in the entrance, barefooted, is right side bandaged.

Sam whispered loudly at his brother. “I can almost smell your fear from here, Dean. What are you so afraid of?”

Watari, who had heard everything, came in with a laptop."You requested proof, Samuel Winchester. Proof you shall have. This is an interrogation we finished not long ago." The computer was set up and play was hit. In it, Ruby admitted everything..swearing violently as she did so.

“I've done similar stuff like that. Voices can say one thing, and a little manipulation and they say something else. Tell me something right here in front of me that proves it. Come on, what has she done?”

Dean knew the shooting would not be accepted because he'd gotten shot trying to save Near. He stared down at the floor, trying to steady his good hand, that was shaking.

A soft voice answered him. "The demon shot a weapon at point blank range. If Dean had not been there, Near would have been killed." The white haired teen entered the room. He was bandaged as well, looking very tired. "Near had not harmed this one but still, in an effort to aggravate Dean, Ruby shot Near." The outfit he was wearing, being baggy, added to his small size, making him look very young.

Sam stared at the small boy. “Dean has a penchant for trying to give his life for others. Why would she want to aggravate you, Dean? What's been going on between you two? I know you don't like her, but this is getting ridiculous. Ruby and I..well, we're close. She'd never hurt you because she would not upset me.”

L tilted his head. "Would she? Even knowing that she's gotten you addicted to something as disgusting as her blood?"

“I've been telling you it's not an addiction. My body requires it to keep the power up.”

“Bullshit, Sammy! You're not stupid, but you are so damn blind. Ruby wants to destroy me, okay, but then she got some stupid idea to use me to anger you against me and get you to do the job for her.”

"The demon's own words on this subject was rather simple. She told me that the initial blood given to you at birth woke a latent gene within all humans. The blood is nothing more than a control. It keeps you tethered to her." L's words were spoken softly in hopes of calming the younger Winchester.

The look of fury in Sam's eyes worried Dean, who wasn't sure where the anger would be directed.

“Sam, he's telling the truth. I swear it.”

“Dean, it's all compelling, and very believable. I still have a problem with it. She has me pretty much, so why would she destroy that by causing more problems to the point where I'd kill you? How the hell could she even convince me to do that? I can't get any angrier with you, Dean.”

“Damn it, Sammy, I can't” The older brother turned to leave.

“I can stop you from leaving, Dean. Your choice or mine?”

The hunter froze, his back to his brother.

Near's voice was soft but cold. "Sam Winchester will not harm Dean. In the eyes of this group, Dean's life holds more value than Sam Winchester's. Especially as Dean Winchester is needed for the apocalypse."

“What the hell are you talking about? I'm the brother who can stop it, not Dean. You know it, Dean. You cry, have nightmares, get drunk....damn it, you're drinking all the time.”

“Never on the job, Sam. I have always been sober when we're up against something. I had your back, but you kept walking out on us. Drinking blood. That's a whole new kind of sick, Sammy. She knows there's a still a bond there somewhere. She wants to be the one to come between us and you have damn well let her. No one was able to do that except us with our own stupidity and needs.”

Dean was still standing frozen halfway between his brother and the door. His back was still towards Sam. He started walking out and Sam's arm came up and he clenched his fist. Dean went to his knees, but nothing else. He could not get up.

“I told you your choice or mine, Dean. Now what happened between you two while I was a prisoner here?”

There was the press of something cold against the back of Sam's skull. Watari had managed to circle behind him. "You will let him go and focus on your brother, who you have known since birth."

“Go ahead and shoot me, and you destroy him, because he's sold his soul once for me. I'll let him go once he's truthful with me. He's being the same old Dean, not telling the truth, carrying the burdens. I am so damned sick of it. Shoot me or tell the coward to tell me the truth. If he will do that, I'll release the hold.”

"He is telling you the truth. We all are but you are so blinded by your ego, you don't want to see it."

“No, you don't know him like I do. Something happened between Dean and Ruby to bring us to this point. She wouldn't have tried to shoot an innocent unless she wanted something from him. If you want me to believe you, then I need the truth.....ALL OF IT! Dean?”

Dean bowed his head, fighting back tears. He had not wanted to come back to this. Sam was going to kill him, because he won't believe this. How could he? There's was nothing but his word against hers. Knowing his own past, would he believe him?

Near moved to Dean, gently lifting his head. "Dean should not let this destroy the progress Dean has made. Tell Sam Winchester everything since Sam Winchester believes that Sam Winchester is right."

No comments:

Post a Comment