Jensenfan1978's playlist


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Supernatural Death Note Chapter 53

Authors: Lady Laran and Tisha Wyman Warnings: Bad language, violence, and some sex. Spoilers: My favorite show is Supernatural. Anyone who knows me will say I am almost obsessed, unless they happen to be Laran, who knows I am. Laran loves Death Note. We both love to write. Never in our wildest dreams did we ever think we'd be writing an alternate universe/crossover between the two. What started as a several chapter story has turned into a novel The story had a life of its own. This saga begins towards the end of season 4 and before L truly got involved with the Death Note. This is a story of healing, family,friendship, humor, and horror. We do not own either show or its characters, but I'd take Dean in a heartbeat. We make no money from them. Thank you for reading. Comments are highly appreciated.

Dean Learns Resident Evil

Watari had let them sleep late when he heard from L about the late night session. He came in that morning with two trays, calling them to wake.

Dean yawned, trying to stretch, swearing under his breath. “Hey, Sam, come on. Breakfast is here. Morning, Watari, what new thing am I going to learn to like this morning?”

"Given how late you were up, I thought a light breakfast would be better. Toast, soft boiled eggs, and fruit, along with English breakfast tea."

“Sounds good. What kind of fruit did you bring this morning?”

"Berry medley. You'll enjoy it."

“Thanks, Watari. Any idea what the plans are for today?”

"I am unsure. L was in the middle of something and was not answering just yet. So enjoy breakfast and whatnot."

The boys sat down to eat their breakfast. “Sam, do you feel okay about not being involved in going after Lilith? I don't want you angry or upset with me on this.”

"I would like to see it through, but I understand L's concerns."

“I know, Sam, but I'm relieved you understand. I just want to get this over with. I got feeling it's gonna happen fast when it hits. Always been that way with her. I owe her big time.”

"Just make sure to salt and burn fast so no blood is left to be found. L mentioned he was concerned about that."

“The boys have proven themselves so far, but this will be the toughest they've done with me. I hope Bobby will feel up to it. He should be here, huh?”

"It's up to him I guess. Which of the boys are you taking?"

“Mello. If Matt can be serious about it, I'll take him too. Hopefully, L will go. My concern is fast clean up. I'll gank her.”

"I guess you'll have to ask him," He said, salting his eggs.

If he gets the colt, one head shot is all she wrote. If it's the knife, I got to get in closer. Knife would mean less blood. If the colt shot is a through and through, we're talking brain matter, but I've yet to see a colt bullet do a through and through. Could be the magic of it.”

"I hope he can find it," Sam murmured.

“It will be up to finding the demon, Crowley.”

"He is the greatest detective in the world; he'll find him."

“That's true. We'll wait and see how he intends bearding a demon in his den.”

"No kidding."

“After we finish eating, want to see if Bobby returned? I want to know what happened at the church, don't you?”

He paused before taking a bite. "Sure."

After breakfast, the boys took time to clean up and went in search of Bobby.

Bobby was working with Matt on the database in the top room where L and the others were working as well.

Sam and Dean entered the room, and walked to where the others were busy at work. For an awkward moment, they stood watching, not wanting to interrupt important work.
The older male looked up and grinned. "Hey you two."

Both young men smiled and said, in unison, “Hi, Bobby.”

"How's it going?"

“Okay, I guess,” Dean replied.

He arched an eyebrow. "You guess? Take a seat, you two. You won't bug the group. I think a bomb could go off and not disturb some of them."

The brothers smiled in reply and both found seats near Bobby and each other.
"Ok..so no holds barred here..how are you two really?"

“I'm dealing, Bobby. Sam, here, can answer for himself. He's a big boy, aren't you, Sam.” Dean grinned.

"You know it," he grinned back. "I'm getting there, Bobby. I think L is definitely right to keep me out of this hunt. I don't trust myself right now and Dean needs a steady partner. However, that doesn't mean we can't train those going with him to make sure his ass his covered 'cause we all know he needs it." Sam winked at Dean, telling him he was teasing.

His brother returned the grin, “Hell, yes, I need it covered. Might draw too much attention if it isn't.”

Bobby snickered. "Thinking you might get pounced by hot chicks or something?"

Dean laughed, “The hot chicks I could handle. It's the 'or something' I worry about.”

Both Sam and Bobby laughed. It was good to see the group in good spirits again.

Matt looked up and grinned. "Oh really? It might be fun running up against something cool."

Dean eyed Matt for a moment, studying him. “Matt, I hope you were talking about hot chicks.”

An impish grin was flashed at him. "Wouldn't you like to know?"

Sam snickered. "It's not like Resident Evil, man. Seriously."

Hazel eyes stared in disbelief at the younger Winchester. “Resident what?”

Matt grinned. "Video game, really cool. Monsters and zombies."

Dean's gaze was serious, “I'm not playing video games, Matt. I'm talking real life.”

"I know that...was just playing around a bit." He focused back on the computer.

The hunter looked at the other two hunters and slightly shook his head.

Bobby chuckled. "He's a kid...just leave him be. I know that one. He'll be serious when he needs to."

Dean just stared, thinking about how he loved to mess around himself, but not over a job.

Matt looked up. "Seriously, you've never played Resident Evil?"

“Hell, Matt, I told you I never played video games. Only thing I can remember about Resident Evil, I think there was a movie by that title.”

He grinned. "Sam, go teach him. I've got a console set up over there."

Sam gave an answering grin and dragged his brother off to play games. Matt was right, it was time to teach Dean to have some fun.

Dean was panicking. After messing around with the hand held, he honestly didn't think he would be good at video games. “Sam, I'm one handed. How am I supposed to play?”

"I'll help, OK? This is a combination game, so one handed can work."

“What is a combination game?”

"It tells a story..sort of like a role playing game."

“Role playing? We gotta pretend to be someone else?”

"It's fun, trust me."

“How many times do they let you die in this thing before the game is over? I'm just trying to figure out how many seconds I've got.”

“You can get save points, Dean. They can keep your ass alive.”

“You gotta know what you're doing to get save points? I'm gonna need a lot of them.”

"You'll find them when you work your way through. I'll help you." He began teaching Dean as they played together, Sam showing Dean how to play the game.

“Damn it, Sam! I'm a damn good fighter! Why can't I do it on here? Let's try again.”

Matt grinned at his computer screen, peeking as Sam patiently helped Dean. It was obvious the two were having fun, which was his hope for the pair.

Face stern in concentration, the older brother refused to admit defeat over a machine. He was struggling with coordination when it came to fighting. His thought was, if you are in life, you should damn well be inside a box. With typical Winchesterness, he was not going to admit defeat. Matt might be right....Dean Winchester was having fun.

The computer genius winked at L, who gave a pleased nod. Part of the therapy was to introduce fun things to the brothers that didn't involve hustling pool or poker. This would help them to bond on a different level and provide a healthier stress relief.

“One more round, Sammy. There's got to be a way to win this damn thing! I will not be beaten by a machine!”

Sam laughed, starting it up from the save point. "All right, just watch that corner next time."

Dean made it round the corner and through a third of the next section. What came next made his eyes widen and his jaw drop. “Aw! Come on! What kind of game is this? You can't tell me kids play this and win? What is that thing? What do you use against it?”

Matt called out. "Rocket launcher! Swap swap!"

“Okay!” Dean yelled, then he stopped. “Rocket launcher! Wait a minute. I got a rocket launcher? Why didn't I know that.” He tried swapping. “Which one is it?”

Sam guided him and the rocket launcher was equipped just in time. "Get him, Dean!"

Matt and Bobby stood and watch the hunter take aim and hit the fire button. He jumped up raising his left in the air, shouting. At that point in time, a pin drop would have been heard as everyone turned to see what was going on.

L simply smirked, going back to his work while Mello cheered for him, Matt grinning too. "Great job!!!"

Dean sat back down, flushed, and the only thing that came out of his mouth was, “Wow!”

"Ready to keep going?" Sam was definitely proud of him. "It's fun huh? When your shoulder is better, we'll have to hook up with Matt and Mello and try some Halo action."

“What's halo?”

"Another video game that's a lot better than this one."

“In what way?” Dean was starting to get the gist of how to play the game. He wasn't getting injured quite as often. He definitely liked it.

Matt answered. "It's what's called a first person shooter. Halo 2 has quite a few options in regards to one on one play. You can do capture the flag, free for all, all sorts of fun things."

“Hunting, tracking, and shooting each other? Now that would be fun.”

Sam laughed. "It is. We'll put you on Matt's team and Mello on mine, that way it'll be fair since two gamers on one team is just unfair."

“Who's the gamer? You or Mello?”

Mello took a bite of his chocolate. "Matty is. I play on occasion but don't live and breathe them like he does."

“You misunderstand me, Mello. I know Matt is. I'm talking you and Sam?”

"Sam, I suppose."

“You're a gamer, Sam? When did you learn to do this?”

"You didn't think I spent all my time studying, did you?" He winked at his brother.

“You talking college, or do you have this stuff on your computer?”

He grinned, rubbing the back of his head. "I have some of it."

Dean nodded and turned back to the game.

Sam worked with him to get him to more levels.

It took them most of the morning and early afternoon to get through the levels and finally finish the game.

Watari brought snacks to them on occasion, smiling to himself as the two simply relaxed and enjoyed themselves.

Somewhere around 1:20 in the afternoon, Sam had managed to get Dean through Resident Evil. He watched his brother sit back and grin. “We did it, Sammy.”

"That we did. You did great!"

“Thanks, Sammy, but we did it!”

He grinned, feeling happy to have had some fun with his brother. "We did. It's fun, huh?"

“I think this is the first time ever that we got to have fun together and nothing bad happened. Thanks, Sam. Thanks, Matt.”

Matt grinned. "You're welcome. You'd better hurry up and heal 'cause I wanna kick some ass with you on Halo."

“I'd like that.”

"It's a date then..and you know what I meant, Mello!" The blond snickered, going back to his computer screen.

Dean laughed, “He's just jealous cause he doesn't have one. Sam's too shy on a first date,” he replied, raising his brows up and down at his brother.

"DEAN!"

“What? I said nothin' wrong!”

Mello grinned, blowing a kiss at them. "I'll warm him up," he teased.

Dean turned his head in surprise, “What the hell?”

Matt and Mello dissolved into laughter, knowing Mello had managed to stump Dean. "Got ya!"

Frantic eyes turned towards the younger brother, “Sam?”

"They're teasing you, Dean."

“Yeah, but some how, I thought they...well, they didn't really..ah, shit!” Dean slumped in a chair, face bright red.

The teens kept laughing until Near gave them a look, which sobered them a bit...somewhat. "Near's companions have odd sense of humors."

Dean's face was buried in his one good hand, shaking it back and forth.

Mello kept snickering, shoulders shaking with his mirth.

The hunter wracked his brain trying to come up with something PG or lower that wouldn't upset everyone. He was drawing a blank. This could go too far too fast.

L's voice intervened, obviously amused. "Mello, mind out of the gutter please. They're unused to your idea of humor." Matt giggled harder.

Dean sat up straight, “Wait a minute. I can play that kind of humor, L, but I was raised to believe it was for adults. I've never played it with teens. I can roll in the gutter with the best of them.”

He arched a brow and nodded, giving him permission to roll with it. Yes, they were teens but all three were very much adult in a lot of ways.

“Sam, this is about you. You got any problems with what I bring up? It might be uncomfortable for you. We're talking your sex life, Sam. I only know three or four you slept with and one ain't human, which is all right. I had one who wasn't either.”

"Go for it," he chuckled. This was about to get interesting.




No comments:

Post a Comment