Jensenfan1978's playlist


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Supernatural Death Note Chapter 65

Authors: Lady Laran and Tisha Wyman Warnings: Bad language, violence, and some sex. Spoilers: My favorite show is Supernatural. Anyone who knows me will say I am almost obsessed, unless they happen to be Laran, who knows I am. Laran loves Death Note. We both love to write. Never in our wildest dreams did we ever think we'd be writing an alternate universe/crossover between the two. What started as a several chapter story has turned into a novel The story had a life of its own. This saga begins towards the end of season 4 and before L truly got involved with the Death Note. This is a story of healing, family,friendship, humor, and horror. We do not own either show or its characters, but I'd take Dean in a heartbeat. We make no money from them. Thank you for reading. Comments are highly appreciated.

The Return of Dean Winchester

A few hours later, found Dean Winchester, in t-shirt, buttoned shirt, worn jeans, and tennis shoes , heading to the top floor, looking for L.

L was in his usual chair on the top floor, frowning over his laptop.

The hunter sat in a chair across from him, his laptop in his lap.

"Good afternoon, Dean. Tea?"

Dean grinned, “Yeah, I'd like that. I'd like to discuss some things with you, if you have the time.”

He poured a cup of tea for the other. "Of course."

“Thank you. I have a number of things I'd like to go over and see where we are. First thing, L, is Sam. I'd like to be able to have him work with me when I do cases for you. It would mean trusting him. Letting him help me learn this computer for one thing. I need an okay and your trust to do this.”

"Given the time, I believe I can allow you to have him help you with things."

“Thank you. What about trust issues. How far am I allowed to go with that as far as my brother is concerned?”

"Allow me some time and I will be able to set up guidelines. Will that be appropriate?"

“That would work. I just know that many of these cases won't have involvement with you or the boys. I know I'm supposed to run them. It's just that in cases like that, especially, I want Sam having my back. I just don't want him going in blind on a case.”

"The information will return to me, and I will report it as dealt with by agents. Given the nature of the perpetrators, a cover story will be provided. I will also work to clean up your histories."

“Fair enough. I appreciate all that you're offering. Okay, next on the agenda. Crowley. Have you found him? If you have, what's being done?”

"The weapon is on its way to this location as we speak. Crowley was surprisingly amenable to financial compensation for it."

“Does he know what it's wanted for? We're talking about a crossroads demon, L.”

"From what I understand, he was quite aware. His words to my agent were 'take it, I don't want Lucifer walking the Earth as I rather like my life at the moment and if he is released, I lose everything.' Are all demons so materialistic?"

“No, if they were, life would be a whole lot easier. No, we get Azazel, Alistair, Ruby, and Lilith to name a few.”

"Lilith is now my concern. Sam told me that you had a young man who created a program to track demons. I have had Matt work with that and see if he couldn't improve on it."

“Yeah, weather and natural disasters, strange happenings, and stuff like that. He used all of the information in Dad's journal. Ash was a genius. Matt should be able to redo it or improve on it. It doesn't hunt down particular demons, unless you know their history and what to look for. Lilith likes to be a little girl and do horrible things to her family. Look for that.”

"Sam and Bobby both mentioned it to him, so he has added that to the equation. I have full faith in his abilities. After we determine her location, the team will go to handle her. Sam has volunteered to assist us here at base. He knows he can not go but wishes to be able to help with it any way. Bobby has also offered his aid as well. Mello and Matt also."

L nodded at that. "At the moment, waiting for Matt to finish his program is the best course of action."

“I agree. I need to let this arm get stronger and get my own strength back. Gotta be ready, and I'm still a little weak.”

"And have the team train together to get used to each other."

“Exactly, L. There's things to be done,and we need to start preparing now. I can't do anything with the arm for a week. Doc's orders. But I do need to move around more and get my strength back.”

He nodded at that. "True."

“You wouldn't happen to have a place I can walk and jog in, maybe do some exercise to rebuild some muscles. I've been laid up for too long.”

"Exercise room on the third floor," he told him.

“Awesome! I think I will head there when we are through.”

Another nod came from the detective. "As you wish."

L watched the hunter, fascinated. He'd seen Dean exhausted, worried about Sam, guilty, angry, in pain, and broken, but this was a Dean he'd never met. Sam and Bobby were in for a surprise.

"You are much better relaxed," he said softly.

The hunter smiled. “Well, I'm applying all that training you gave me. I've let a lot of things go, L. Still some things I'll have to work on, but I can start a new life, and be me, not what someone else thought I should be.”

"Good," he murmured. "Good."

“It's gonna be a change for Sam, Bobby, Ellen, Jo, and Cas. This is the direction I'm going, and I don't wanna look back at the past. I'm trying to kill it little by little and its hold on my life. Can't do that any more”

"They love you, they'll adapt and help you grow."

“I hope so. It's got to be this way. Sam is on his own except for a big brother, and I guess, Bobby as Dad.”

"Give them time and yourself as well," he pointed out. "Humans are slow to change but it can be done."

“Yeah, you're right about that. To be honest, I don't understand humans.”

"I try to."

“Why? Humans are worse then the monsters I've hunted. They kill their own kind and they do it for all the wrong reasons.”

"Ahh..but if we understand the philosophy and ways of thinking of those, then perhaps change can be enacted..one person at a time."

“Like Sam and me, I guess.”

"Exactly."

“L, does what Sam and I do make us monsters too?”

Dark eyes looked at Dean. "The rare..incredibly rare..occasions when humans are harmed, do you enjoy it?"

The answer was vehement, “Hell, no! It hurts bad when someone dies. I don't like it when a body dies after a demon has inhabited them. It doesn't happen often, but it does happen. There are other times when someone dies. You save a life and you've done something. You are a failure when someone dies.”

"Then you have your answer."

“It's that simple?”

He nodded. "Yes. You wish to save lives. A monster does not do that."

“Well, I'm starting to get hungry. It has to be getting close to dinner time. You wouldn't know where Sam is by any chance, would you? He and I really need to just sit and talk.”

"Library," he told him.

“Thanks, L.” Dean grabbed his laptop. He headed towards the library, looking for his brother. Things needed to be said. Open, honest, and to the point, Dean wanted to make sure no more problems were going to pop up. He sure as hell didn't want Sam telling L that He needed more counseling. He was not doing that again. He felt whole for the first time and wanted to keep it that way.

L nodded, fingers flying over the keyboard as he focused more on his work.


No comments:

Post a Comment