Jensenfan1978's playlist


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com

Monday, October 25, 2010

Supernatural Death Note Chapter 66

Authors: Lady Laran and Tisha Wyman Warnings: Bad language, violence, and some sex. Spoilers: My favorite show is Supernatural. Anyone who knows me will say I am almost obsessed, unless they happen to be Laran, who knows I am. Laran loves Death Note. We both love to write. Never in our wildest dreams did we ever think we'd be writing an alternate universe/crossover between the two. What started as a several chapter story has turned into a novel The story had a life of its own. This saga begins towards the end of season 4 and before L truly got involved with the Death Note. This is a story of healing, family,friendship, humor, and horror. We do not own either show or its characters, but I'd take Dean in a heartbeat. We make no money from them. Thank you for reading. Comments are highly appreciated.

Sam and Dean part 1

Sam was working on research for the ideas they'd had for their future.

Dean had entered quietly and stood behind his brother, reading over his shoulder. The ideas for the cabin in the mountains looked like good ones. He knew L had done some work.
“Seems like a good idea,” the hunter said quietly.

"Thanks," he'd heard the other enter the room.

“How the hell do you do that? There's no way you should a heard me. That elevator is opening and closing constantly, so I know it wasn't that.”

Certain spots on the floor creak just slightly."

“Sam....Sometimes, you scare me.”

He grinned. "You did well training me. So you like the ideas so far?"

Dean set the laptop on the table, and looked at the things Sam had found. “Yeah, I do like it. There's about five bedrooms in the cabin. We can turn one of them into our home office. For internet, we'll probably have to go satellite. I don't imagine we can get anything else out there.”

"Matt said the provider they use is reasonable."

“Okay, sounds good to me. When do you think we can start working on this? I mean for real?”

"We can start now, getting plans together."

“Works. What do you need from me? I've no idea what to look for or anything. We might ought to take a trip out there, see what L did, and go from there. I still have no idea where the hell we are. Do you?”

"No, I thought it best not to ask given the secrecy L operates in. Not that I blame him. I was thinking we need to see about getting a practice test for ACT and SAT for you."

“Seriously? I got to take tests to get into college? Damn, Sammy, I don't remember you doing that.”

"I did...took both of them because some schools accept one or the other."

“Okay, then. How do we do this? Right now, my record isn't so hot. L said he'd help but don't know when.”

"Right now, there are sites where you can practice to get your skills up. And I'll work with you to brush up on your maths and stuff."

Dean nodded, looking slightly pale, but he did like this new Sam, who made decisions, asked for discussion, then carried them out.

"You're well read, so that's not a problem. We can work on writing too since that will come up and you'll have to write up proposals when you're ready to push your ideas for your new vehicles."

“Yeah, well, I'm not good at that. I haven't tried hard since you left for Stanford.”

"I can help you, no problem. I can send you the links to practice that."

“All right, college boy. We can do this, right? You really think I can get through college? It will take a long time because it's online, but that doesn't bother me. You really think I can do the work?

"I do and for several reasons. One, you are stubborn and don't quit. Two, I know you well enough to know you're smart enough to do this and determined. And three...I believe in you."

“You really believe in me, Sam? That's new, man. Thank you.”

"You're welcome. I found a couple of schools that would do well for what you're wanting too." He'd kept himself busy today.

“Online? This is great!”

He grinned. "Want to see?I bookmarked them."

Dean was acting like a kid on Christmas morning, anxious to open packages. He slid his chair over closer so he could look over Sam's shoulder.

Sam's smile grew wider as he opened the site for the first school, showing Dean everything the school offered. Dean read everything on the site.Sam was a little surprised but shouldn't have been, and he knew it.

"And here's another I found that's rated well and has everything you need."

Sam watched Dean as he went over ever page on the site, again, looking at courses offered and the degrees. He leaned back. “Sam, a GED isn't worth much when you are trying to get into a school like this. Man, I'm not sure they'll take me.”
"I had a friend with a GED that got into an Ivy League school. Since you have your GED, we'll have to get you ready for ACT and SAT."

“So it's studying time now? It can be done when I'm not getting back in shape for this battle to get Lilith.”

"It can be done while we're traveling too. We can talk about the subjects, answer questions, things like that."

“That would be awesome, Sam.”

He grinned."I thought it'd help."

“Hell, it's fantastic! We can do this.”

"I know we can."

“Yeah. Okay, what else have you been up to? I went and talked with L, and thought I would come pester you some.”

"Researching this actually and seeing what I need to do to finish my degree and get the business one going."

'What information did you find?”

"One of the schools I showed you offers what I need."

“We could go to the same school?”

He grinned and nodded. "yup."

“That would be great, man.”

"I think so too; it'd be fun to say we graduated from the same university."

Dean's eyes widened. “I like that.”

"Me too. I'm holding off on designing your office and stuff because we really aren't sure what you're going to need."

“I think a good desk, book cases, and maybe a drafting table or something like it.”

He nodded. "We'll get it going."

“There's two bedrooms downstairs. I thought we could either share an office or turn them both into offices.”

"Well, we can share for starters and then go from there. You'll probably take up a lot of room."

“Sam, you're going to have law books, business books, stuff for buying and selling vehicles. You'll need paperwork for titles and stuff. Filing cabinets galore. You are gong to need your own office, and you'll need the bigger downstairs bedroom.”
"We could turn the dining room into an office, close it off," he pointed out. "That's a fairly large room too."

“Yeah, it would be big enough for both of us. You could have one of the two downstairs rooms for your bedroom. I don't mind an upstairs. We could keep the other as Bobby's for when he comes to visit. That's if we can't hijack him and pull him out of South Dakota and in with us.”

"I think he'd probably be happy to retire from the scrap yard. We can find out and knowing him, he'd be happier than a duck in water helping you build the new prototypes."

“Yeah, and I trust him, Sam. You can't depend on a lot of people to not steal your ideas. Bobby wouldn't. It would be good to have him home with us. We're gonna have a home, Sammy...one of our very own. We've never had that since Mom died.”

"I'd like that," Sam told him softly. "Maybe we can add some extra rooms in case we get company."

“I think we could. I'd like to have company.” Dean got a faraway look in his eyes, and a rather strange smile.

"Penny for your thoughts?"

“What? Oh! Just someone on my mind. It happens a lot actually!”

He chuckled. "Who is the lucky one that you're thinking about?"

“Lisa, Sammy. Lisa and Ben. I can't do anything because of the hunting, but when it's gone..well, I'd like to see her... a lot.”

"I want to get to know them, Dean."

“I used to think I loved Cassie, but it's always been Lisa. When I knew I was going to hell, she was the one I wanted to see. Damn it, Sammy, Ben's got to be mine.”

"Dean, even if he's not by blood, he is by heart."

“You saw him. You think it's just by heart?”

"Truthfully, the kid is your double," he said with a grin. "Cuter than you were though," he teased.

“I won't argue with that. He looks like his mom.”

Sam chuckled. "We may have to expand the house then."
“Why? There's three bedrooms upstairs. You and Bobby would have the downstairs. Now, if you married, I could see it. There is Sarah, you know.”

He shook his head. "I don't know. I have to really get my head lined out first."

“Yeah, maybe. Maybe she could help you line it out. She knows you, Sam. She knows what you do.”

"She doesn't know what I did," Sam pointed out. "And to be honest...I'm scared shirtless because I know she wants a family."

“Sam, it's in the blood. We can't do anything about that. Didn't L say something about it being the demon blood that jump started it? I don't think it will happen again, Sam. We know how to protect family. We'll guard our kids. We know the age. We protect.”

"How do I know that the blood given to me as a kid and all that I've taken in hasn't done something to me...something that'll pass to a baby?"

“Demon blood don't last, Sam. It only made you realize your powers. Ruby told you her blood did nothing. It was you. Azazel did nothing. It was you. It just made you aware.”

The terrified look on his face told Dean that this was a worry that had been bothering him for some time. "Are you sure?"

“It's in the Winchester line, Sam. Mom let Azazel in. That's why she apologized to you at our old house. I guess it could have happened to me just easily, but it was you they wanted, Sam. It was destiny to them. I think we can forget it. Just no more blood. We keep blood away from our kids. All of them. No idea where it could show up again, so we are careful.”

"I've been so scared that what I did would have effects."

"The only effects it's had has been on us as brothers. I think that's been dealt with. Don't you?”

He nodded, the look of worry and fear slowly easing.

Dean rose from his chair and went to his brother, pulled him up out of his chair, and hugged him close. “It's gonna be okay, Sammy. Call Sarah.”

Sam held him close, needing the hug and comfort from the other. This fear had been on his mind since he'd first learned of the curse in his blood.

Dean felt his brother holding him close, and a weight eased in his mind. Maybe Sam didn't want him as Mom and Dad but he still needed him. Big brother wasn't a bad trade off at all. He could feel the need emanating from Sam, and a single tear flowed down the hunter's face as he held him and let him hold back tightly.

The youngest felt the comfort and strength and simply let go, allowing himself to grieve over everything he'd gone through.

Dean, who had done so much grieving n his life, was grateful that it was him that Sam had turned to, not L or Watari. In a way it was a healing for both of them.

The younger male cried quietly, trying to let everything go..the fear, the pain..everything.

His brother held on tighter, not letting go, crying softly with him, but not letting him know he was crying. He wept for Sam's pain, fear, anger, and for the split that had occurred between them. He mourned the lost years where they seldom spoke of anything but the job, not letting each other in. He refused to not let Sam in any longer.

There was so much guilt Sam had shouldered, which had made him so angry at everyone, and now he was finally letting it go. Dean's arms made him feel safe, allowing him this chance to vent.

The hunter understood the need for quiet and strength, and he offered both. It hurt to let go. It hurt to cry it all out. He held on being the comfort that was needed, his heart breaking for his little brother, but he would not fail this time.

Eventually, the tears ran out and Sam just clung to Dean, needing that strength for just a few moments longer. He was grateful for the other's silence and comfort.

The hunter slowly lowered them to the thick carpeted floor, and pulled Sam closer into his lap as he would a child. He wasn't trying to treat him as a child but bring him closer to him for his comfort, letting him lean into him and be able to curl into him if he needed it.

The youngest said nothing about that, just took what was offered as he was still feeling so shaken inside. And the oldest offered, totally, all he was and had.

After time passed, he broke the silence with a voice made rough by tears and emotions. "I got your shirt all wet. Sorry."

Dean's voice was a soft whisper, “The shirt'll dry, Sammy. What happened was way more important then a wet shirt.”

"Thank you," he whispered back.

Dean held him close and softly kissed his brother's cheek, not something he usually did. “We're brothers, Sam This is part of what brothers should do. With us, that's how it's gonna be. We do this for each other. Are you okay with it, Sam?”

"Yeah, I am" was the soft response as the taller one simply rested against his older brother.





No comments:

Post a Comment