Jensenfan1978's playlist


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Supernatural Death Note Chapter 68

Authors: Lady Laran and Tisha Wyman Warnings: Bad language, violence, and some sex. Spoilers: My favorite show is Supernatural. Anyone who knows me will say I am almost obsessed, unless they happen to be Laran, who knows I am. Laran loves Death Note. We both love to write. Never in our wildest dreams did we ever think we'd be writing an alternate universe/crossover between the two. What started as a several chapter story has turned into a novel The story had a life of its own. This saga begins towards the end of season 4 and before L truly got involved with the Death Note. This is a story of healing, family,friendship, humor, and horror. We do not own either show or its characters, but I'd take Dean in a heartbeat. We make no money from them. Thank you for reading. Comments are highly appreciated.

Dean Learns to Take it Slow.

"Speaking of, Near will be observing only for a while," Watari told them. "But L will also be joining Matt and Mello."

“Near was badly hurt. He shouldn't be trying any of that. Are the boys as good as L?”

The older man nodded. "Very close in skill. If you wish, I believe Matt and Mello are planning a sparring exercise in a while. Since both practice different styles, they enjoy working together to try to improve on their individual training."

Dean sat back down. He looked a little pale.

"Are you OK, Dean?" Sam looked at his brother in concern.

“Sam, what do we teach people who have the mastery of at least a fourth or fifth degree black belt in their particular martial art forms? I'm not even one hundred percent, Sam. Now we can take them out and show them how to track, certain tricks for killing different creatures, but we can't teach them how to fight.”

"We know street fighting..dirty fighting. They probably have no experience with that."

“Yeah, and the killing techniques Dad taught us.”

"But we have enough control to stop. So we can teach them that."

“Yeah, Sam, we can. I just want to know that Matt and Mello have enough control to stop.”

"Then we test them," he pointed out.
“Okay, we test all three of them. L should not be left out. He's smart, talented, and can be aggressive, but does he have the street smarts. We're gonna have to set up for it somehow. I wonder if they have an underground garage or something here. We need some hunter friends or someone to be able to help us set up for attacks. They need to know street fighting before they learn monsters. It would better if there was a ghost town we could go to and them not know what's going on. Being taken by surprise would show us their real capabilities but L can't know. Watari, can you help us with that?”

"Give me a day to think on it and we'll go from there. I do believe setting up a few scenarios for the group to train as a team is a good idea. I could have Sam and Near on the observation posts so that you four can get used to having them guide you."

“Similar observation setup as the last one? Mikes and earpieces? We may need to do the scenarios in different areas. We don't know what she will be trying or where she will be. She really loves being a little girl but she's been using very beautiful women lately.”

Watari nodded. "I think I can come up with ideas and training grounds. Better means of mikes and ear buds as well. This way they can't come off during fighting."

“That sounds good. Bobby needs to go to demonology for the time being and have them prepared for that. I've got the knife and L is working on the colt. We can do this, but we have to do it soon before she finds a way into that church. She won't give up. I sure as hell don't want her looking for Sammy. The sigils on the ribs should prevent that, I hope.”

"According to Bobby and L, that church is practically impossible for anyone to get into. Castiel even vouched for that."

“Thanks for that info. The past months are a blur in places and it's like coming out of a fog.”

"That's what I'm here for. I'm more than just a caretaker," he said with a smile. "Now I'll get to work on some plans with Bobby as it's a team building exercise so you and the others won't know about the situation. No one has an unfair advantage."

“I agree. To work together, we need to take the surprises together to see how it works.”

He nodded. "In the meantime, the four are on the third floor. You two may want to pay a visit."

“Yeah, good idea. Oh, Watari? Kitchens are on the ground floor, right?” Dean winked and headed towards the entrance of the building while Sam and Watari stared after him.

"I have a feeling I will have to watch that carefully," he chuckled.

Sam chuckled and hurried off to catch up with his brother, joining him before he reached the entrance.

The two headed to Dean's floor and quickly found the four geniuses. Near was stretching as best as he could with his injuries while L was supervising a sparring match between the other two younger ones.

The brothers sat close to Near and watched the sparring. Dean touched Near on his leg and asked him how he was feeling.

"Near is improving. Certain areas are slower to heal and will take time before Near can resume normal activities. Stretches and slow Katmai are all the doctor and L will allow for now."

“Yeah, you take it slow. I'll be hitting your workout center today and everyday from now on. Got to build quickly if we're going after Lilith.”

"Dean will not overdo it and cause harm?"

“What harm can I do, Near? Just got to gain strength and tone up muscles that haven't been used in a while.”

"Rushing to regain strength can cause old injuries to flare up," he said matter of factly.

“Well, I don't have a trainer, Near, and Lilith isn't gonna wait around for me to get better. I don't think it's me she's after. She's after Sam to kill her. At least, I don't think she's after me. She already got what she wanted out of me by sending me to hell. I don't believe all of that prophecy so there you are. I argue about it sometimes, but me stopping the Apocalypse from happening? If I can kill her, then I'll believe it”

"Just be careful," he murmured quietly.

“Okay, Near, I'll try my best.”

White hair flowed over pale cheeks when the teenager nodded. "That is all Near asks."

“That's fair enough.”

Another nod was given as Near resumed stretching. Sam noticed that L and the two teens were keeping an eye on the smaller genius, which told him that they were a bit concerned about his recovering injuries. As tiny as the boy was, he could understand that.

Dean did not go far from Near either. Both men watched the two teens spar, paying close attention for any weaknesses that could harm them on the streets. Dean's attitude about martial arts was it could give too much confidence and leave someone open to attack from a more simpler means.

However, the two teens actually went beyond martial arts at times, taking advantage of any openings they could find between each other. There were times when L would stop the spar, point out mistakes, then have them fix it.

Sam watched but paid attention to his brother also. Dean's alertness in watching was intense. Sam couldn't blame him. He wasn't the one facing Lilith with them.

Near occasionally would make a comment about what he was seeing, then called out when Matt's footing was off. The red head flashed him a grin and adjusted.

Dean noticed that Mello left a part of himself open when he did a side kick. In a fight with multiple opponents on the street, he could get hurt. He got up and walked into the sparring area. L saw him approach but said nothing. Mello was not leaving any protection for his back and side by doing the kick and not turning quickly enough to guard it. He stood by the boys, watching. When Mello did the kick again, Dean suddenly moved and took him from behind, both of them going down. Dean whispered softly to the blond, “Move a little quicker out of the kick so this doesn't happen. It's a damn good kick otherwise.”

The blond nodded, looking at Matt. "Again," he said as he climbed back to his feet, adjusting to cover for what Dean had seen.

The older hunter walked back to the others. He looked winded. “Damn, Sammy, gonna have to do something. That shouldn't have been that hard.”

Near looked up at him before Sam could answer. "There is a gym next door to this. Near suggests treadmill first to help with wind."
“Yeah, I'll head over. Wish it had a small track though. I don't like not going anywhere when I walk or run.”

"Use the remote first. There is a television in front of it. Dean can choose scenery to watch or simple shows or movies."
“Thanks. You okay, Sam? I'm gonna walk.”

"I'll be fine. Go have fun."

Dean walked to the gym and entered, looking around. It was marvelous. He found the treadmill. There was a big screen TV in front of it. He looked at was available and picked the roads and trails on Maui. He set the treadmill for slow at first and kept at it, slowly building. He'd been walking for well over an hour and had hit medium high speed. At this time Watari had come in to check on the sparring and asked Sam where Dean was. Both realized that an hour was a long time for the first time and they headed to the gym.

Sam went in first and spotted a grin on his brother's face. "I think he likes your set up."

“Yes, to the point that he has been walking for over an hour and he has not been exercising in a couple of months. wonder if he'll be able to stand when he lets of go of the treadmill?”

"You get one side, I'll get the other. Just in case." He headed towards his brother. "Hey Dean!"

“Hey, Sammy! This is really like walking in Maui, man. Awesome! They finished out there? Didn't last much longer, did they?”

"You've been here an hour," he said with a grin. "Looks like you had fun."

Dean frowned. “An hour? Are you sure? That's too long for a first time, Sam. I shouldn't have been able to do that and stand up. Damn. Can holding onto the treadmill to keep steady on it, keep you going?” Dean started slowing the machine down and his grip grew tighter. Sam knew he was concerned but trying not to show it.

"We're in position if you want to stop. Watari and I can help."
“I promised myself I'd do this slow so I could rebuild strength. Hurting muscles is not the way to do it. Slow was too slow. I ended up on medium high and it seemed fine. But the slower I lower this machine to the slower speeds the more wobbly my legs are getting. Sheesh! This ain't good. I gotta walk.” Dean gave a sarcastic laugh to his own remark.

Sam and Watari were waiting for it to stop so they could help him keep to his feet.
The machine finally stopped and Dean stood there, holding himself up by the grips. Watari told him to let go, but he had his hands down, gripping hard, trying to regain some control over legs that no longer wanted to hold him up. Sam thought he heard some soft curses.

Finally the hunter released and tried to step off the machine and he went down face first. Sam and Watari managed to catch him as he threw his arms out to brace against a fall, both men worried about the hunter's shoulder if he did catch himself.

Between the two of them, they managed to get Dean back to his feet. "I think some stretches and a soak in a tub will do you some good," the older man said. “How do you feel?"

“Not winded. But I could walk better drunk then I can with this. Yeah, stretches should have been a priority before I walked and after, huh? I've never worked out before. What I've been, I've always been. It's just the job. Hot tub sounds good too. What kind of stretches do I need to do?”

Watari told him what he needed to do, giving him a mild lecture on taking care of himself.

Again, Sam was surprised to hear Dean say, “Yes, Sir.”

Watari supervised the stretches and then he and Sam took Dean back to his room, making sure a good bath was drawn for the other as well as a mild pain reliever.

Dean soaked in the tub, sighing as the heat eased the muscles. He looked at the pill and then at the older man. “I thought I was through with these? You think it's really necessary? If you say it won't hurt me, than okay. I just don't want to be addicted to something.”

"It's Tylenol," the older male told him as he tidied things up.

“Watari, is my mind ever going to be normal after the crap that happened? One minute I can think and see what needs to be done and the next I can't tell the difference between a prescription pill and an aspirin. And walking an hour, man. This is frustrating.”

"You're steadily improving even though you don't see it yet. Give it time. Sam and the others, including myself, will help you through it."




No comments:

Post a Comment